T3 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Gay Warren Gaddis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Generally there is a good work/life balance" (in 8 reviews)

• "Yes, there are dogs and babies but more than that, T3ers care about other T3ers" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is not adequate" (in 10 reviews)

• "When stresses are high, the tension around the office can be cut with a knife" (in 3 reviews)

"Great place to work"

I have been working at T3 full-time

Pros

My experience at T3 has been very positive. I have worked here for some time now, and i have always found that it is an environment of respect. Your opinion matters, no matter your title or level. The work is generally interesting and my managers and upper management really do seem to care about the staff.

Cons

This is advertising, and the deadlines can be aggressive. If you haven't worked in an agency environment before, that can be a challenge.

"Strategy Director"

Former Employee - Strategy Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Strategy Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at T3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment.
    Good benefits.
    Flexible hours.
    Ample vacation/holidays.

Cons

Bias against older employees.
    Upper management does not have sufficient experience for their roles. Are intimidated by employees possessing greater experience.
    Do-my-way or the-highway management style.

Advice to Management

Don't discriminate against older employees by hiding behind the excuse, "You have too much experience."
    Invite more diverse approaches and ideas into the delivery mix.

"Good agency on hard times"

Pros

You will read this over and over in the reviews, but truly, the people make this place what it is. It feels like a family, (dysfunctions included) and is filled with fellow employees who really care about one another.

The new time off schedule is amazing and very generous of management.

The internal teams try to plan great events and happy hours constantly for the company. They know you spend most of your life here and try to make it as pleasant as possible.

If you have the right boss, the mentorship you receive is a great experience.

Cons

Because this place is like a family, the gossip can reach levels of petty I have never seen before in a work environment. When stresses are high, the tension around the office can be cut with a knife.

The pay is not competitive or comparable to what other agencies with similar job descriptions pay their employees. It seems like management is aware, and tries to make up for it with perks around the office.

T3 is in a rough time right now. There's a lot of new work coming in the door, yet management has been unable to hire at the speed required to get it all done. This results in late nights, working weekends, and sub-par work going out the door.

Advice to Management

Hire more doers. We need more hands on deck not only to get the work done, but to level up the people who have been working tirelessly to keep this ship afloat.

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at T3 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

T3 is unlike any other agency I've ever worked at. First off, I've never worked at a place that truly cared about its employees. Not just their professional development, but personal as well. T3 is a place that understands that employees are people with problems, ambitions, families and works to develop a truly holistic approach to management. Without going into too much personal detail, I will share that I recently had some life-related challenges and T3 was incredibly supportive and flexible and helped me work out the best course of action that alleviated so much stress.

This is a place full of amazing people. You won't find any inflated egos and juvenile antics, instead this place thrives on collaboration and hard work.

There are tons of perks:
    - Bring your dog to work
    - Bring your baby to work (I will add that T3 is incredibly considerate towards parents, MORE than any other agency I've ever worked at)
    - Candy
    - Breakfast once a month
    - Weekly happy hour
    - Guest speakers
    - Concierge services (package wrapping, car wash, dry cleaning)
    - At least one day off each month
    - Summer Fridays

The quality of work really depends on the account. Some clients are more conservative and some are more innovative. But there are always ways to get creative and pitch ideas. The CDs are very open and collaborative.

Cons

Some accounts are fairly conservative and the work can get a little formulaic.
    Senior leadership tends to be mostly male.
    Could benefit from more diversity around the office in general.

Advice to Management

Promote from within (there are lots of amazing women who would do well in senior roles), and try to hire more POCs. Shoot for some more fun accounts with budgets for shoots (creatives will love that).

"Mixed bag"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at T3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Dogs and babies
    * Culture is fun, creative
    * Lots of inspiring, challenging innovation work
    * Nice concierge services for busy people
    * Some truly smart, wonderful people here

Cons

* Poor work/life balance
    * Too much work on each individual to execute it well
    * Disorganized resourcing, processes, tools, etc.
    * Lack of diversity across the board & efforts to remedy lack of diversity were slow, focused on what white men would think/feel
    * T3 and under program is nice in theory, but harder to execute. Not available to everyone (officially or unofficially), in a lot of ways adds stress for new moms
    * No culture of ownership or accountability
    * Experience may vary by team/client

Advice to Management

* Get organized.
    * Stretching people too thin means lack of ownership and accountability, less creativity and more mistakes. Staff appropriately.
    * It's demoralizing being in an office with mostly 20-something white women in entry level roles and almost entirely 40+ white men in leadership roles. Keep working on improving diversity in recruitment, and plug the holes in the pipeline for women and POC transitioning from entry-level to leadership positions.

6. "Long hours"

Former Employee - Administrative
    Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at T3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is very competitive in the Industry

Cons

Willing to work long hours

"T3 is unique"

I have been working at T3 full-time

Pros

The people here are some of the kindest in the industry
    Bad seeds are weeded out – after working at several agencies, and knowing what it’s like to tolerate some pretty awful egos, this practice has been a blessing since somebody with a negative attitude brings down everybody around them.
    Smart and thoughtful thinking
    Smart and thoughtful work
    Innovative Digital Agency
    Generally there is a good work/life balance
    DOGs are allowed in the office – there’s usually 5-10 here daily
    BABIES in the T3 and under program are in the office as well, offering special designated rooms that accommodate the parent as well as the baby.
    Upper management is accessible
    Woman owned agency

Cons

I've been in the industry for quite a while and really enjoy my time here. I feel that if there's an issue it's talked about and addressed quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on...

