TASER Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TASER CEO and Founder Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is overall good (in 7 reviews)

• Part of something that was meaningful and helped make the world a safer place (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes the hours can get long, but the company pushes everyone to have a good work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Transforming and scaling company is experiencing some growing pains of hyper scale (in 8 reviews)

"Great Company For High Performers"

Current Employee - Senior Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TASER Axon is a powerful mission driven organization where the work you do really does matter. Coming from a Fortune 500 CRM company, I rolled the dice and took what I thought was a considerable risk coming to TASER Axon. I do not regret the decision for a single second. If you are in a similar place and considering coming to TASER Axon here a few things I have found after making the transition. This is a real technology company that is the leader in public safety. The people here are incredibly intelligent, supportive, hardworking, accountable and are a heck of a lot of fun to work with. This is a company where everyone is aligned to achieve the mission of making our communities safer. Internal politics will not get in your way to get the job done. The amount of support I have received has been amazing. The sales team is incredibly high performing and a great group to work with if you have what it takes to be a top performer and not make excuses. As a senior member on the technology sales team, I have the autonomy and resources to get the job done and wake up every day happy knowing that the work I do makes a real difference.

Cons

Not really any major cons to mention. This company is growing fast and we are on a rocket ship. With that comes a level of pressure that is to be expected. Because of the rapid growth, being adaptable to change is critical. If you are used to hiding under multiple layers of management and just getting by, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive innovation and the fun performance based culture through the growth we are experiencing.

"Great in the beginning and slowly changed"

Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at TASER full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working for TASER. I started off as a worker on the X26 line and worked my way up in the 10 years I worked at TASER. I always learned something new everyday. The co workers at the time was great to work with. The pay was not bad. Free coffee and soda. Work out equipment and showers. Great products that worked (I have exposed to the TASER products 7 times). All the higher ups were approachable. My name is Josh Durr

Cons

If you did not go to Harvard you most likely won't go far. I left the company because i had no life outside of work due to traveling schedule (traveling 3 weeks out of the month and some weekends). I asked to be moved to a "desk job". After a month of no talk about my move and seeing people (Harvard golden children) getting moved or Promoted to positions that were not open to anyone to interview for, I put in my two week notice.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees. Open jobs to everyone. Stop bringing people from the outside and look within the company for positions.

"Unique and valuable experience"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at a company like Taser is a once in a life time opportunity due to the timeliness of the products we are working on. When I started, body cameras were untested and an unknown product. Now they are in the news constantly and are something that both the public and police can get behind. It is so incredibly rewarding to see the work you do actually make a difference that can be measured in studies or viewed in the nightly news. The market has finally caught up to the products we offer, yet we are focused on what is the next industry changing thing we want to deliver.

Moreover, the culture here is great. Our work is serious but the people make the environment lighthearted and fun to come into work. The amount of respect around the office is also refreshing. It doesn't matter if you are an intern or C-level exec, your opinion is valued by the content and as long as you are able to defend your actions with tangible rational, failure is not punished, but learned from.

Work/life balance is second to none. We just got back from 3 days, all expenses paid, rafting trip in the Grand Canyon as a company. There is unlimited PTO and you are encouraged to take advantage of it. Also working remote or from home is never an issue.

Cons

Pay can be hard to negotiate since we are still smaller and unable to offer as good of packages as the larger tech companies. Communication between teams can sometimes be an issue when dealing with tight deadlines and limited resources.

Advice to Management

We need more resources.

5. "Awesome company at an awesome time"

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really strong company culture. Taser moves fast, pivots, iterates, and always stays focused on the user experience. The mission is something that every employee buys into. People work hard but also have a good time. Get in now! Taser is growing exceptionally fast, and now's an incredible time to be part of the team.

Cons

We need more people! Rapid growth means rapid hiring, and Taser needs to hire faster.

"New kid on the block, feeling very welcome"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

This team is ready to welcome inbound employees with open arms and lots of support.
    The introduction and on-boarding has been great and I am thrilled with the reception they have given me!
    Coming from a very large organization, I was a little bit used to feeling invisible sometimes, but this is not that kind of shop. I feel confident I will be able to contribute and work closely with other teams to help deliver - and leverage all the internal knowledge I can to make me successful.
    Looking forward to a bright future here!

Cons

none that I can see yet

7. "One of a Kind!"

Current Employee - Quality Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Quality Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TASER has a "one of kind" culture that believes in protecting life with our CEWs and protecting the truth with our Video platforms. It is a free spirited working environment where you can listen to music all day while working with awesome individuals on out of this world technology. The people are not micro-managed and are able to get the job done in innovative ways.

Cons

Can't really say I have any cons.

Advice to Management

Just keep supporting the people and drive towards the next level of awesomeness.

8. "The Rocket is on the Launchpad"

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive mission to change the world for the better, passionate people, Scottsdale is beautiful, great access to executive team, fast-moving company, open culture, hackathons, rotational development program, First Friday happy hours, holiday parties.

The company has dramatically changed for the better over the past two years. It's ready to make a massive impact and change the world again. I'm looking forward to where the company goes next.

Cons

Work-life balance can be difficult in some roles; sea of honeycombed cubicles; extremely slow hiring process

Advice to Management

Keep working to bring the hungry, driven start-up culture back to TASER. More focus on hiring.

9. "On the brink"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TASER is about to take off for second time. Evidence.com & AXON are the next big thing. This is an exciting company that takes big risks. Great culture & people.

Cons

only con- they should have free food

10. "Working at taser"

Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No limits on your level of involvement, friendly place to work, good compensated for your work with stocks and salary.

Cons

Not very structured work requirements if you are a person that likes structure.

Advice to Management

Keep improving on strategies for products, personnel hiring and development.

"Great purpose, good opportunities, ok comp"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company truly wants to improve the world, and actually does. They're customers love them and they are a truly world famous brand. The company itself is a fun place to work, and has an amazing HQ. The senior management thinks 10 years ahead and actually makes moves to get the company there, investing in new business models and products that will allow for continued growth in a sector they dominate. The company has also changed dramatically over the past few years, all for the better. They have gotten rid of toxic employees and ineffective managers and the company culture is far better for it. They recognize talent in their employees and there is ample space to be a contributor and take on responsibility.

Cons

Compensation could be better, and there are a few managers left that need to either step up their game or be replaced. Also the new business is still trying to find its stride.

Advice to Management

Stick with your growth strategy and continue investing in it. Don't get lazy on making sure that everyone on the team is a Grade-A contributor even though we're growing and need to fill roles quickly.