TASER Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
TASER CEO and Founder Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"New kid on the block, feeling very welcome"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

This team is ready to welcome inbound employees with open arms and lots of support.
    The introduction and on-boarding has been great and I am thrilled with the reception they have given me!
    Coming from a very large organization, I was a little bit used to feeling invisible sometimes, but this is not that kind of shop. I feel confident I will be able to contribute and work closely with other teams to help deliver - and leverage all the internal knowledge I can to make me successful.
    Looking forward to a bright future here!

Cons

none that I can see yet

2. "One of a Kind!"

Current Employee - Quality Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Quality Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TASER has a "one of kind" culture that believes in protecting life with our CEWs and protecting the truth with our Video platforms. It is a free spirited working environment where you can listen to music all day while working with awesome individuals on out of this world technology. The people are not micro-managed and are able to get the job done in innovative ways.

Cons

Can't really say I have any cons.

Advice to Management

Just keep supporting the people and drive towards the next level of awesomeness.

3. "The Rocket is on the Launchpad"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive mission to change the world for the better, passionate people, Scottsdale is beautiful, great access to executive team, fast-moving company, open culture, hackathons, rotational development program, First Friday happy hours, holiday parties.

The company has dramatically changed for the better over the past two years. It's ready to make a massive impact and change the world again. I'm looking forward to where the company goes next.

Cons

Work-life balance can be difficult in some roles; sea of honeycombed cubicles; extremely slow hiring process

Advice to Management

Keep working to bring the hungry, driven start-up culture back to TASER. More focus on hiring.

4. "On the brink"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TASER is about to take off for second time. Evidence.com & AXON are the next big thing. This is an exciting company that takes big risks. Great culture & people.

Cons

only con- they should have free food

5. "Working at taser"

Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No limits on your level of involvement, friendly place to work, good compensated for your work with stocks and salary.

Cons

Not very structured work requirements if you are a person that likes structure.

Advice to Management

Keep improving on strategies for products, personnel hiring and development.

"Great purpose, good opportunities, ok comp"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company truly wants to improve the world, and actually does. They're customers love them and they are a truly world famous brand. The company itself is a fun place to work, and has an amazing HQ. The senior management thinks 10 years ahead and actually makes moves to get the company there, investing in new business models and products that will allow for continued growth in a sector they dominate. The company has also changed dramatically over the past few years, all for the better. They have gotten rid of toxic employees and ineffective managers and the company culture is far better for it. They recognize talent in their employees and there is ample space to be a contributor and take on responsibility.

Cons

Compensation could be better, and there are a few managers left that need to either step up their game or be replaced. Also the new business is still trying to find its stride.

Advice to Management

Stick with your growth strategy and continue investing in it. Don't get lazy on making sure that everyone on the team is a Grade-A contributor even though we're growing and need to fill roles quickly.

7. "Mission"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

“TASER’s mission is the end user, the law enforcement officer. TASER has effectively changed law enforcement by adding intermediate weapons, cameras, and technology that protects them, allows them to save more lives, and positively enhance the delivery of police service in their community. I’m proud to be a part of this mission,” –Andy, Sales Ops

Cons

Well if you don't like technology, career opportunity, talent, innovation, individualism, motivation, excitement, sci-fi, self-management, open communication, working for an industry leader, educational opportunities, positive motivation, then you may not enjoy this employer.