TCF Reviews in Aurora, IL | Glassdoor

3.5
TCF Chief Executive Officer Craig Dahl
Craig Dahl

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people to work with, flexible hours, good work environment (in 36 reviews)

• Flexible schedule and offered comprehensive training upon being hired (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals are a bit ridiculous at times (in 43 reviews)

• Pressure from upper management to continuously do more than possible (in 33 reviews)

1. "I learned a great deal while working at TCF Bank."

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Teller II in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Teller II in Aurora, IL

I worked at TCF part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You learn a lot. You learn how to sell different products and services to existing and potential clients, you learn how to speak politely and professionally with your colleagues as well as clients, you learn how the banking system works and you learn to manage your time and keep up to date with policy changes, etc...

Cons

Sometimes you are micro-managed which can become annoying and disrupt you from doing what you do best without someone looking over your shoulder all the time. I think that they should receive some extra PTO.

Advice to Management

Please do not come and give surprise visits, that only scares employees and lower management and they are constantly thinking about if you are going to show up or not and they don't focus on accomplishing their goals. Of course, you can have sales goals and deadlines and give warnings if they are not met but do not threaten their jobs because this will make them feel insecure and not perform to the best of their ability.

2. "I could summarize my experience at TCF as long, retail hours, high-pressure sales, and massive turnover."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

I worked at TCF full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of change. Just when you start getting to know a manager, they get transferred to another branch or they leave the company. I mean like every 2 or 3 months. There is a lot of staff turnover, but it gives you a chance to help train new sales associates. The constant change also opens up a lot of opportunity, so I look at this as a pro.

Cons

Sales goals are paramount. If the store is empty and there are no customers, there is still no excuse for not getting sales on your shift, and there are consequences for not meeting daily goals, even when you are just coming off a very successful month or quarter.

3. "It is a good bank to start in the banking industry. You get a lot of experience with the many challenges of everyday."

Former Employee - Teller Sales Associate in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Teller Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

Pros

The locations I worked at were open from 8 to 8 so there were lots of opportunities for a flexible schedule. The dress code was not too strict as long as you wore a blazer or dress sweater.

Cons

Sales goals were pretty strict and the incentives were not enough to mach these goals.

Advice to Management

More contests for extra incentives. For example movie tickets, gift cards, paid time off and such.