TCC Verizon Authorized Retailer Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

4.4
TCC Verizon Authorized Retailer CEO   Scott Moorehead
Scott Moorehead
Pros
  • "TCC loves to give back to local communities(in 66 reviews)

• "Culture of Good program allows you to focus on your non profit passion while giving back to the community(in 53 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Communication from upper management doesn't always come down to front line efficiently(in 80 reviews)

• "I don’t have any cons about TCC(in 54 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of TCC Verizon Authorized Retailer and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

TCC is a communication-centered, team-oriented work environment that exudes positive energy.

Aug 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Salem, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working for TCC because I am driven to succeed. Throughout the company there is this passion in each position. As a company TCC strives for a positive customer experience, positive employees, and to leave a positive impact on the communities around each store. There is constant encouragement to better yourself as an employee and as a member of your community. I am impressed with the teamwork and willingness to lend co-workers a helping hand. I wayched the company function and move through/over obstacles (COVID-19, for example)like a well oiled machine.

Cons

Challenges within TCC are few and far between. Any issues that arise are taken head-on and worked through diligently and fairly.

2 people found this review helpful

TCC Verizon Authorized Retailer Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review about your experiences at TCC. Feedback like this is so important to us and helps us assess what's working within our organization. Keep up the great work in Ohio!

2. 5.0

Great place to work

May 3, 2021 - Tech Advisor in Saint Joseph, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, culture, benefits, upward mobility

Cons

Retail hours so you work nights and weekends

Copywriter

We love to hear our employees' favorite things about TCC! Thank you for loving and recommending your job. We appreciate all that you have done and will continue to do, thank you for sharing your experience with us!

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good company, terrible district

May 5, 2021 - Sales Representative in Kingston, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company introduced pay transparency and uncapped commissions. You get to see how and why someone in New York made 500 dollars in one day. The commission structure was also very easy to understand and work with.

Cons

My district was terrible. You would get out of training class where they actually teach you how to sell with integrity and your district manager would tell you to shadow people that are selling like car auctioneers. I also live in NEPA where everyone is pretty bad at their job so if you're reading this I would just try the position out for yourself. It's awesome when lower management isn't a person who's been defending a position her whole life.

Copywriter

Thanks for taking the time to leave this detailed review! We truly appreciate reviews from former employees to see what is going well and what needs to improve. We are very disappointed to see that your manager would go directly against our values and training. If you’d like to share more information with us offline about this so we can look into it further, please call us at 844-822-7625.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Sell your soul, make money

Mar 24, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay scale, it’s easy to make money Two days off a week

Cons

TCC forces you to sell fake products in other to make goals. You are expected to sell things like water damage subscriptions and insurance 100% of the time If you don’t sell these products to every customer you are considered failing and will be singled out around your peers, and made to constantly fill out remidial forms while getting little support on actually improving numbers or acknowledgement of the overly lofty goals. TCC expects us to pressure our customers into spending extra money or feel uncomfortable and Unwelcomed in the work place, even when you are a successful salesman with consistent sales and customers. You will be constantly expected to answer calls, texts, and emails as well as attend meeting outside of business hours without additional compensation.

2 people found this review helpful

Copywriter

This is a very concerning review. We never want our employees to feel like they are being forced to lie to customers as it goes directly against our values and training. We want to get to the bottom of why this is happening and address this with your location; please contact us at 844-822-7625.

5. 1.0

TCC Verizon

Feb 27, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Albuquerque, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s amazing to have such an open day at work being able to converse amongst people and to mostly help. It’s also a benefit working with phones and email having to constantly be in the loop is awesome and keeps everyone up to date that takes it seriously. Hours are long but easy we don’t have to break our backs to sell a phone.

Cons

Manager is never at both sites all the time, regular employees take advantage of the openness when the manager isn’t here to not do calls or to sit in the back room till a customer walks up. Manager isn’t always punctual so the employees aren’t always either. Once employees finish two weeks of training manager is under the presumption that the employee is fully trained and is not. Employees get handed out managers tasks because manager doesn’t always come to both stores, employees don’t get manager pay shouldn’t have to do manager tasks.

