T3 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Gay Warren Gaddis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Generally there is a good work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Yes, there are dogs and babies but more than that, T3ers care about other T3ers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not adequate (in 9 reviews)

• Very high turnover- each month brings at least 2-3 people quitting (in 4 reviews)

"T3 truly cares about people"

Current Employee - Group Creative Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Group Creative Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at T3 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people rule
    Family environment
    Everyone has a voice
    Creative integrity
    Management cares

Thanks to the T3 and Under program last year, I was able to work and parent. As a 14 year veteran of T3, I always looked forward to The T3 and Under program as an option. Last year, our path to parenthood came to fruition but in a more non-traditional way, through Adoption. And with that non-traditional start, not only did the company have a way to keep me working and allow me to be with my daughter, the company started a new program to work with my special circumstance.

T3 recognized the tremendous financial and emotional burden the Adoption process was having on me and offered up a new benefit, The T3 Adoption program, to help families like me who are unable to have children on their own.

Blown away. Literally. I researched it, not many companies do this. T3 did.

Not only does this new benefit allocate funds for employees to help with expenses based on tenure, they matched the maternity leave they give to those who birth children.

For those of you who don’t know, adoption is EXPENSIVE and you already feel like you lose out on every single part of becoming a parent, you can imagine how wonderful it was for me that T3 is dedicated to giving the same benefits of those who can. That is an expense they took on, not something they bill to clients. It was very much from the heart, I felt it. And soon after the T3 Adoption program started, we brought our daughter home. Three months later, I came back to work and started in the T3 and Under program.

No matter how you slice or dice it, it’s not easy to balance work and parenting. Even with your child at work. I hired my niece to come to the office with me and help out with my daughter. That wouldn’t work for everyone but it worked for me. What I’ve witnessed over the years is that with each T3 and Under participant, new challenges arise, as they do with any program, but I also witnessed different approaches each individual takes to make it work for them.

With that said, I can see where hurdles exist. Personally I was lucky to have 2 employees go through the program before myself so I was acutely aware of the needs of parents in this program. I can see how for some without that protective layer, it can feel like the program didn't work for them in some way. I do know that each and every person who runs the program go out of their way to help you during the experience. And with each experience, the program gets better because those who run the program are dedicated to fixing any new issues that arise.

At the end of the day, I can honestly say that this company cares. They care about the people, the place, the work. It's why I've stayed. 14 years is a marathon in this business and I know that loyalty pays off for both sides.

Cons

Lack of diversity in some senior level positions

Advice to Management

Continue transparency and loyalty, keep those doors open and continue to push for more diversity in senior level positions

2. "Long hours"

Former Employee - Administrative
    Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at T3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is very competitive in the Industry

Cons

Willing to work long hours

"T3 is unique"

I have been working at T3 full-time

Pros

The people here are some of the kindest in the industry
    Bad seeds are weeded out – after working at several agencies, and knowing what it’s like to tolerate some pretty awful egos, this practice has been a blessing since somebody with a negative attitude brings down everybody around them.
    Smart and thoughtful thinking
    Smart and thoughtful work
    Innovative Digital Agency
    Generally there is a good work/life balance
    DOGs are allowed in the office – there’s usually 5-10 here daily
    BABIES in the T3 and under program are in the office as well, offering special designated rooms that accommodate the parent as well as the baby.
    Upper management is accessible
    Woman owned agency

Cons

I've been in the industry for quite a while and really enjoy my time here. I feel that if there's an issue it's talked about and addressed quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on...

"Great place to work"

I have been working at T3 full-time

Pros

My experience at T3 has been very positive. I have worked here for some time now, and i have always found that it is an environment of respect. Your opinion matters, no matter your title or level. The work is generally interesting and my managers and upper management really do seem to care about the staff.

Cons

This is advertising, and the deadlines can be aggressive. If you haven't worked in an agency environment before, that can be a challenge.

"AMAZING Maternity Perks + Supportive/Inspiring Colleagues = T3 Lifer"

Current Employee - Creative
    Current Employee - Creative

I have been working at T3 full-time

Pros

Work-Life Balance is a REAL THING here
    Bring Your Baby to Work
    Front Desk Concierge Will Wrap All Your Presents + Mail Packages For You
    Super Supportive, Nice, Inspiring Managers + Coworkers
    Kick-ass Work for Big Brands
    Feels Like a Family

I was lucky enough to experience the T3 and Under program with my little one and I wouldn't trade that special time I had with him for the world. What other company allows you to bring your baby to work and attend meetings with sweet baby in tow?! My manager was VERY supportive and my workload was adjusted to allow some serious wiggle room/ie. just getting used to this new routine. Contrary to previous reviews, your workload IS absolutely adjusted. NO ONE expects a new mom or dad to work their normal workload when they get back to the office with a new baby, and having that reassurance and actual follow-through was essential. Coworkers were understanding (and helpful!) of this new reality and though this time was very challenging, it was the most rewarding. Also, new parents get front-row parking spots AND private offices.

