KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

TD Ameritrade

Engaged Employer

TD Ameritrade

Add a Review

TD Ameritrade Employee Reviews about "td ameritrade"

Updated Oct 6, 2021

What people are saying about TD Ameritrade

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "pretty easy and good benefits(in 232 reviews)
  • "Great culture and community involvement(in 182 reviews)
  • "Fun company a lot of outings and meet great people(in 173 reviews)
  • "well pay and good conditions(in 129 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance.Been there for 6 years and enjoyed every bit of it .(in 92 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of TD Ameritrade and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "td ameritrade"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Former Intern

Aug 11, 2015 - Intern in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at TD Ameritrade are so friendly and helpful. My internship was incredibly interesting and I got the chance to work in numerous areas.

Cons

Pay was decent for a college intern, but my only problem was that the atmosphere was too laid back for me.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Education Counselor

Nov 4, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and great people!

Cons

Messed up business model, and uncertain future if Investools will be phased out. It cost TD Ameritrade a lot of money and value it brings to the overall organization is always at question. As a result they are always changing compensation plan to get the expenses lower and try to justify the business model. It is difficult to feel secure in how much you will be making. Everyone is on a different playing field but management pretends like this is not the case and stack ranks everyone like it is totally even, it's totally not. Talent does not equal success here, you need to be good at politics, lucky and pray it all works out for you. You need to be able to balance like 9 buckets at a time as well, efficiency is very important, harder than it sounds.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee

High Pressure Sales

May 22, 2021 - Investment Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

TD Ameritrade offers a lot of training and support to be successful in a financial sales environment. It is a large company that provides great pay, has excellent benefits and values work/life balance.

Cons

I came to TD Ameritrade due to the acquisition of Scottrade. From an employee standpoint, Scottrade was the better company and valued their employees in a way TDA didn't. While TDA gives employees the tools to be successful, that success is contingent on a lot of factors that might not make it possible. On the surface, TDA comes across as a company that focuses on providing a service that is looking out for the client. In reality, Investment Consultants experienced high pressure to meet mostly out-of-reach sales targets that were the same no matter what geographic region you were in. This pressure caused Investment Consultants to hammer managed accounts to almost every client whether it was appropriate or not because TDA was trying hard to transition away from trading as its main revenue source. Since TDA is a firm the vast majority of clients come to for self-directed trading, the managed account sell can be a hard one. The transition from Scottrade was rocky and you consistently felt as if the "purple" side was never fully welcomed into the fold. I think Schwab is a premier organization on all fronts and now that TDA is becoming Charles Schwab, the outlook is much brighter.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Objective and fair for clients deteriorating compensation program reduces moral!

Jun 28, 2013 - Investment Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

TD Ameritrade does make it pretty easy to feel comfortable providing retail investment products for clients. This means that the product mix is fair and objective and is not significantly biases by sales incentive to the associate.

Cons

On the same token is that the compensation program does not reward experience, knowledge and years of service. You are only as good as your last two quarters. The incentive to produce results has diminished significantly the last two years. Internally they describe the company as a retail distribution company. They do not operate their branches as a retailer. There are no true retailers in upper management. Only glorified stock brokers leading middle and upper management. Clients are also becoming commodities. Relationships with clients are viewed as belonging to the company, and are no longer your preferred clients. This makes it hard to be more than a shoes salesman with a series 7.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, great culture focused on customer and employees

Oct 8, 2012 - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

TD Ameritrade is a company with smart people and a great culture. The values and company vision are known throughout and there is an accountability for demonstrating those every day. Has a great culture of recognition and this sense of energy to get things done.

Cons

TD Ameritrade is still establishing a lot of processes and while the client facing technology is amazing the technology internally isn't as cutting edge. There is also a lot of high achiever/low collaboration behavior.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love it

Oct 17, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

When this place says 'people matter' is a part of their core values, we definitely mean it. The culture here is awesome TD Ameritrade values the development of their employees I'v had the opportunity to grow so much.

Cons

The compensation isn't as competitive as others.

TD Ameritrade Response

Representative,TAS

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying working here and hope that you will for years to come. We are very proud of our development offerings and are always creating new content to share with our employees in an effort to help them grow in their current interests or in new interests and departments.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Loved working for TD!

Apr 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

TD Ameritrade really encouraged employee growth in the company and offered opportunities to move up if you put in the effort. Allowed flexibility with work from home. Didn’t feel micromanaged. Allowed me to be productive on my own and had trust from my manager to do what I needed to do. Felt like I really made a difference in many of our clients lives. You get to build lasting relationships with regular high net worth clients. They are much more competitive with salary now than 4-5 years ago.

Cons

I wasn’t a huge fan of the change to hourly, but some employees seemed to like it. Not a ton of cons, never really had any issues in 4 years working there, was hard to leave.

1 person found this review helpful