"T3 truly cares about people"

Current Employee - Group Creative Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Group Creative Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at T3 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people rule
    Family environment
    Everyone has a voice
    Creative integrity
    Management cares

Thanks to the T3 and Under program last year, I was able to work and parent. As a 14 year veteran of T3, I always looked forward to The T3 and Under program as an option. Last year, our path to parenthood came to fruition but in a more non-traditional way, through Adoption. And with that non-traditional start, not only did the company have a way to keep me working and allow me to be with my daughter, the company started a new program to work with my special circumstance.

T3 recognized the tremendous financial and emotional burden the Adoption process was having on me and offered up a new benefit, The T3 Adoption program, to help families like me who are unable to have children on their own.

Blown away. Literally. I researched it, not many companies do this. T3 did.

Not only does this new benefit allocate funds for employees to help with expenses based on tenure, they matched the maternity leave they give to those who birth children.

For those of you who don’t know, adoption is EXPENSIVE and you already feel like you lose out on every single part of becoming a parent, you can imagine how wonderful it was for me that T3 is dedicated to giving the same benefits of those who can. That is an expense they took on, not something they bill to clients. It was very much from the heart, I felt it. And soon after the T3 Adoption program started, we brought our daughter home. Three months later, I came back to work and started in the T3 and Under program.

No matter how you slice or dice it, it’s not easy to balance work and parenting. Even with your child at work. I hired my niece to come to the office with me and help out with my daughter. That wouldn’t work for everyone but it worked for me. What I’ve witnessed over the years is that with each T3 and Under participant, new challenges arise, as they do with any program, but I also witnessed different approaches each individual takes to make it work for them.

With that said, I can see where hurdles exist. Personally I was lucky to have 2 employees go through the program before myself so I was acutely aware of the needs of parents in this program. I can see how for some without that protective layer, it can feel like the program didn't work for them in some way. I do know that each and every person who runs the program go out of their way to help you during the experience. And with each experience, the program gets better because those who run the program are dedicated to fixing any new issues that arise.

At the end of the day, I can honestly say that this company cares. They care about the people, the place, the work. It's why I've stayed. 14 years is a marathon in this business and I know that loyalty pays off for both sides.

Cons

Lack of diversity in some senior level positions

Advice to Management

Continue transparency and loyalty, keep those doors open and continue to push for more diversity in senior level positions

"AMAZING Maternity Perks + Supportive/Inspiring Colleagues = T3 Lifer"

Current Employee - Creative
    Current Employee - Creative

I have been working at T3 full-time

Pros

Work-Life Balance is a REAL THING here
    Bring Your Baby to Work
    Front Desk Concierge Will Wrap All Your Presents + Mail Packages For You
    Super Supportive, Nice, Inspiring Managers + Coworkers
    Kick-ass Work for Big Brands
    Feels Like a Family

I was lucky enough to experience the T3 and Under program with my little one and I wouldn't trade that special time I had with him for the world. What other company allows you to bring your baby to work and attend meetings with sweet baby in tow?! My manager was VERY supportive and my workload was adjusted to allow some serious wiggle room/ie. just getting used to this new routine. Contrary to previous reviews, your workload IS absolutely adjusted. NO ONE expects a new mom or dad to work their normal workload when they get back to the office with a new baby, and having that reassurance and actual follow-through was essential. Coworkers were understanding (and helpful!) of this new reality and though this time was very challenging, it was the most rewarding. Also, new parents get front-row parking spots AND private offices.

In general, T3 feels like a family. People actually care. People are really and truly nice. People have your back and come together to support you when you need it. There's even Soft Bonuses that happen a lot, when coworkers notice someone has really just been killing it lately or when they've maybe been struggling and need some extra TLC. People take the time to notice each other and it creates a really lovely environment — one, in fact, that I never want to leave.

Cons

No Outdoor Workspace (though that should be in the works)
    Never Enough Available Conference Rooms
    Small Fridges for 150 People (hard to fit in those leftovers!)

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and improve benefits and perks. And never lose sight of the value of work/life balance. That's what keeps people around.

"Contrary POV on maternity, kids"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at T3 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I read a recent review that dinged T3 for its maternity and T3 and under program, and had to weigh in with some contrary and very personal experience.

I'm a dad whose kid went through T3 and under and can verify it's not only a real thing, but it was an amazing and unique thing for our family.

After my wife's three month maternity leave (two months paid—NOT two weeks as stated in the other review—then one on short term disability), she was able to be there as our daughter grew.

Having colleagues and dogs and her mom surrounding her at a vital point in her development was an incalculable. benefit. We see the long term effects to this day. The experience bonded us to colleagues in amazing ways. Between the leave and the program, our daughter spent an entire first year of her life with my wife—that's an incredible benefit I've never heard of elsewhere.

T3 readers may recognize me and I'm fine with that. The benefits of both the leave and the T3 and Under program were real, tangible, and indisputable for my family. I'd suggest others who have actually had a kid go through it would likely agree it's not marketing spin.

Cons

I'll admit to the fact that long before I had a kid myself, I was a bit on the fence about having babies around the office and the concessions that needed to be made for those mothers. It may not be everyone's thing, but I came around on it.

I also believe that lack of full awareness of the scope of this program is something to be addressed.

Advice to Management

I'm part of management, but my comment here is more as an employee and specific to the maternity and kid/T3 and under program's relation to my family.