TASER Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TASER CEO and Founder Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Pros
  • Everyone is very accessible in such an open work environment (in 8 reviews)

• Work on products that save lives and change the world, every day (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Dismal work life balance:- Taser tries to operate like a startup where reality is that it's not (in 9 reviews)

• Another big issue is that there is no direction for development on the MFG side, no career path if you want to move up (in 5 reviews)

"In the midst of massive change"

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TASER is changing the technological landscape in public safety. What was once a company with a single flagship product is now a fast-growing, software-driven company with a platform of innovative technologies. There is no shortage of projects to work on, and the people you get to work on them with are top of the line.

Cons

The massive change in momentum has brought some turmoil, including the majority of the company having been around for <2 years. This feels more significant in a 20 year old company than it does in a startup, and the change of pace can be a bit much for some people.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the people, the product, and the mission.

"Love my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it's a fantastic place to work
    awesome culture
    belief in a life-saving product
    innovative startup culture
    unlimited PTO

Cons

too much focus on flashy things rather than substance
    a small percentage of execs have a bad idea of work-life balance (they don't have families and they expect others to act the same)

Advice to Management

trust your employees more.

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at TASER (More than a year)

Pros

Great career oppurtunities. Awesome encouragmnent

Cons

need better career path in mfg.

Advice to Management

Keep leading by example

"Make a Difference in the World Around You: Work at TASER"

I have been working at TASER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Working for a mission and company that allows you to make the world a better place is really energizing and impactful.

+ Great people. Seriously. Great people. There are so many awesome people here that it makes you feel fortunate to be a part of it.

+ Fantastic leadership team-approachable, open minded, committed, and empathetic

+ Some really fun and quirky benefits. $100 to use toward Health and Wellness related stuff? Sign me up! The flexibility of being able to expense a meal if I'm working long hours one day? Love it. Tuition reimbursement? Never to be scoffed at. TASER's benefits may need some work, but they're really moving in the right direction, and the team is making efforts to keep things going in that direction.

+ Opportunity. There aren't set career paths (right now), but there is ample opportunity to come in and make a name for yourself, and grow your career very quickly. Love it.

Cons

-Work Hard. But Play Hard. Yes, sometimes work life balance is hard here in a stage of hyper growth. But we play hard too. Lots of awesome activities like Smash Putt (mini golf), rafting trips, waffle trucks, executive dinners, and more.

-Fast Paced. Ambiguous. Depending on the type of work environment you enjoy this could be your cup of tea, but fair warning we're really like a start up.

Advice to Management

Keep leading by example. Keep listening to your people. Keep demonstrating the service leadership and passion that has made TASER what it is today.

"Full stack developer working on a cloud based system for managing digital evidence."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hierarchy is very flat which encourages communication, cooperation, and rapid development of ideas. My coworkers are smart and passionate. We're all excited to work on a product that actually makes a difference.

Taser is run by it's founder CEO whose goal is to build and grow the business: this means that the company is willing to take risks to build entirely new businesses. Taser's mission statement is: Protect life. Protect Truth. To date, Taser has been the trailblazer of two life-saving technologies: stun guns and body-worn cameras for police officers.

Cons

the Seattle office is mostly an open office plan

"New kid on the block, feeling very welcome"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

This team is ready to welcome inbound employees with open arms and lots of support.
    The introduction and on-boarding has been great and I am thrilled with the reception they have given me!
    Coming from a very large organization, I was a little bit used to feeling invisible sometimes, but this is not that kind of shop. I feel confident I will be able to contribute and work closely with other teams to help deliver - and leverage all the internal knowledge I can to make me successful.
    Looking forward to a bright future here!

Cons

none that I can see yet

"I really enjoy working with such passionate people."

I have been working at TASER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is passionate about their job and providing great products to improve relationships between the police and the public. With the size of company we are, every employee has responsibility and makes a difference. Every day is exciting and new. Interacting with our customers (police officers), has given me a new perspective on their jobs. Also time-off is pretty lax which is awesome!

Cons

Every company has some issues, but Taser has been working to rectify theirs. Short people in certain positions which causes extra work for others (they are working on hiring good employees to fill these spots). Lower compensation than other tech companies for certain positions, but also cheaper living in AZ than CA.

9. "Taser Intl is a fast-paced, exciting company to work for."

I have been working at TASER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Value their customers above all else, incredible people to work with, time-off policy is fantastic

Cons

Work-life balance, fast-moving also means personell changes do happen

"Great Culture, Product, and Mission"

Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A simple way of putting this: employees were recently given a survey where they could give feedback anonymously. The results showed that most everyone in the company is very/extremely satisfied with the company overall. Very few people, if any, gave negative feedback. Remember, it was submitted anonymously. I can personally add that, after working for a handful of large profitable juggernauts, TASER is the best company culture I have encountered.
    The company seems to really care about its employees and the employees are typically passionate about what they're trying to accomplish; improving the safety of officers and the public.
    Getting into the company is not easy, there are a lot of candidates applying so stay patient - it's worth it.
    ***Take negative feedback on glassdoor with a grain of salt. They are typically written by disgruntled former employees that want the last word (or poorly written review). Happy current employees (like myself) rarely think to take time out of their day to write positive feedback.****

Cons

Not so much of a con, but a draw back if you're not used to it. The company is in a growth pattern so many things have to be figured out on the go. Departments have been and will continue to be shuffled into each other. Some positions may need created while others will need eliminated or redefined. It happens anywhere but this company is figuring out how to do it for the first time. They seem to be doing it well, but it's an art, not a science.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on employee development. The company will thrive with the best educated and motivated staff.

11. "Great work environment, extremely high tech, and very driven employees"

Current Intern - Intern in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Intern - Intern in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER as an intern

Pros

Everyone is very accessible in such an open work environment. Additionally, the HQ itself is one of the coolest looking places I've ever been.

Cons

They do a very thorough job with interviewing, etc to make sure that you are a good fit, which is good, since this you are surrounded by a lot of driven individuals.