In general, T3 feels like a family. People actually care. People are really and truly nice. People have your back and come together to support you when you need it. There's even Soft Bonuses that happen a lot, when coworkers notice someone has really just been killing it lately or when they've maybe been struggling and need some extra TLC. People take the time to notice each other and it creates a really lovely environment — one, in fact, that I never want to leave.

Cons

No Outdoor Workspace (though that should be in the works)
    Never Enough Available Conference Rooms
    Small Fridges for 150 People (hard to fit in those leftovers!)

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and improve benefits and perks. And never lose sight of the value of work/life balance. That's what keeps people around.

"Contrary POV on maternity, kids"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at T3 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I read a recent review that dinged T3 for its maternity and T3 and under program, and had to weigh in with some contrary and very personal experience.

I'm a dad whose kid went through T3 and under and can verify it's not only a real thing, but it was an amazing and unique thing for our family.

After my wife's three month maternity leave (two months paid—NOT two weeks as stated in the other review—then one on short term disability), she was able to be there as our daughter grew.

Having colleagues and dogs and her mom surrounding her at a vital point in her development was an incalculable. benefit. We see the long term effects to this day. The experience bonded us to colleagues in amazing ways. Between the leave and the program, our daughter spent an entire first year of her life with my wife—that's an incredible benefit I've never heard of elsewhere.

T3 readers may recognize me and I'm fine with that. The benefits of both the leave and the T3 and Under program were real, tangible, and indisputable for my family. I'd suggest others who have actually had a kid go through it would likely agree it's not marketing spin.

Cons

I'll admit to the fact that long before I had a kid myself, I was a bit on the fence about having babies around the office and the concessions that needed to be made for those mothers. It may not be everyone's thing, but I came around on it.

I also believe that lack of full awareness of the scope of this program is something to be addressed.

Advice to Management

I'm part of management, but my comment here is more as an employee and specific to the maternity and kid/T3 and under program's relation to my family.

"Lack of vision and surprisingly female unfriendly"

I worked at T3 full-time

Pros

The do-ers are generally a good bunch of people.

The office space is cool.

There are opportunities to do good work.

Cons

For a female-owned business, T3 fosters a surprisingly female-unfriendly environment. There's a lack of promotion of females on the creative side of the house, and there's a culture of misogony among many managers that's allowed to go unchecked. There's also a serious lack of diversity and no shared/defined plan to address this weakness.

Many people rise to leadership positions based on tenure or the success of a particular project or client rather than their ability to be a good leader, which is the root of a lot of the company's dysfunction. T3 promotes people to management positions without giving them the proper training and tools to learn how to manage effectively.

Work-life balance is ignored, and the company's lack of a clearly defined culture comes from viewing employees as little more than lines on a spreadsheet. The company values profit above all, and does little to encourage growth of employees.

Senior leadership likes to chase shiny objects and call that a vision rather developing and instilling a true vision from the top-down.

Advice to Management

Have a vision and stick with it. Work on defining an employee-centric culture. Practice what you preach.

"You can thrive here if you are creative and ambitious"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at T3 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't care what anyone else says, this agency's portfolio is heads and tails better than almost any other agency I've seen us pitch against inclusive of the large holding company digital shops. The design and technology investment here is phenomenal and it comes through in the things we pitch and bring into the world. The recent hires have all been top notch talent grabs from well respected global firms. I can't tell you how much I've learned just in the past six months based on the recent investment in new senior talent.

Anyone (seriously, anyone, I've seen it numerous occasions) can contribute here if they have good ideas and can communicate. Most of the people I've seen walk out with their nose bent out of shape or the ones I've heard complain the most have generally speaking been victims of their own sense of self entitlement. I know that sounds harsh, but it's true. Be humble, think big, know how to bring those ideas into the real world and understand how to build bridges. That's not just the path forward here, that's the path forward in agency business generally. The difference is T3 is on a positive growth curve so if you make it work here you get brought along for the ride.

Cons

There's so much going on at such a speed communication does break down and this creates inefficiencies that can be very frustrating. But you have to take that with a grain of salt. Also as I said above, it also opens an opportunity if you know how to contribute to straightening things out.

The company has a very distinct culture so if you're not on the same wave length then it can be sort of lonely.

Because the agency is in growth mode there are short turn deadlines on some big projects that can at times seem a little unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Occasionally take a breath. Also, help others learn how to thrive in the agency if it's not totally obvious to them.

"Manager"

I have been working at T3 full-time

Pros

Laid back environment. Friends coworkers. Weekly happy hour

Cons

Work life balance is not adequate.

"Great Projects and Minds - Confused Leadership (at the time)"

I worked at T3 full-time

Pros

Awesome playground for technology and smart strategy. Some very talented designers, big client names and out of the box projects.

Cons

Very heavy focus on the HQ in Texas, only one resource manager so often get booked 150-200% on projects.

Advice to Management

You have offices outside of Texas and those locations cost a lot more to live in so might want to consider salary ranges.