TCD Consulting Reviews

Updated Dec 1, 2019

3.6
TCD Consulting President Steven Littlefield (no image)
Steven Littlefield

"Awesome Job, Awesome Boss!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at TCD Consulting full-time

Pros

Energetic environment, hands-on training, great management. The owner Steve is a great guy, very motivating and inspiring.

Cons

In-store sales (have to sell out of Walmart)

2. "Don't work here"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at TCD Consulting full-time

Pros

It's WONDERFUL if you are a recent college-graduate, desperate for any job, and very gullible. :D

Cons

What they don't tell people here is that you'll just be selling cable at Walmart. Who buys cable in 2019? Netflix and online streaming is where it's at. And for all your time and effort, you're only going to be paid minimum wage or commission. I noped right out of there. It's misleading to tell people they're going to be account managers or consultants when really, you're just a cable salesperson. You're better off going to look for hourly or salaried employment at a reputable company than working here. You're making a very big mistake if you go and work here. You're going to starve to death. I'm actually laughing at how they try to sell people to work there. Laughing.

Continue reading

"Good place to work at!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at TCD Consulting full-time

Pros

I feel like a lot of people criticize TCD saying they had bad experiences there. But I can gaurantee you that it's because those people didn't put in as much work as they should have. Yes, the CEO can be intense from time to time but that's just his strong work ethic coming off the wrong way. If you chill with him outside of work, he's a cool dude. I was only working there for a couple months but I can say I learned some critical skills. I learned to take control, work ethic, communication skills, and the fact that the result depends on how much work you're willing to put in. TCD is a cool place to work at. It's got high energy and people are nice too. I was able to nail a couple important interviews with other companies by sharing stories that I had at TCD. If you're driven, diligent individual, I recommend working at here.

Cons

You have to drive your own car to the field.

4. "A sales job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at TCD Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun people. Easy work if you know how to sell.

Cons

Company set up and structure. Start up feel, with professional requirements. The energy is confusing and not worth sticking around for.

March 13, 2019President

I can tell this response is not real from the last statement on this review. Our standards and expectations are literally in black and white and each employee signs them on their Orientation day. I do hope that one day this website gets it together so that only true ex-employees can post a review.

"LOVE what I do all day, everyday"

Current Employee - Junior Brand Ambassador in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TCD Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Is it weird to say LOVE when it comes to what you do? I never understood when people used to tell me they loved what they did because I had never loved working, until now. LOVE the people, LOVE the opportunity, LOVE the growth.

Cons

I have nothing to say yet they want me to have 5 plus words in this box. . .I LOVE what I do.

Continue reading

"I INTERVIEWED THERE BUT..."

Former Employee - Interviewed

I worked at TCD Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you like to sell, this is probably the place for you.

Cons

From what I've read and encountered from the president's comments on these reviews as well as my interview, they are very childish and rude. It seems as though he cannot handle negative comments from former, current, or interviewed employees in a professional manner. Therefore, If you are looking for a professional company, you should look to a company whose management behaves as such.

October 24, 2018President

I once read "if you have haters, you must be doing something right." So thank you for letting me know I am on the right track. :) Btw, you do not have to like my sense of humor, I am okay with it. In all seriousness though, IF this is a real review and you actually came into my office the date of your post, I was on a business trip so it would be nice to not have you make false statements about me when I was not even here. I will leave you with a quote from the great Winston Churchill "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

"Assistant Marketing and Sales Management"

in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TCD Consulting for less than a year

Pros

This job is great if you are fresh out of high school and don't want to wait tables or get into retail. It can give you the "job title" you might need for your next job.

Cons

They were not very forthcoming about anything. When it came time to tell me about what they actually do he said everything with confidence except for, "we go out to stores and tell people about our product (cable tv)." I had to ask him again what he said. The whole thing just seemed sketchy to me.

August 23, 2018President

I look forward to the day that someone who interviews with a company doesn’t post as if they are a “current” employee. We do have a privacy clause with our client which only allows me to disclose certain things to a potential candidate, but representing a client as large as ours is not sketchy and most people would love to represent them being that they are a fortune 100 company. If you feel something is unclear, I am happy to answer any/all questions. . .just call the office and ask for me.

