T3 Trading Group Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

4.0
T3 Trading Group Chief Executive Officer Sean Hendelman (no image)
Sean Hendelman
Pros
  • "Good guidance and mentorship from senior traders on the floor(in 11 reviews)

• "nice working environment and good way to learn the market(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low retention, tough to make money consistently(in 24 reviews)

• "No base salary for this position(in 22 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Good career start

Apr 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can make lots of money

Cons

I cannot see cons yet

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Real guidance from real traders

Mar 1, 2021 - Professional Trader in Falmouth, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been trading with T3 for just over a year - I joined literally as NY went into pandemic lockdown (I wrote the Series 57 on Feb 29). I have been using the T3 VTF (virtual trading floor) software and trading software daily since, and have benefit from the supportive community, educational resources and mentorship. When I first started trading with T3, I needed to learn how to unlearn some of my own bad habits, and to formulate good trading practices. It was all up to me, of course - I needed to learn what I was doing wrong, and to correct it. I learned to really listen to others in the VTF, and over time my trading has become consistently profitable. I credit my success to the team at T3 (there is an awesome, data-driven and insightful dialogue in the T3 VTFs every second of the day), and in particular, Derrick Oldensmith and Scott Redler, for their constant mentorship and insights. Trading success depends on so many factors many of which only the trader him/herself can control. One of the things that I like about T3 is the pure accessibility to skills that may seem to be 'dark magic' from the outside - they are literally democratizing the skills that make up profitable trading. One thing that trading with T3 has taught me is that with hard work, discipline and the right mindset, consistent trading success is available to anybody.

Cons

You alone are responsible for your trades, successful and not.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0

nice

May 6, 2021 - Trader
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice work environment, supervisor and more

Cons

small fees add up large

4. 2.0

Sketch

Apr 15, 2021 - Trader
      Business Outlook

Pros

20x day trading buying power 8x for overnight positions

Cons

Capital needs to be contributed and is locked up for a year even if you leave t3 before that year is up. Fees on fees on fees. Trading is hard as is but desk fees and commissions on trades and platform fees level 2 data fees make it even harder. They use your capital contribution to remove all their risk as you’re responsible for all losses, but they’re happy to take from profits....

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Access to Capital

Apr 13, 2021 - Proprietary Trader in Oceanside, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leverage your capital to make good money! Great training program. The management wants you to succeed and spends time daily answering questions to make all the traders better. Flexible remote trading. Constant line of communication with a professional team.

Cons

Performance based pay. Your income relies on how much you make, which can be stressful, but also very profitable.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Buying power and fees

Apr 2, 2021 - Trader in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

buying power. direct access software that works most of the time. certain individuals are willing to help too. Sean's a good guy. Many other staff are good too.

Cons

fees that gradually increase. Also no one actually informs of you of things head of time so you discover fees or requirements or changes the hard way. Unfortunately if you can't maintain consistent profits to continue to build your account the fee's will hinder your efforts. When you make profits the firm gets a percentage and fee's are taken from it. If you trade a loss, they dont get a percentage but fee's add onto that loss

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very professional firm with excellent trading / execution capabilities ; great leadership

Mar 16, 2021 - Proprietary Equities Trader in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent firm to trade with; very professional; great leaders with real market knowledge / experience to learn from (Derrick Oldensmith has a terrific group)

Cons

Entrepreneurial environment; what you put into your trading knowledge / career is what you'll get out of it

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

overall review

Mar 31, 2021 - Equities Trader
      Business Outlook

Pros

discretionary trading, flat mgmt, open discussion

Cons

junior is not allowed to involve with long term trades

9. 5.0

Solid Training and Capital Access

Mar 17, 2021 - Equity Trader in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Access to great leverage Solid training Great coworkers Access to elite trading platform

Cons

A lot of money out of own pocket - but, could provide infinite return

10. 5.0

Equity Trader

Feb 11, 2021 - Proprietary Equity Trader in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent support by senior traders. Derrick and the team do great job of shortening the learning curve for traders that are engaged.

Cons

Markets can be rough for beginners. Your gains depend on the work you're willing to put in.

2 people found this review helpful