T. Rowe Price Reviews | Glassdoor

T. Rowe Price Reviews

Updated January 17, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They really push for a wonderful work-life balance (in 67 reviews)

• Great benefits and collaborative environment (in 92 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is diminishing for staff while management leaves early (in 23 reviews)

• It's call center work for finance and customer service so it can be stressful (in 31 reviews)

1. "Undergone significan changes in executive leadership; no shared vision"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Owings, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Owings, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, convenient location (Owings Mills), and excellent benefits.

Cons

Despite developing an integrated enterprise strategic plan in 2016 the execution of the plan seems disjointed. Perhaps the significant change in C-suite and senior leadership has resulted in a non-cohesive vision. Communications to associates continues to decline.

Advice to Management

Reconnect on the ISP and see where there are different views, resolve the differences, and communicate!

"WISE Account Representative"

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time

Pros

The culture among associates was amazing and a great opportunity for growth with in the company

Cons

Beware it may not be all that its all hyped up to be in the interview. Also there is a slight disconnect between supervisors and associates as far as expectations for associates.

3. "Client Services Intern"

I worked at T. Rowe Price part-time

Pros

Spent 2 weeks training however still had assistance from collegues once on the floor and starting the job.

Cons

Maybe train on more workload

4. "T. Rowe Price"

Former Employee - RAM in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - RAM in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1-salary okay 2-meet lots of people that lead to friendship 3-like money and stocks this is the job for you.

Cons

1-if you don't make quota monthly you get written up 2-sit in front of a computer for 8hrs 3-if there is no work you can be sent home early gotta use vacation time or not get paid for the hours you don't work

"If You're Not Investments, You Don't Matter"

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance
    Decent comp structure
    Opportunities for horizontal mobility

Cons

Non-Investment personnel are treated as second class citizens are reminded of it frequently. PMs and analysts won't remember your name, and its a one strike policy: one mistake and you might as well quit, your career is over.
    Forget any chance of upward mobility unless someone quits or dies, promotions are certainly not based on merit.
    "Suggestions" and "honesty" are just codewords for "lets just do it the way we've always done it" and "tell me what I want to hear".

Advice to Management

Avoiding the active vs. passive discussion won't make it go away, so you might as well discuss it.

6. "Intern"

I worked at T. Rowe Price part-time

Pros

Great training and mentorship program in the 529 College Savings Plan Department. A lot of really great people that would help you whenever you asked. It never felt like I was burdening them with my questions.

Cons

Could be monotonous processing purchases and setting up new accounts. While the help resource was expansive, it was not intuitive to navigate through.

Advice to Management

integrate software programs to reduce duplicate work efforts. Keep the mentorship program and career counseling.

7. "Stockbroker"

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time

Pros

Good atmosphere, worked in a team environment.

Cons

I can't think of any.

"Financial Service Representative"

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time

Pros

-Pays for FINRA licenses
    -Good benefits
    -SOME co-workers are very helpful and great resources to ask questions or get advice on dealing with a situation.
    -You gain a plethora of knowledge in terms of investing, that no doubt will be helpful in a future role or for your own knowledge.

Cons

I can't speak for the whole company, however I can speak for this department. And all I have to say for it is AVOID it at all costs. No matter who you are, you can do better. College graduates, don't get lured in by recruiters promising all this "opportunity" and all these great perks and career expansion.

It's a waste of your time. I'll tell you what you really are, a person who sits in a desk for 8 hours a day taking help desk phone calls for people who are locked out of something online or need help understanding something. That's all you really are. Granted, T. Rowe Price will pay for your FINRA licensing, however, it's not like you really put it to use and I'm sure there are a thousand other companies out there that do the same where you'd have an actual job doing something meaningful.

During busy seasons, they also just tack on overtime everyday without your knowledge and give you no warning of anything. Management is very questionable, favoritism is out of control, and it's just an overall toxic work environment. Start your career elsewhere, you can do so much better than what's provided here.

Advice to Management

The company was founded on ethics, how about you actually enforce that and some integrity while you're at it.

9. "great company, low pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

great employees, good benefits, outstanding 401k

Cons

low pay, low bonuses, slow to act

"Retail Investment Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at T. Rowe Price (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid FINRA, decent pay, great benefits

Cons

There is a culture of top-down, especially if Managers go to Owings Mills, then come back to the satellite offices. Favoritism is rampant, and the workplace is a huge stress inducer.

Advice to Management

Go back through and follow the company's founding tenets.