TASER Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
TASER CEO and Founder Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is a place that great people have the opportunity to grow and make real contributions to the company (in 4 reviews)

• Everyone is passionate about their job and providing great products to improve relationships between the police and the public (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Dismal work life balance:- Taser tries to operate like a startup where reality is that it's not (in 9 reviews)

• 50% of glassdoor reviews are targeted employees requested to fill out reviews to help recruiting (in 2 reviews)

"Awesome Company!"

Pros

Awesome feeling to get to work for a great company that has a purpose and a valuable mission.

Cons

Reading bad glassdoor reviews. To current folks- not happy? Find somewhere else to be happy. Life's too short!

"Love my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it's a fantastic place to work
    awesome culture
    belief in a life-saving product
    innovative startup culture
    unlimited PTO

Cons

too much focus on flashy things rather than substance
    a small percentage of execs have a bad idea of work-life balance (they don't have families and they expect others to act the same)

Advice to Management

trust your employees more.

"In the midst of massive change"

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TASER is changing the technological landscape in public safety. What was once a company with a single flagship product is now a fast-growing, software-driven company with a platform of innovative technologies. There is no shortage of projects to work on, and the people you get to work on them with are top of the line.

Cons

The massive change in momentum has brought some turmoil, including the majority of the company having been around for <2 years. This feels more significant in a 20 year old company than it does in a startup, and the change of pace can be a bit much for some people.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the people, the product, and the mission.

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at TASER (More than a year)

Pros

Great career oppurtunities. Awesome encouragmnent

Cons

need better career path in mfg.

Advice to Management

Keep leading by example

5. "Inside Sales Rep"

Pros

Innovative technology driven company focused on growth

Cons

Fast pace and constant change

6. "Super Awesome"

Pros

This is the very best working experience one could imagine.

Cons

Would have to dig really long and hard to find anything negative to report. Simply said, there are no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Make a Difference in the World Around You: Work at TASER"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TASER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Working for a mission and company that allows you to make the world a better place is really energizing and impactful.

+ Great people. Seriously. Great people. There are so many awesome people here that it makes you feel fortunate to be a part of it.

+ Fantastic leadership team-approachable, open minded, committed, and empathetic

+ Some really fun and quirky benefits. $100 to use toward Health and Wellness related stuff? Sign me up! The flexibility of being able to expense a meal if I'm working long hours one day? Love it. Tuition reimbursement? Never to be scoffed at. TASER's benefits may need some work, but they're really moving in the right direction, and the team is making efforts to keep things going in that direction.

+ Opportunity. There aren't set career paths (right now), but there is ample opportunity to come in and make a name for yourself, and grow your career very quickly. Love it.

Cons

-Work Hard. But Play Hard. Yes, sometimes work life balance is hard here in a stage of hyper growth. But we play hard too. Lots of awesome activities like Smash Putt (mini golf), rafting trips, waffle trucks, executive dinners, and more.

-Fast Paced. Ambiguous. Depending on the type of work environment you enjoy this could be your cup of tea, but fair warning we're really like a start up.

Advice to Management

Keep leading by example. Keep listening to your people. Keep demonstrating the service leadership and passion that has made TASER what it is today.

"Full stack developer working on a cloud based system for managing digital evidence."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hierarchy is very flat which encourages communication, cooperation, and rapid development of ideas. My coworkers are smart and passionate. We're all excited to work on a product that actually makes a difference.

Taser is run by it's founder CEO whose goal is to build and grow the business: this means that the company is willing to take risks to build entirely new businesses. Taser's mission statement is: Protect life. Protect Truth. To date, Taser has been the trailblazer of two life-saving technologies: stun guns and body-worn cameras for police officers.

Cons

the Seattle office is mostly an open office plan

"New kid on the block, feeling very welcome"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

This team is ready to welcome inbound employees with open arms and lots of support.
    The introduction and on-boarding has been great and I am thrilled with the reception they have given me!
    Coming from a very large organization, I was a little bit used to feeling invisible sometimes, but this is not that kind of shop. I feel confident I will be able to contribute and work closely with other teams to help deliver - and leverage all the internal knowledge I can to make me successful.
    Looking forward to a bright future here!

Cons

none that I can see yet

"Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at TASER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simply stated, this is the best company I've ever worked for, and here are some reasons why:

-Massive growth potential both from a market perspective and personal career perspective
    -Transformative technology company going from a hardware company to a hardware + software company
    -Company that actually believes in what it's doing, and it's a good thing to do - Protect Life. Protect Truth.
    -Really fun people and culture

Cons

Too much hyper-growth and opportunity! But seriously, while not a a perfect company, I can't think of any structural cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the market opportunity and your people. Continue to keep the bar high for hiring.