T3 Trading Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 20, 2019

2.9
Sean Hendelman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You can really learn a lot from daily morning, noon, and afternoon meetings" (in 9 reviews)

• "Senior Traders with market experience" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low retention, tough to make money consistently" (in 21 reviews)

• "No salary, no benefits, no support" (in 17 reviews)

1. "Entry Level Proprietary Trader"

Current Employee - Equity Trader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Equity Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are an entry level trader, this company will teach you how to navigate and analyze the information that is presented to you each day. I have learned so much since I started working here and I know that I'm barely scratching the surface. It is not accurate to say that you can learn everything they teach you from the internet. All of that information is just information, there is no substitute for actual experience in real time.

It is entirely possible to make a good living being a proprietary trader and there are veterans in the company with a plethora of experience to prove this. With that being said, they did not get there by accident. This career requires a lot of hard work to say the least. This is not a 9-5 job that you can merely show up and expect to get paid, you have to do the work and be passionate about it.

I have never felt like I didn't have any resources and have always felt comfortable enough to ask questions and learn. There is a lot of support, experience and education at your disposal. If you're working out of an office, I would say that it is a cooperative and collaborative environment with a lot of camaraderie among the other traders working towards a common goal.

One important aspect that I would like to address is that your success and failure in this business is entirely dependent on YOU. You have full discretion over the decisions you make and you must take responsibility if you are not performing well. The market does not owe you anything, and all the information you need to progress is there. If you do NOT observe good risk management like they teach you to do and put in the necessary work to develop and learn from your mistakes, consider your capital contribution gone. You will learn a lot at this company, and flexibility with your schedule is also a plus.

Cons

Since your trading career will be more similar to running your own business than a job, you will have some overhead. You have monthly fees for the data in which you choose to subscribe and administration fees. You could potentially pay your monthly fees off with one good day, but they're still a factor consider. Living and working out of the Manhattan office could be expensive. It is a very good idea to have some money saved up or some sort of stability as you endure the learning curve.

Advice to Management

Put even more emphasis in developing new traders.

2. "good company"

Current Employee - Trader
    Current Employee - Trader

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

paid based on your talent, less expenses than other places

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say

"Okay"

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty Easy interview process. Flag

Cons

No salary, performance based. Too many fees

"This is a SCAM!! You are a client, not an employee"

Current Employee - Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing! All the reviews above 2 stars are fake, I have seen management write them! DO NOT WORK HERE

Cons

They WILL take your money!
    If you're an experienced trader and actually make money trading the best that will happen is you'll stay right at your contribution level and never actually cash out.
    So here is how this whole scam works:
    -You have to put up cash usually between $10k to $100k
    -This is your risk margin if you lose that amount you're out plus you owe them whatever amount bellow that you lost.
    -The fees are insane! You'll probably end up paying about $15k to $20k a year in transaction and "administration fees" depending on your buying power.
    -If you stop trading (AKA stop making money) the fees will eat your initial contribution right up because you cannot pull your money out!
    -I repeat: If you put money with them that money is GONE!
    Not because you lost the money trading, but simply because the fees will eventually eat it all up.
    -If you aren't at least a 10+ year experienced trader you shouldn't even be looking to join a prop firm but if you are an experienced trader; you'll make more money borrowing margin from a broker so don't come here.
    -Ignore the 3+ star reviews on here. They are fake (I have seen management write them up)
    -The managers will try to pressure you into making large day trades because they get paid on commission. You'll pay more in commission fees then rent in downtown Manhattan (simply because you're basically paying for your manager's rent and living expenses)
    -If you think you will learn how to trade or gain experience you are looking at the wrong place and shouldn't be looking at trading jobs at all.

No benefits
    No salary
    All you'll end up doing is lose your contribution money

Advice to Management

Stop scamming people!

"Do not come here!!! You been warned"

I worked at T3 Trading Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bad habits and incredibly high fees

Cons

Everything else. You are the last to be considered here.

Advice to Management

Stop scamming people and selling them the pie in the sky

"trader"

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time

Pros

colaborative team working enviroment for some group

Cons

too much fees, inclusing hidden fees. anual k1 fee etc.

Advice to Management

focus on profitability on trader, not how to make more money off commissions

"Proprietary Trader"

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's really no pros to working at the company. I read the reviews before I started and didn't trust them which is something I regret because all the negative reviews are true.

Cons

Everything.... The fees are incredibly high. The trading platform is free but you have to pay for all the data which is very expensive for a new trader. The so-called training that they say they give you is just basic technical analysis that you can learn by reading Investopedia. Hardly any actionable trading ideas. There's no room to grow. I was pushed to constantly trade more and more to run up commissions for my supervisor. You're a customer here not an employee. I was forced off the demo account after a few days to go live and hardly knew how the software worked which made me make mistakes with real money. On top of paying crazy fees they take a percentage of what you make as well. This place has a very high turnover rate. There's no room to grow here and the class b members don't want you to move up. So since there's no growth potential I'm leaving.

Advice to Management

Allow for more growth potential. Invest more in your traders and stop treating them like customers and more like employees, otherwise, people are going to keep leaving.

8. "day and swing trading"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I worked at T3 Trading Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

gave great amount of leverage

Cons

help desk was not very efficient

Advice to Management

hire more service people

9. "PROPRIETARY TRADER"

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely none. I regret not trusting the online reviews. If you don't believe me, message other traders on social media and ask them yourself.

Cons

Where to start, no room to grow, they lie about training but there is none. What they call training is info you can read from investopedia. No actionable training whatsoever.Monthly fees are very high for developing traders. Was frequently pushed to trade more and more so supervisor makes commission. When I was simulating, he wanted me to stop. So I stopped going in and went remote. Turnover rate is ridiculous. They're a trading mill with no real traders to teach and class b members don't want their traders to move up. So obviously if I can't move up, I'm leaving.

Advice to Management

Create and define clear growth opportunities, otherwise people will leave. I wanted to teach my trading strategy and be a class B member, turn things around, and was shot down.

"Stay Away"

Current Employee - Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at T3 Trading Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to trade and create your own strategy

Cons

Exorbitant fees, lack of direction from management, zero to minimal guidance for beginners, misinformation to new traders, strategy development that benefits the company due to trade volume and fees, locker room atmosphere with negativity and intimidation used to take advantage of new traders.