TAIT & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TAIT & Associates Chief Executive Officer Thomas F. Tait
Thomas F. Tait

1. "A room with a review"

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in Richardson, TX

I have been working at TAIT & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Tait has a wonderful culture and is genuinely managed by a group of kind people. Tait allows creative driven individuals to develop new business lines and pursue new and unique clients. A trusting firm with a strong sense of fiscal responsibility. Really, a good and solid company.

Cons

Twenty words twenty words twenty words twenty words twenty words twenty words twenty words twenty words twenty words twenty words

Advice to Management

Keep the forward progress

2. "Tait in Richardson is a great place to work."

Former Employee - Environmental Health and Safety Manager in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Environmental Health and Safety Manager in Richardson, TX

I worked at TAIT & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment and the professionalism. The work is honest, and the safety culture in exceptional. They make new employees feel welcomed, at least for managers.

Cons

As far as pay they kind of undercut new employees. They are below average for the amount of work but the see it as value more work for less pay. Pay is every two weeks.

Advice to Management

Stop under paying new employees.

3. "Home away from home"

Current Employee - Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at TAIT & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I feel like I am among family when I come to work. One of the company's five core values is that "we treat each other with dignity and respect." From top to bottom, it seems like everybody lives by this value, which makes for a pleasant and productive work environment. Probably my biggest indicator is that I look forward to going to work in the morning.

Cons

Can't think of anything significant and don't want to nit-pick

4. "CFO"

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at TAIT & Associates (More than 10 years)

Pros

Tait allows you to grow within the organization, and gives you a lot of flexibility within your position. The company has a nice, family feel, and is well managed.

Cons

I would like to see the company continually look for opportunities to create new management positions for our top performers. This requires growth, and occasionally taking on some risk.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow in order to create new opportunities for our top notch associates.

5. "TAITs & Taiter Tots - Thumbs Up!"

Current Employee - Proposal Manager/Marketing Associate in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Proposal Manager/Marketing Associate in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at TAIT & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TAIT has been my favorite place to work during my career and has helped me find my niche. Good management who listen to you and a great variety of benefits. I and many others especially value a flexible work schedule, so the new flex Friday schedule (one Friday a month) is an awesome perk for work/life balance. Love the get-togethers arranged too, like the monthly Taco Tuesdays and birthdays/anniversaries dessert parties. It's all about balancing hard, ethical work you care about and fun.

Cons

None at the moment and I'm confident that if I do have any ideas for improvement they will be considered and valued.

6. "Great people, great engineers, and a great work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at TAIT & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work: a diversity of projects (large and small), encourage associates to learn and excel in multiple facets of engineering, regular paid trainings for engineering and CAD topics, engineers willing to stop and explain/train on topics to help each other out.

Environment: free breakfast foods (cereal/oatmeal/granola bars/fruit), regular department/training lunches, LOTS of company events and activities for associates and families to have fun outside of the office

Benefits: optional flex work schedule (1 Friday off per 4 weeks), health/vision/dental, 401k matching, life insurance, sick leave

Cons

Due to a lack of standardization within departments, some newer hires are forced to learn from a "trial and error" method which can lead to frustration. Though there is a current focus on updating standards/practices, more could be done to help provide associates with the tools and instructions needed for success.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!

7. "Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Pros

A professional, yet relaxed environment. People are genuinely friendly and the TAIT family is still very much involved. It's awesome to see Dr. Ken Tait, founder, still come to the office every day. There are several associate events each month, from Taco Tuesdays, Birthday/ Anniversary celebrations, FitBit challenges, and so on. This environment fits everyone!

I've seen Project Engineers become Project Managers, and Design Engineers become Project Engineers. If you want it, you can achieve it here and management wants to help you get there.

The company has made 3 stand-out improvements to the benefit-line up as well: increased 401k match, added an additional paid Holiday, and established an flexible work schedule outside of the normal 8-5 Monday to Friday.

Cons

Parking, maybe? There are no "cons" to working at TAIT. You can see that everyone working here really enjoys the atmosphere and their work.

Advice to Management

Thank you. There aren't many companies left that value Associate feedback as much as TAIT. It's easy to see that the company values and culture are top priority.

Aug 18, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback, we appreciate it!

"CAD designer"

Former Employee - Senior Designer in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Designer in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at TAIT & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, high technology, nice location and close to the park where you can go on lunch to relax.

Cons

No room advancement on career unless you stay more than 15 years. Salary is way below market. Some persons in high position will never appreciate your hardwork & dedication. Benefits are horrible for production people. They talk behind your back when you have a small issue. Be sure to keep your life private when working here.

Advice to Management

Change the culture, give credit to the people who works in production. Make changes to benefits, most companies nowadays have full cost coverage.

Aug 18, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate your honest feedback. We value all our associates and their hard work! We have recently improved our benefits to include a higher 401k match, an additional paid holiday, as well as an ... More

9. "Project Coordinator"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator Assistant in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator Assistant in Anaheim, CA

I worked at TAIT & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Tait believes in "Work/ Life Balance" which is a big plus. Business casual work environment and open door policies with most upper management and supervisors.

Cons

Lacking in enforcing disciplinary actions when necessary due o "favoritism" and "who you know" attitudes.

Advice to Management

Enforce supervisors to listen to complaints from employees

Jul 5, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate your feedback! The TAIT Management Team continually works hard to treat everyone equally and fairly.

10. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at TAIT & Associates full-time

Pros

The culture at TAIT is incomparable. Everyone here is working together for the same cause, and they are such a great company to work for. They really care about their associates and want to make this an amazing place to work. Lots of opportunities here! Also, we have taco Tuesday once a month and mid-month birthdays and anniversaries!

Cons

Nothing bad to say about TAIT!

Advice to Management

More social events please!