8. "Face to face sales"

I worked at TCD Consulting

Pros

If you like sales go for it

Cons

If you are looking for corporate work not a good place to start

July 8, 2018President

I wish that Glassdoor would actually vet people who claim to be "former employees." On a side note: not exactly sure why the fact that we DO do sales (not the big picture goal, but yes, where everyone starts out) is an issue for anyone or a reason for someone to rate us with one star? If you look on social media you will find that most ridiculously successful people actually do or have done sales as well (Gary V, Mark Cuban, Grant Cardone to name a few). I even tell people if we aren't what you are looking for, no harm/no foul. . .that is the whole point of the interview process. So if you are a real person, I find it strange that you would take a position that you didn't want in the first place, but lets be real, we all know this is not a real review. So to that end, it would be nice if our competition would stop posting fake reviews on my company. I encourage any one looking to gain skills that are learned through sales to check out our website at www.tcd-inc.com to find a list of transferable skills they will learn. While sales may not be one’s driving force in life, it is the driving force behind business, politics, non-profit organizations, education, and nearly every other sector on the globe. Whether selling a product, an idea, one’s self, or a vision, sales skills and the ability to influence others are some of the most powerful and necessary tools in leadership. By learning how to sell, you will learn how to influence. By learning how to influence, you will learn how to lead. Learn how to lead, and the world is at your fingertips. Our Direct Sales Development focuses on the following: Effective communication skills with consumers in a retail setting, Consultative sales training, Making effective business presentations, Body Language and Tonality Training, Intro to the Art of Persuasion, Handling and overturning objections, AVATAR Sales Training Program, Familiarization with current retail business climate, Thorough understanding of wide range of industries, Learn industry specific demands. "Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience."

"No experience, No problem!"

Current Employee - Senior Brand Ambassador in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TCD Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

I don't have experience in sales, although I have learned this is the best field to be in. I have learned so many new skill sets such as sales management, new customer acquisition, interviewing, training, public speaking, and team building. The skills that I have learned here have pushed me to get out of my comfort zone and am really thankful to have learned so much, I have a great work ethic and because of this I have excelled in this role.

Cons

This is a performance based business - If you do not like to work hard and give your best, you are likely to have difficulty hitting standards

"Sales"

2.0

I worked at TCD Consulting part-time

Pros

It's a job. You can make money.

Cons

Everything from the beginning was sketchy. All their talk about culture isn't real; their employee turn around is crazy. The actual job is selling direct tv in Walmart. They take as long as possible getting to tell you that.

July 8, 2018President

I wish that Glassdoor would actually vet people who claim to be "former employees." I am sure whoever posted this review will change what it says, but currently the review says "I worked at TCD Consulting part time" so as usual we know that it is fake as we don't do "part time" work. On a side note: not exactly sure why the fact that we DO do sales (not the big picture goal, but yes, where everyone starts out) is an issue for anyone or a reason for someone to rate us with one star? If you look on social media you will find that most ridiculously successful people actually do or have done sales as well (Gary V, Mark Cuban, Grant Cardone to name a few). I even tell people if we aren't what you are looking for, no harm/no foul. . .that is the whole point of the interview process. So if you are a real person, I find it strange that you would take a position that you didn't want in the first place, but lets be real, we all know this is not a real review. So to that end, it would be nice if our competition would stop posting fake reviews on my company. I encourage any one looking to gain skills that are learned through sales to check out our website at www.tcd-inc.com to find a list of transferable skills they will learn. While sales may not be one’s driving force in life, it is the driving force behind business, politics, non-profit organizations, education, and nearly every other sector on the globe. Whether selling a product, an idea, one’s self, or a vision, sales skills and the ability to influence others are some of the most powerful and necessary tools in leadership. By learning how to sell, you will learn how to influence. By learning how to influence, you will learn how to lead. Learn how to lead, and the world is at your fingertips. Our Direct Sales Development focuses on the following: Effective communication skills with consumers in a retail setting, Consultative sales training, Making effective business presentations, Body Language and Tonality Training, Intro to the Art of Persuasion, Handling and overturning objections, AVATAR Sales Training Program, Familiarization with current retail business climate, Thorough understanding of wide range of industries, Learn industry specific demands. "Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience."

Found 37 reviews