TASC Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TASC President and Chief Executive Officer John Hynes
John Hynes

Pros
  • Fantastic work environment with smart, innovative, and motivated coworkers (in 14 reviews)

• Interesting work; good people among the rank and file; reasonable job security especially for engineers (in 12 reviews)

"WORST PLACE EVER"

Former Employee - Aerospace Engineer in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Aerospace Engineer in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at TASC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck, albeit a small one. Not much else I can say, there were a few good people there, but they were in the minority. There was a Costco nearby where you can get a cheap lunch.

Cons

What a horrible place to work. It was the most unprofessional and immature group of engineers I ever worked with. Partly that was due to the average age of the group (younger), but more due to bad leadership, or lack thereof. Management was by those who were small minded and petty, interested in self promotion more than success of the group. My lead would actively sabotage his engineers to try to make himself look better. Such bad behavior. The whole culture there was of small-minded pettiness. Not a good place for a midcareer engineer, but possibly good for those just starting out, or in the last 5 years of their careers. Otherwise I'd say stay away, this place is the toxic waste dump of engineering offices.

Advice to Management

Act like leaders, not like selfish children.

"Use to be a Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Freedom to work without being micro managed. Flex hours. The Legacy TASC side use to be a very great company.

Cons

Upper Management is very dis engaged with staff. Very little communication when needed. The Benefits are not Great. Raises if you get one is very little.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employee's. Don't tell them you don't have time to address the needs of the department because you don't understand the statement of work. If you don't have time to learn what your Staff does, place that group under another manager who has the time. Your employee's should feel cared for and have confidence in there leadership.

"Was a great place to work until being acquired by Engility"

Former Employee - Propsal Graphic Artist in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Propsal Graphic Artist in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility in work schedule, great people to work with, real team work in proposal production.

Cons

New company was hazy in guidance and processes. Benefits cut, no raises since 2013.

Advice to Management

Employees are not widgets--cutting to the bone to be "lean and mean" will result in losing your best people, relying on the cheapest method will result in poor services to the customer and damage your bottom line.

"Budget Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No Pro's left...the company has deteriorated to a point where it's become who can get out fastest.

Cons

I have watched management eat up, what little profits there are, with high salaries and bonuses for the executives, while the employee's have not had any raises in more than 3 years and, even though annual bonuses are "supposed" to happen, they don't (at least not for anyone below Director level (Director and above get their bonuses). Benefits have been cut to the point that you're almost better off going through "Affordable Health Care" program. TASC doesn't understand their customers, don't meet the customer needs, and certainly don't meet the employee's needs. TASC has some seriously talented employee's...but many are RIF'd because they make too much money (you get what you pay for dude's), or they leave for other employment because they are fed up with the BS. I understand the economy, and government cut backs...but the decisions that upper Management at TASC is making are truly BAD, and have resulted in the loss of some outstanding employee's and some seriously important government contracts.

Advice to Management

None...they won't listen anyway. In the 5 years since it's separation from Northrop Grumman, they have had extremely talented people give them advice...they don't take it...so I'll give none here...it's not like they care, or even read these boards anyhow!

"Not friendly"

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at TASC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nonetheless I don't want yo work there

Cons

Low confidence I'll have a job for long

Advice to Management

Less taking care of senior mgmt

"No long term strategy or plan at this company"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commensurate benefits with competitors
    Nothing else

Cons

Rudderless company handcuffed by their equity owners

Advice to Management

Consider buying out our owners to better control our destiny

"Employees Now Seen as an Unnecessary Expense"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer V in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer V in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company Name is easy to spell

Cons

Company Benefits contributions from employees for health insurancea are more expensive than purchasing individual insurances.
    Since getting spun off from Northrop Grumman and sold to venture capitalist KKR, the company has been shedding experienced and skilled engineers and moved from a well-respected systems integrator to a software coding and systems administration shop.

Advice to Management

Compensation and benefits are no longer competitive with engineering skills in the market. Employee stability is a thing of the past. Layoffs are de rigueur these days. The experience and skills level within the company are falling as is the reputation once claimed as a leader in complex engineering solutions.

"Worst Work Experience I've Ever Had."

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Fort Huachuca, AZ
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Fort Huachuca, AZ

I worked at TASC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fairly easy to get hired.

Cons

At TASC by far I witnessed and experieced the worst abuses in my career.

I worked under in an extremely toxic enviroment. I struggled to understand directions supervisors because many of them had very weak reading and writing skills, communication skills. Some of them could not touch type.

Employee abuse was on clear display, employees would often get yelled at in front of higher ups such as Project Managers. That's why no one ever went to HR, the abuse was so blatant that it was clear it was implicitly allowed.

There was 100% turnover within 6 months of me working there.

I strongly recommend to anyone to not work at Ft. Huachuca and especially not to work at TASC in Ft. Huachuca unless you are generously compinsated because you will experience to some degree this garbage. Don't even consider a job at TASC or Ft. Huachcua at all if you are just starting your career.

Advice to Management

I don't have any. It was clear from my experience they are not involved in managing their Ft. Huachuca contract and have left the mid managers that are their locally to their own devices.

9. "Awesome work but little support."

Former Employee - Computer Sys Sec Analyst in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Computer Sys Sec Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Worked on leading-edge issues with high-level personnel. Contributed to and shaped far-reaching inititiatives.

Cons

Received no technical training. Poor first-line management. Clearance was not submitted for periodic update, then was terminated for having an out-of-scope background investigation (TS/SCI clearance had no periodic reinvestigation for almost 10 years).

Advice to Management

Ensure that employees are explicitly told of their responsibilities, e.g., keeping their clearance up to date. For example, as part of the annual review process employees should be briefed on the status of their clearance. If necessary, the employee could work with management to transfer to another part of the company that would force a periodic update to be initiated.

10. "Corporate"

Current Employee - Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commute is a plus and the new cafeteria is a plus

Cons

Horrible managers, horrible HR department, horrible employee moral, horrible senior management with horrible individuals in leadership positions. Feels like you are working in a prison.

Advice to Management

Shut it down