TCG, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Daniel A. Turner

"Career Review"

Pros

It's a career review, not a performance review. It's focused on the individual.

Cons

Only client is the federal government.

Feb 9, 2017 – Marketing & Communications Specialist

Your success is important to TCG. We want to make sure you’re supported and are given opportunities to reach your goals.

2. "Excellent small company in the DC contracting world"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A work/life balance is a priority to TCG, and they put their money where their mouth is by allowing flexible schedules, and by making it ridiculously easy, practically desiring you, to work remotely.

Employees are not kept in the dark when it comes to the company's health. The quarterly meetings kind of have a "family reunion" feel to them, which makes it easier to bring up questions, and share concerns, which is always part of the agenda anyway.

The company is growing, and even when there are funding setbacks, TCG works hard to make sure you are covered with funding, considering the difficulties in the budgeting process that its #1 client (Fed Gov) seems to have.

I do not participate in the health benefits, so I cannot speak to its quality, but the retirement and life benefits are more than adequate, with a life insurance payout (that I hope never to use) that is extremely generous, compared to previous employers of mine, and most others today.

Cons

No real downsides to working here, only that I wish I could work remotely from another country as a permanent situation! But it's understandable why that is not the case.

Advice to Management

Stop getting so much recognition as a great place to work, or winning awards; you might get a big head. :)

Feb 9, 2017 – Marketing & Communications Specialist

Thanks for the feedback. I guess we’ll just have to sacrifice our normal head size if it means keeping everyone happy. ;)

"Wired, Weird and Wonderful"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never felt more supported, free to be me and able to get stuff done.

Cons

Right now the firm is small, so if your current gig goes away it can take a little longer to find a new one you really like. That said, management will work with you and placement seems to be way less political than in the big firms I've worked in.

Advice to Management

The weird you have going on is good weird. Try to keep that as you grow!

Nov 14, 2016 – Marketing & Communications Specialist

Weird...positively distinct.... Either way, we're glad you're happy at TCG!

5. "What a wonderful place to call a second home"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

1) Work Life Balance - Managers are increasingly aware of the importance of promoting a healthy work-life balance for employees, which increases job satisfaction.

2) Multiple opportunities - At least one is sure to fit your career goals, needs, and wants.

3) Great leadership - They believe in you and are actionable in ensuring you have what you need to be successful.

4) Excellent salary and benefits - Salary is comparable to your skills and education. Multiple benefits, to include medical, dental, 401(k), and more.

Cons

None that I can think of and I've been with the company for almost 10 years.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Nov 7, 2016 – Marketing & Communications Specialist

Aww! We’re glad you’ve made TCG your second home these past 10 years!

"Amazing company!"

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TCG truly values each and every employee. The leadership does an incredible job at educating new employees on the core values of the company.

There are so many great benefits at TCG. The company is very flexible and supportive of a work-life balance for all employees. They are always thinking of new perks and benefits for employees. They even have a team dedicated to employee happiness!

The employees at TCG are among the most intelligent people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Vacation time could be a little more competitive, but comp time is offered

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Jul 4, 2016 – Vice President

We're thrilled you're enjoying yourself at TCG! While we can't always provide as much vacation time as we'd like (often due to contractual constraints with our clients, etc.), we offer different ways ... More

"Fantastic Company to Work For. Great perks."

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time

Pros

Fantastic onboarding experience. They make you feel welcome on day 1 and you are prepared and ready to go on day 1. Fantastic perks like 401k, sports tickets, TCG Sprees (you get to plan a company event with $1000), and the even have an Employee Happiness Division!

Cons

None that I can think of at this point.

Jul 4, 2016 – Vice President

Sssshhh! Our orientation is full of little secrets. We're glad you enjoyed it and didn't give away the details! :-) Thanks for your Positively Distinct review.

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Vice President in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Vice President in Washington, DC

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Outstanding perks, open management, telecommuting, interesting and important work, caring supervisors, smart and funny co-workers, management works hard to make sure employees don't have to work overtime; a 40-hour week is standard

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Human work culture that sets TCG above other contractors"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- work/life balance is a priority
    - majority of employees are teleworkers
    - management and executive teams are accessible and very personable
    - they have a "happiness expert" on the team who checks on every employee constantly to ensure employee's happiness and well being
    - offer option to pay 100% of health insurance premiums for employees + family
    - has monthly budget for employee suggested sprees/activities
    - hosts great company parties and events
    - offers other great benefits including a free virtual butler service
    - purchases equipment (laptops/2 monitors) to your specification to help with your job
    - sends employees random goodies like free movie tickets, a Harry & David monthly fruit delivery for your first year on board, and birthday cards and cash for your family members (!)

Cons

- no paid overtime (but usually you can earn paid time-off instead)
    - with a culture that motivates you to work, it is easy to over do it. Company should take more steps to reduce that, perhaps force mandatory leave for repeat offenders

Advice to Management

With a culture that motivates employees to work (which is a good thing), it is easy to over do it. The company should take more steps to reduce that, perhaps force mandatory leave for repeat offenders.

Jul 4, 2016 – Vice President

We agree that it's important to keep overwork in check! As you know, we track overtime very closely -- the Exec Team maintains a weekly metric on it. The team identifies patterns of overtime in ... More

"Serious About Being a Best Place to Work"

I have been working at TCG, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The flexibility is the best of any company I've worked for, especially considering that, as a contractor, we are often prey to the government's whims and have to work long hours to meet deadlines.
    - Management at all levels is very responsive and open to new ideas.
    - The fringe benefits and initiatives are unique and go a long way toward making our personal and professional lives easier.
    - Unlike other companies, there is a clear purpose and philosophy behind the work we're doing aside from "make lots of money." The work we do is worthwhile, and that importance isn't lost on management when making company-wide decisions.

Cons

I don't have any major criticisms, but would like to point out that the culture is based around self-starters. The majority of TCG telecommutes, which isn't for everyone. The freedom and flexibility TCG provides can, understandably, be overwhelming for those used to working in an office with managers constantly walking around and checking work.

Advice to Management

As TCG continues to grow, stay true to your core values and maintain the focus on employee satisfaction that has gotten you this far.

Jul 4, 2016 – Vice President

We're working hard to ensure TCG's culture continues to attract and retain incredible people. Thank you for your review!

"Wonderful Company Culture"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Washington, DC

I have been working at TCG, Inc. (More than 3 years)

Pros

TCG and the Exec team highly value the employees and their work/life balance. The benefits are countless and all are aimed at making the person feel acknowledged, worthy, and happy. Also, great friendships are formed within this company that go beyond just a regular work-relationship. I would highly recommend this company to others! It's a little slice of silicon valley in DC.

Cons

I think the salaries and bonuses could stand to be a bit larger. Not that they're bad per say (TCG offers very fair wages), but I also wouldn't consider them extremely competitive either, but they are above average.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thank you for making it clear in everything you do that you value the employees greatly.

Jul 4, 2016 – Vice President

Thanks! I take only one issue with your (much appreciated) review: we want to make Silicon Valley enviously try to be more like TCG. So if you have suggestions for how we can do that, let us know!