TASER Reviews | Glassdoor

TASER Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"I really enjoy working with such passionate people."

I have been working at TASER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is passionate about their job and providing great products to improve relationships between the police and the public. With the size of company we are, every employee has responsibility and makes a difference. Every day is exciting and new. Interacting with our customers (police officers), has given me a new perspective on their jobs. Also time-off is pretty lax which is awesome!

Cons

Every company has some issues, but Taser has been working to rectify theirs. Short people in certain positions which causes extra work for others (they are working on hiring good employees to fill these spots). Lower compensation than other tech companies for certain positions, but also cheaper living in AZ than CA.

2. "Happiness"

Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at TASER full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Culture, people are fantastic to work with. CEO, CFO and executives really care for the employees, whether or they work in the factory, admin, sales and support. CEO does genuinely care for his employees work/life balance.

Cons

Health Benefits are are little high compared to other companies I've worked for.

Advice to Management

Keep your hand on the pulse of the remote workforce.

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at TASER (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great management and culture. salary decent

Cons

I do not have any complaints right now

4. "Taser Intl is a fast-paced, exciting company to work for."

I have been working at TASER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Value their customers above all else, incredible people to work with, time-off policy is fantastic

Cons

Work-life balance, fast-moving also means personell changes do happen

"Great Culture, Product, and Mission"

Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A simple way of putting this: employees were recently given a survey where they could give feedback anonymously. The results showed that most everyone in the company is very/extremely satisfied with the company overall. Very few people, if any, gave negative feedback. Remember, it was submitted anonymously. I can personally add that, after working for a handful of large profitable juggernauts, TASER is the best company culture I have encountered.
    The company seems to really care about its employees and the employees are typically passionate about what they're trying to accomplish; improving the safety of officers and the public.
    Getting into the company is not easy, there are a lot of candidates applying so stay patient - it's worth it.
    ***Take negative feedback on glassdoor with a grain of salt. They are typically written by disgruntled former employees that want the last word (or poorly written review). Happy current employees (like myself) rarely think to take time out of their day to write positive feedback.****

Cons

Not so much of a con, but a draw back if you're not used to it. The company is in a growth pattern so many things have to be figured out on the go. Departments have been and will continue to be shuffled into each other. Some positions may need created while others will need eliminated or redefined. It happens anywhere but this company is figuring out how to do it for the first time. They seem to be doing it well, but it's an art, not a science.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on employee development. The company will thrive with the best educated and motivated staff.

6. "Great work environment, extremely high tech, and very driven employees"

Current Intern - Intern in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Intern - Intern in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER as an intern

Pros

Everyone is very accessible in such an open work environment. Additionally, the HQ itself is one of the coolest looking places I've ever been.

Cons

They do a very thorough job with interviewing, etc to make sure that you are a good fit, which is good, since this you are surrounded by a lot of driven individuals.

"Great experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TASER full-time

Pros

- Everyone at TASER is passionate about their work, friendly, and talented.
    - Work-life balance is pretty good, though largely left up to the employee to maintain. As long as you are getting your stuff done, everyone is happy.
    - Company honestly makes an effort to do good in the world, despite the semi-frequent negative claims in the press.

Cons

- Company is experiencing some growing pains with the expansion into the software world, causing some strange tensions between departments.

8. "Developing Leaders"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Everyone is more than willing to teach new employees
    -Valued as an employee
    -Growth opportunities are phenomenal!

Cons

I cannot really find anything negative about working here.

Advice to Management

Give a little bit more specific feedback on work.

9. "Two day shoot."

Current Contractor - Video Production in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Contractor - Video Production in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TASER as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone I worked with was friendly and professional. I wouldn't hesitate to work with them again.

Cons

As it was only a two day project, I didn't see any cons.

"TASER - One Great Roller Coaster Ride"

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Exciting - If you want to be part of changing the world, welcome to TASER

Fun - If you want excitement, energy, and being in the action

Stressful - Good stress - not bad stress. If it was easy then anyone could work here

Titles Not Important - The job is key - not the title. If you can kick some tail go kick some tail. If not, this isn't for you. You get to do whatever you need to do to get the job done for the most part.

You work for cops. These are frankly the toughest customers in the world but at TASER we've won their trust and we're trusted advisers here for them. It's on going so you don't get to rest on your laurels. But isn't what a job is supposed to require.

Change is good here. We like that.

Techie - it's all about using technology here to its maximum potential. We dream big here.

We use Good to Great principles here for the most part.

Great culture to work hard, play hard, and to do whatever it takes to get the job done

Cons

Little time for continuing education.

Stressful - I said it was good stress. It is. But It can be tough on some of the employees if they are steeled in this environment. When we face controversy now it makes us release that we do have a tough job here but it also re-energizes most of the staff.

Change is tough here. I just said it was good, but it's still tough now and then. But if we don't change, adapt and overcome, well... we'd be like dinosaurs so in the end that can be a con to some but for most we dig it.

Advice to Management

Get some continuing education programs.

Sabbaticals, anyone?

Reward the superstars as well as the steady Eddie rock stars who work like madmen for the sense of pride, the customer and the loyalty of the company.

We use the VOC here so make sure you stay in touch with the VOE (employee) a little more.

We need more opportunities to make sure we know who all of us employees are since there has been a lot of growth.