TAXI Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mr. Paul Lavoie

"Only thing that keeps me there for now is the people."

Current Employee - N/A in West Covina, CA
    Current Employee - N/A in West Covina, CA

I have been working at TAXI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, extra long holiday weekends, fun staff parties. No hand holding.

Cons

Hard work and company loyalty doesn't seem to mean anything, it's quite sad, thought this agency was different that way.

Advice to Management

Look at having an HR rep on the ground in the west to get a better sense of how happy your employees truly are

2. "Junior Art Director"

Pros

Fun, collaborative, cool and talented atmosphere

Cons

Junior projects are normally not that exciting.

3. "Interesting"

I worked at TAXI full-time

Pros

Pascal De Decker, incredible boss, one of the best GMs in the business. Truly kind and competent and aware of employees.
    Nancy, the receptionist, is amazing. A perk in itself. Overall company vibe is relaxed and fun.

Cons

Disorganized merger that led to a lot of conflict.

4. "Great experience during my time there"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at TAXI (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked on one of the largest accounts during my time at TAXI. Did some amazing conceptual work, worked with some talented people and pulled off some fun campaigns.

Cons

Senior execs who made TAXI need to be more involved, need to manage their finances better and diversify their clients so they aren't relying on just one or 2 big ones.

Advice to Management

Be more involved as you made TAXI what it was back then

5. "Will miss working here"

Pros

Great culture, lots of room to grow and learn, exciting projects, great future outlook. I would work there again!

Cons

Nothing of note. Great crew to work with, all genuinely smart, passionate people.

6. "Worst agency ever"

Former Employee - Account Director in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Account Director in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

Great colleagues, hard workers, well managed HR, very professional secretary

Cons

Undervalued, underpaid, slave labor, non compensated overtime, underlying battles between creative and implementation, horrible compensation plans, ever changing staff due to mismanagement

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Compensate those who are deserving. In general, just get on the same page and figure out how to manage.

TAXI Response

Mar 3, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. We take pride in providing both a great employee experience and competitive compensation so are saddened to hear your impressions. (Most people leaving ... More

"Hell"

Former Employee - Copywriter in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Copywriter in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at TAXI full-time

Pros

There was nothing remotely positive about working at TAXI Canada during my short duration. Unless you count the endless coffee and drinks on tap.

Cons

I had a very brief stint at TAXI West/Vancouver during a transitionary period for the agency. They'd lost their biggest client and I'd come on to work on a telecom brand that'd just won. Upper management was also going through a bit of a switch up.

Overall, I'd have to describe my experience as going to hell and back. For a small shop with 30-40 people, there's tons of politics. About 1/3 of the staff either left or never had their contracts renewed during my time. Besides a few long-timers who are in very senior roles, you see fresh faces all the time. Departments never worked together to produce the best work, it was a constant battle and it was hard to know who ran the show sometimes. Clients were a headache to work on. There was like a board of directors when it came to getting approvals, which meant more than the average number of revisions that ads ended up looking like a jigsaw of different likes.

If you're fairly junior to a middle weight, expect to work long hours and come in on weekends while the VP's leave at 4:30 to pick up their kids. Unfortunately, the shop has the if you're a young blood, you gotta pay your dues mentality. While you make peanuts in a city where young people can't afford the cost of rent.

Understaffed, the shop is a sinking ship and I'd suggest anyone to stay away.

Advice to Management

Ease up a bit, advertising isn't life or death. Employees are the life and blood of a company, so give them more of a work/life balance. Get everyone from accounts to creative on board with one direction. You're fighting an internal battle even before dealing with the clients.

TAXI Response

Jul 28, 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you very much for sharing this. In all honesty we are really shocked to see this feedback - as providing a great employee experience is something we work very strongly to achieve. In general ... More

"good people working hard"

Pros

Typical fun advertising agency with really great people. Great office environment, everyone works hard and has a great time together.

Cons

Very high staff turnover. Limited career progression, as all of the top jobs are taken. No mentorship for junior staff. Conservative accounts.

Advice to Management

Please mentor junior staff and hold more regular reviews of their performance and salaries, then you might keep a few more of them for longer.

9. "copywriter"

Pros

great culture, had fun with the coworkers.

Cons

Same cons that the industry of advertising

"Designer"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at TAXI (Less than a year)

Pros

They definitely treat their employees very well, with benefits and perks. Their workplace is casual and inviting, and the people are friendly and supportive.

Cons

Too much process and protocol drag down the creativity. Not enough opportunities to explore other media means you are pigeon-holed into a role. Very corporately structured, so it's not for everyone.