KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

TD Ameritrade

Engaged Employer

TD Ameritrade

Add a Review

TD Ameritrade Employee Reviews about "manager"

Updated Jul 4, 2022

What people are saying about TD Ameritrade

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "pretty easy and good benefits(in 234 reviews)
  • "Great culture of education and development(in 180 reviews)
  • "People are great and you gain a lot of experience(in 168 reviews)
  • "well pay and good conditions(in 115 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance.Been there for 6 years and enjoyed every bit of it .(in 92 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of TD Ameritrade and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "manager"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Sr Financial Consultant

Jun 4, 2017 - Financial Consultant in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary provides some security. Good place to sharpen sales skills and gain investment knowledge. Seem to have clients best interest in mind and strive to provide positive experience.

Cons

Daily huddles to discuss previous days activities is emotionally taxing. Led by branch manager and being recorded so they feel more like an act than constructive. Scrutiny of sales is over the top by the Incentive Sales Review Monitoring group, whose purpose is to find ways to withhold compensation. Continuous turnover due to the extreme micromanagement and increasing sales targets while payouts remain constant or drop. Inability to provide solutions to clients other than proprietary managed accounts or outside money managers.

15 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great job but not for the long run

Aug 13, 2020 - Investor Services Representative in Southlake, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, people, and lots of free food

Cons

Call Center and tends to be that for every role unless you move into a manager position

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

dont hire your best saleman to manage your salesman

Jun 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

alot of warm leads, they will start you off with a book of about 4,000 clients to call, pretty easy to make about 80K a year, if you are any good at sales and apply yourself you should make well over 100K,

Cons

the branches are extremely competitive so the regional managers continue to promote their best 'companyman' salesman to the role of manager. this is a huge mistake as the typical sales guy knows alot about winning in their own way and not alot about managing and coaching other people to help them sell better to their OWN style. There's alot of turn over in places like this because they believe if you cant do the work, they will replace you with someone that will. The ultimate feeling in the culture is that they care less about the employee and more about the bottom line.

7 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0

Goodbye TDA hello schwab

Apr 19, 2021 - Sfc
    Business Outlook

Pros

Manager was great and supportive

Cons

Metrics daily to measure number of calls/contacts

5. 2.0

The Job Blows

Aug 3, 2009 - Broker/Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to get your foot in the door if your wanitng to get involved in this career field. Co-Workers are friendly

Cons

The pay is horrible. They are by far the lowest paying in their market. They will do anything to squeeze bonuses and pay from you. The management style is very bad. Your on teams and are graded by your manager each quarter for bonuses. Each manager is differant and you never deal with your namager they always make you deal with the assistant team manager. No communication and they are to worried about being like other brokerages houses.

7 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

They care about employees but there was a lot of Micro-management.

Jul 8, 2013 - Financial Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This was a good company to work for, but I just didn't like my position. My manager was extremely nice and would try to give me one on one advise to help me improve my work performance. The health insurance was pretty good. There was opportunity for growth within the company which was nice.

Cons

There was a lot of push to do sales. Also, our call times and statistics were all micro-managed. It was a bit of a pain. They expected us to keep taking call after call without pausing at all. It was a very tedious job. The pay was very standard for the amount of work we had to do.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee

Letter to the previous owner

Oct 19, 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rodger, I have dedicated enough years to our company to feel entitled to a comment.There are quite a few of us like me. Seems like at every manager meeting we would count the people by tenure and admire the loyalty. 5, 10, 15, 20 years of service. We were different, felt more like a family than a firm. We've been through a lot, we endured a lot. We stuck it out, hoping our hard work and transition to asset gathering would pay off. I can't imagine the health scare that prompted your decision to sell, but in the end, the payout belongs solely to you. You don't owe us a thing. You paid us a salary, we did the job. However, please understand the reason you are able to sell for $4 billion is not because of you. It is because of us, pushing through and making up for one bad decision after another. We pushed through when, in the middle of a financial meltdown you decided to open 150 more branches and kill bonuses by skyrocketing the fixed cost. We pushed through when you decided that technology is not worth investing in. We soldiered on when you continued to allow ineptness on the executive leadership team just because a person was with you from the beginning. Not a bad person per se, but no experience running a company of this size and too proud to admit it. We stayed when you finally hired a person to lead us and then fired them just as they were starting to turn us around. At the end, we dismantled the company as it was and rebuilt as a sales force for you. You yourself admitted it was not a job you could ever do. I remember you standing on a stage once, telling us about putting your trust into a person and not realizing until it's too late that they've had a knife in your back, twisting it slowly. That it is what it feels like right now. We will recover, probably never trusting another leader this much again. Most of us still do not know if people being severed or those with jobs are the winners. I really hope $4 billion will do for you what $3 billion could not.

Cons

For better or worse, everything has changed.

94 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Mar 3, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are the best part and makes work fun. 50% match up to 6%. Can self manage own 401k funds so unlimited flexibility. Starts at 10hours/mo for PTO (including sick days) and very easy to get time off. Great health benefits. Lots of opportunity to move up but typically must stay in a role for a year before you can move.

Cons

LEAN is being pushed more and more and that is causing more micro management. Most managers are cool but when you get above your immediate manager it is just people pressuring them to micro manage.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Nice company to work for

Nov 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quarterly bonuses, a nice building, and a nice cafeteria

Cons

Some managers are great but my last manager was unqualified which made my job frustrating. Not a lot of advancement for women.

TD Ameritrade Response

Sr Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. Here at TD Ameritrade we have a laser focus on providing equal opportunity for all employees. This has been expressed by all facets in our management team and we are working on implementing on all levels. We strive to get better every day and appreciate the feedback you have given us.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Gain Industry Knowledge

Oct 6, 2021 - Investment Service Representative in Southlake, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get the opportunity to gain lots of industry knowledge, even without previous experience. They pay for your licensing and have a great training program to get you up to speed. TD Ameritrade has an amazing culture and I feel like I can go to my manager for anything.

Cons

Call center type job, so this may be a negative for some. Pay could be a little better. Lots of clients are older. So when they call in with tech issues, it is sometimes almost impossible to help them because they can barely use a computer. Let alone, clear cookies, get a text message, etc.

3 people found this review helpful