KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

TD Ameritrade

Engaged Employer

TD Ameritrade

Add a Review

TD Ameritrade Employee Reviews about "hour"

Updated Jul 6, 2022

What people are saying about TD Ameritrade

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "pretty easy and good benefits(in 224 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and a terrific value to customers(in 181 reviews)
  • "Fun company a lot of outings and meet great people(in 160 reviews)
  • "well pay and good conditions(in 119 reviews)
  • "Great work life balance and loss stress(in 94 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of TD Ameritrade and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "hour"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

rm I

Aug 3, 2021 - Relationship Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

decent pay and bonus and decent balance will work 8 hour shift and have OT opportunity

Cons

very volume driven and you will be pushed to churn out numbers and not really get feedback on quality

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Branch Manager

Sep 5, 2016 - Branch Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere and culture, firm seems to genuinely care about employees, pretty standard 40 hour week with occasional late nights. Good work life balance.

Cons

Pay and benefits are below industry average, which limits your ability to recruit better talent as a BM, ultimately impacting your income. Good Investment Consultants move on to better things within 2-3 years, so you wind up spending a lot of time trying to recruit and coach mediocre talent which drains you after a while. Good place for people new to the industry.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Sales, Sales, Sales

May 27, 2010 - Investor Services in Bellevue, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is great (14 to 20 an hour) if all you have is a high school education, but if you have a Bachelor's, there are better careers to go for. If you love sales, you would love this job, as the compensation keeps becoming better and better for sales people.

Cons

Sales, sales, sales, and more sales. Ever since our old CEO (Mr. Moglia, who was an AMAZING leader, by the way) left, the company has changed from a service perspective to a sales perspective. This means all employees have formal or informal "quotas" they need to meet. If you don't meet your quota, you get either fired or become sidelined (unpromotable). Of course, if you enjoy sales, then I do believe you would enjoy working here.

4. 4.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Potential

Aug 6, 2014 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture and the training is excellent. Everyone is really helpful and willing to lend a helping hand . I also enjoyed that because they are a 24 hour facility they had a full cafeteria open majority of the day with lots of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Cons

No opportunity to be promoted unless you know someone. You can be good and no one will care. The lack for growth or potential to grow makes the company NOT so great.

5. 4.0

TDA RM

Sep 15, 2015 - Relationship Manager IBS Advisor Relations in Haslet, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture and environment, management really tries hard to coach you and guide you on the right path

Cons

company is trying to cut expenses so no promotions, no overtime = more stressed to get work done in an 8 hour day, no more hired help so you're stuck doing other department/teams work because they are not staff properly.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Left due to micromanaging

Sep 7, 2021 - Financial Services Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work from home during the pandemic

Cons

Way too little pay for the amount of work employees are responsible for, ($20.13/hour), all metrics tracked down to the second, I personally resigned due to my manager telling me to use paid break time to use the restroom (which took about 2 minutes between calls). I since got hired on to Robinhood where they pay $25/hr, 8 more PTO days, unlimited sick days, mental health days, 100% employer paid benefits, and Reps only handle emails and outbound calls--no call center. Would not recommend working as a Rep at TDA. I happened to have a bad manager--not all managers were like mine at TDA.

7. 2.0

Stressful environment

Aug 15, 2018 - Cash Management Associate in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good community and involved in extra curricular activities

Cons

Pressure from management and high expectations for low pay and no raise Lots of pressure to process high volume numbers, promoted to new teams with higher expectations and no raise. Current new hire is making $4 more an hour than me. Feel constantly harassed and under pressure to perform perfectly

7 people found this review helpful

TD Ameritrade Response

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

First of all, thank you for your honesty and input. Secondly, we understand that pressure and a high stress high expectation environment can make it difficult to fully enjoy your current role. You may have already reached out to your current manager, but that as well as speaking to your HRBP might be an effective avenue to voice concerns. Another option is to use your IDP (Individual Development Plan) to seek roles within the company that are less focused on metrics and more on customer service, which is a direction TDA is working to move toward and grow in. We do not wish for our associates to feel stressed or pressured and hope to continue to find ways to care for our TDA family.

8. 5.0

Good job

Aug 9, 2021 - Retail Trade Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, 40 hour weeks, lots of time of. There is a lot of transparency with this company you will often know exactly what is going on.

Cons

It's a call center. You will be micromanaged to a degree, that is just part of the environment. Other cons include owning issues that don't necessarily belong to you

9. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Unique in the best of way

Dec 10, 2013 - Investor Services in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The staff was genuine in how they treated us and wanted us to learn all that we could. We only had to work 4 hour shirts for the summer internship. We were doing something new and different each day, learning all about the company.

Cons

Shadowing the back office..it was boring.