Copywriter

We appreciate you sharing your experience but would like to connect offline about your concerns. If you would like to express more about your concerns at this location, please call us at 844-822-7625. Thank you for keeping us informed.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Family Feel, Good compensation, Fun atmosphere

Feb 18, 2021 - District Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tcc offers a great compensation and bonus structure along with many incentives and contests to win cash and prizes. Company keeps all employees down to the sales reps up to date on status of company and initiatives. I have been blessed with positive and empowering leadership, I'd like to think all RDs with TCC are this way. Scott just launched a huge profit sharing incentive which will equate to a good bonus each year to every employee right in time for the holidays.

Cons

There is an immense amount of pressure to hit sales quota which for a natural or effectively trained sales associate will not be an issue. You must possess and extreme amount of adaptability in this field in general. Things are ever changing and you have to be quick on your feet to keep up. You must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.

Copywriter

Wow, thank you for your commitment to TCC for so long! We love to hear some of the things you think the company and your location are doing right. Thank you for sharing your feedback - it is so important for us to hear from employees like you!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's a Family

Mar 24, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

You are welcomed walking in the door by just about everyone including the CEO. The open communication about where the business stands, upcoming projects, constant shout-outs from peers it makes work seem less "corporate".

Cons

If I had to dig for one downside it would be that TCC is so fast-paced and changing regularly. I personally do not see it as a downside per say due to having to change to stay at the forefront of technology within operating systems. The true downside is learning new systems regularly, but again it makes the business better.

8. 5.0

Talent can rise quickly

Apr 27, 2021 - District Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is uncapped and those that want to earn big money can.

Cons

It hard to unplug because of the earning potential.

Copywriter

It is great to hear that you recommend TCC and have enjoyed your job for over 3 years. We appreciate all your hard work as a district manager and hope that you continue to enjoy every day with TCC.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Would recommend applying elsewhere.

Apr 22, 2021 - Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back environment and very little stress, that was about it for pros though.

Cons

Company is basically run by a bunch of frat bros. The Culture of Good is nonsensical business jargen like "corporate synergy." Company constantly talks about how much good we do for the communities and how much we give back. TCC Gives is basically nothing more than a tax write off scam. Had a few members of upper management and TCC corporate admit this to me after we held the most ridiculously cheap Veterans Day "charity event" ever seen. They just do the cheapest possible charity events that require the least amount of effort and just write them off afterwards. Company likes to lie about promotions, even if you do manage to get out of a store, it's not worth it. Everyone who has been promoted out of a store that lasted more than 3 months will tell you to stay in store. My first manager got promoted out of store into a temporary training position at corporate. She was never told that it was a temporary position, and 4 months later she was laid off and not given the option to return to a store. Another stores manager was lied to about a position as well, he was an expert at business accounts and was the entire company's top performer every month when it came to them. He was promoted to lead a new regional business account team. Less than 2 months after getting into the position, he was replaced by a man that was literally college friends with Scott Moorehead. That manager was the reason that position existed in the first place, and TCC simply gave someone else his job with no warning. He wasn't given the option to return to a store either. Company has an issue with not paying their employees as well, I was just recently in a class action lawsuit against TCC for unpaid wages, with the result ending in our favor. Management changes constantly. In the 4 years I worked there, we went through 3 district managers, 2 regional managers, 3 CEOs, and more store managers than I could count. Despite this, nothing ever really seemed to change in the company because Scott Moorehead and his board try and stop everything they don't like.

10. 5.0

Best employer ever

Feb 18, 2021 - Technology Advisor in Madison, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the pros of working for TCC, is the fact the position is very fast paced and you literally decide your paycheck. TCC always does constant games and bonuses in order to win extra money or an actual item. This past year TCC gave away a Tesla. Not many companies do that. The more you sell, the more you make so the choice is yours. If you hit certain categories and levers, you will get a bonus.

Cons

Sales environment, and the schedule may not be consistent as you may open one day and close the next. Very small con, the pros definitely outweigh the negative.

Copywriter

Glad to hear that you enjoy the company giveaways and the nature of your job! Love that you have supportive management and IT department. Thanks for all you do in Madison, IN!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,180 Reviews