TCG, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Daniel A. Turner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Even though TCG is a small company, but for sure they care about it's core values and employees. The company strongly supports not working more than 40 hrs/week to keep a balance between work and life.

Cons

I really cannot think of any!

2. "Terrific company, otherwise I wouldn't have stayed 10 years!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at TCG, Inc. part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

TCG has been flexible, moving me as I needed from PT, to FT, to PT. TCG has been flexible when folks wish to move around, whether to enhance their skill sets, got bored, or other reasons and wanted a change from time to time. Some teams are FT on site-, some 100% telecommute; some PT 100% telecommute so there's something for everyone. Everyone is really focused on making government meet their goals, there is 100% collaboration between and among teams, and a flat hierarchy. Benefits are amazing, and the management and staff are just fun, responsible, smart, and interesting. You might earn a few dollars more elsewhere, but I'm not sure about the fun factor ;) This is a quality of life company.

Cons

There is a set number of states you can work from as an employee.

3. "Best company I've worked for"

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TCG is really great. It's a unique, smart, and fun group of people. Management is serious about fostering employee happiness.

The company offers a ton of benefits and perks. Relatively standard ones include good healthcare options, a nice annual training budget / other opportunities for professional development, and transportation benefits including reimbursement for bicycle maintenance if you are a bike commuter or new shoes if you walk to work.

More unusual benefits include a monthly budget for group extracurricular activities that employees can suggest and plan themselves, periodically receiving unexpected gifts in the mail, and a company sponsored bowling league.

The teleworking policy is extremely flexible provided you're meeting the client's needs. This is a huge benefit for me.

Most importantly, it's a community of serious professionals who I continue to learn from but who are also fun to hang out with. I'm not planning to leave anytime soon.

Cons

Nothing significant. I've heard there may be limits on which US states an employee can reside in, which could be an issue if an employee living in the DC region wanted to move away. But I'm sure the company would work to find a solution if at all possible.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

4. "Program Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Fairmont, WV
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Fairmont, WV

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredibly intelligent executive leadership who also take the time to develop strong relationships with individuals throughout the organization. They place an emphasis on being active in the community, and create avenues for employees to get involved in charitable efforts. I have never been happier professionally than I am with TCG.

Cons

There is nothing I would change about TCG's aim - they hit the mark completely.

5. "Great first job!"

Current Employee - IT Project Coordinator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - IT Project Coordinator in Washington, DC

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The individuals I have had the pleasure to work with have always been helpful and intelligent. I have never had a poor interaction
    - The company clearly cares about their employees, evident through benefits, work-life balance, and helpful career reviews and guidance
    - The work is interesting and the company keeps growing which opens up more and more opportunities

Cons

Really none! I could not ask for a better first job.

Advice to Management

Keep staying #positively-distinct

6. "TCG is a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- great work/life balance
    - the company genuinely cares about their employees are always doing/looking for things to make everything a little bit better.
    - they hire great people, so most of my co-workers are great to work with and are all good at their jobs.

Cons

nothing really comes to mind

7. "A Great First Year at TCG"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They welcome feedback on everything from perks to current project assignment.
    They trust you to work from home and get the job done.
    Perks, Perks, and more Perks!

Cons

Moving positions between projects can take some time

8. "Great company"

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time

Pros

Number one thing that’s makes TCG great is the work/life balance and flexibility whenever possible. There are also wonderful core values that are actually recognized within the company. The perks are fun too!

Cons

Even though it is a wonderful company, there is still a lot of room for improvement. The executive team has been in place for a long time and they seem to be very closed off to new ways of doing things.

They are also strange about time. They will offer short internal training on a topic, but if you want to participate your must use pto or unpaid leave. It just seems odd for a company that is so focused on employee happiness and development.
    Also, the vacation time is only about average for the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great benefits and perks!

9. "Smart people, Meaningful work, Good company"

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Marx suggested that any work done for an employer is exploitative – and as I generally agree with that premise, I believe it is the highest praise that I can give to say that I do not feel “exploited” working for TCG – largely because I believe in the CEO and his sincerity. He is a transparent and intelligent individual, and unlike most CEOs, I do not believe his goal in life is to amass a Scrooge McDuck-esque swimming pool full of gold but to actually help improve the world in meaningful ways. It may not seem like much, but given that many people are desperate to even find work, it must be recognized that to be able to pick to work at a company that respects you and has an actual mission (that doesn’t feel like some made up screed to court millennial employees) is a truly privileged position.

Cons

It’s government work. For technology, that doesn’t always correlate to the sexiest projects. You will not be made into a code “ninja”, or a “hacker”, or a “rockstar”. If you want to stay current on the “bleeding-edge” you will likely need to put in the extra effort on your own part.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Foster employee growth by offering more training, seminars, etc. and find a way to make them more accessible. Don’t be afraid to challenge folks for fear of making them uncomfortable.

10. "Great, fun place to work with good people"

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is great from the top to bottom. Great perks, great benefits and very talented people to work with a company that takes care of its people.

Cons

Not much actually, not because i am a current employee, but honestly, great place to work.

Advice to Management

I wish we did have a product that we own, rather then just being a contracting firm that provide services.