77% would recommend to a friend
(258 total reviews)
87% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great enviroment and people to work with." (in 45 reviews)
- "office Is cool and the culture is cool." (in 14 reviews)
- "Great building filled with lots of smart and motivated individuals." (in 6 reviews)
- "Great office, great leadership in place and lots of opportunity." (in 5 reviews)
- "Plenty of talented people work here" (in 4 reviews)
- "Long hours that extend into the weekends" (in 25 reviews)
- "There is no work/life balance." (in 20 reviews)
- "Dishonest and disorganized management." (in 14 reviews)
- "Low pay by industry standards and stingy with promotions" (in 11 reviews)
- "The painfully long hours are due to constant panic, resulting in poor communication / poor planning and leaving the talented folks to create the deliverables at undesirable hours of the night." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of TBWA\Chiat\Day and is not affected by filters.
Found 258 of over 314 reviews
Updated Nov 17, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Oct 19, 2023Executive Strategy DirectorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Smart people dedicated to their craft.
Eagerness to succeed can mean some people felt stretched.
- 4.0Jul 26, 2023Senior Business ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
The people at Chiat are what made working here so amazing
Do not work remote for Chiat if given the opportunity. Chiat gave an ultimatum to all remote employees this year to move back to NYC or be let go. Since most of us had been approved to move to different states in the years prior, this made it difficult for most to return. It seemed like a way to lay off a large group of people without the bad press of layoffs since there were no issues operationally with these people being remote.1
- 3.0Sep 19, 2023Associate DirectorFormer EmployeeLos Angeles Subdivision
diverse environment, great atmosphere, outstanding clients
siloed departments, hard to navigate politics1
- 5.0Aug 13, 2023Business ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Great company culture and extremely friendly teams
Lack of turnover or people leaving and higher level roles opening, however this can also be seen as a good thing
- 2.0Jun 8, 2023Art DirectorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
Great leaders, exciting potential to work with big names and juniors ideas are heard as equal to more senior partnerships.
You will be extremely overworked and dismissed when you try to bring that forward as a concern. Client needs come first at the cost of employee mental health.1
- 2.0May 5, 2023Associate DirectorFormer EmployeeNew York, NY
The work at TBWA is great, everyone in the working teams has passion for what they do and it’s clear they they want to put out quality work.
The executive leadership team is way too focused on the bottom line, the promotion process takes 8+ months just to get an answer. Really demoralizes the team and drives away talented people.1
TBWA\Chiat\Day Reviews FAQs
TBWA\Chiat\Day has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 314 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at TBWA\Chiat\Day to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
77% of TBWA\Chiat\Day employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated TBWA\Chiat\Day 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.