T1 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Mark Harrison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Free Condoms every payday!!!"

I have been working at T1 full-time

Pros

I love my job immensely.

Cons

Sometimes I am exhausted at the end of the day

"Big Imrpovements"

I have been working at T1 full-time

Pros

Company seems to have made big changes in the last little while, and it's way more inviting. Teams are great, creative group is the friendliest I've come across, CEO is tough but approachable and very smart, clients are nice, colleagues are helpful, dog-friendly, the benefits are great, they seem to recognize hard work, there's a lot of room to grow if you earn it, and they're even changing their space a lot to modernize.

Cons

It is a super busy environment, some of the younger teams can be catty (but where isn't that the case?), definitely some long hours (but that's also XM), and very high expectations that stress a lot of people out.

Advice to Management

More senior team involvement in the day-to-day; the younger teams seem to have a lot of autonomy and it has a huge effect on efficiency and quality of work, and even their stress levels.

3. "Amazing company to work for !"

Former Employee - Senior Brand Ambassador in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Brand Ambassador in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

T1 is the most organized company you will work for , staff is the best ans very helpful

Cons

There are no cons to list ... Great company!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Major regrets. Not a great place to work."

I worked at T1 full-time

Pros

No real pros. Could see that some changes were being made to improve the atmosphere, but a real long way to go. Just about all of the negative things said on this site, I witnessed. In fact, I checked this site out prior to joining, but thought, how bad could it really be. Wow, talk about an eye opener. Some talented people work here, but they seem to be tasked with strange meaningless tasks. probably could put their talent to better use.

Cons

- really bad atmosphere. some refer to it on this site as toxic. that's pretty accurate at times.
    - very very stressful. something they should work on fixing.
    - not organized at all.
    - highest turnover rate I have ever seen.
    - no hr dept, so things that should be flagged are not.
    - no opportunity for advancing. unless you are a junior and your boss quits.
    - very loud
    - dog friendly - good. dog crap in your shoe - bad.

Advice to Management

A lot of work to do to attract people to work here. Definitely was not what I thought it was going to be.

"If you really need a job...then maybe...but probably not."

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

Pros

There are a handful of nice people / clients. Creative team is welcoming for the most part. Kind of wished the space overall was designed to look like a marketing company. Most people who walk by don't know what T1 is. I know this because I have been asked several times.

Drinks on Fridays, unless it's a punishment day, in which case, no drinks.

Chance to work on decks. Can really get your hands dirty here and contribute to new business.

Cons

Thought things started well but after about 3 months, I noticed lots and lots of turnover. Thought it was just a coincidence but people just wanted out.

There is also very little in terms of advancement. It's very easy to get stuck in a role here. Which many would categorize as career suicide. Be mindful of that. I personally got stuck and it has made it very difficult to get another job.

Many of the talented people leave. Either because they are not challenged or because they just can't take it anymore.

Interns have it pretty bad from what I have heard and seen first hand. Worked with a handful. Lots of sad stories I can't share here. But I always tell them to move on to another place if they are not learning. There is nothing wrong with ditching an internship if it is not allowing you to take anything away.

Advice to Management

If you really want to grow and attract great business, you have to prove you can handle it. During my time I saw nothing that really proved this was a company that could compete. Success is also a mindset. Lose the egos.

Advice to people thinking about working here:

Look around. There are many other agencies around that will offer you more.

"Glad I left"

Pros

Dog friendly, close to subway station, beer and snacks on Friday a fridge to put your lunch in. Some staff members are actually nice

Cons

Long hours, underpaid , Very catty atmosphere and constant backstabbing. Lots of manager favouriting going around. If they don't like you based on your personally you are screwed.Your work ethic means nothing.Mangers yelling at staff for everyone to here and there is no hr to resolve this mess. Interns are taken advantage of. Employee of the month is rigged. Dog pee on the carpets. A constant rotating door of staff. No room for growth.

Advice to Management

Hire actual people who have managed a team before. Perhaps review your senior staff to see what they actually do day to day. You would be surprised how much is not getting done.

"Bad experience"

I worked at T1 full-time

Pros

For the most part, colleagues are nice. Nice part of town. Pet friendly. Some interesting clients.

Cons

Lots of politics. Very loud. Arguments can be heard at times. Very poor work/life ratio. Reputation of bad employer to employee relationship.

Advice to Management

Potential is there. But a culture change is needed.

"OK environment, Not OK attitudes"

Pros

Dog friendly, Beer cart, Creative team is very welcoming. Lots of training opportunities, They offer a lot of contract work after.

Cons

Everyone in the office is young and there are obvious cliques. As an intern you are at the bottom and that is clear. No one says good morning. Not friendly at all. Wadge is bad, if you do get a job after the internship expect wage to be below average.

"Surpassed Expectations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

I've been treated with the upmost respect from everyone in the office. Senior management and fellow colleagues are always open to lend an ear or even a hand. Further, with the many projects going on a once I'm always learning through not only my own experiences but the experiences of others. Staff is extremely laid back, connected, and inviting. Plus a dog-friendly office is never a bad thing!

Cons

Didn't necessarily get the tasks that I wanted, leaving me pretty envious to other employees with similar positions. Office can get loud at times from chatter.

"Horrible Disater"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador

Pros

Pay is average but overall not worth it

Cons

If you're thinking of being a Brand Ambassador for this company, don't waste your time. Team leads are incompetent, unprofessional and management believes everything they say. If you misfortune of working with one who doesn't like you or if you don't approve of their unprofessional behaviour, you get fired, no questions asked. Worst promo agency ever.