TD Commerce Bank Reviews

• Part-time
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TD Commerce Bank President & CEO Mike Pedersen
Mike Pedersen

Pros
  • Easy way for young minds to enter into the banking industry with no experience (in 3 reviews)

• Most employees are nice and helpful for new recruits, good incentives if you and your store meet sales numbers, and fairly relaxed work environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Short staffed and too many fees applied to accentuate quality customer service (in 6 reviews)

1. "OK Place to get started"

I worked at TD Commerce Bank part-time

Pros

Easy place to get started in banking, as a teller or personal banker. Many locations make it possible to work at a reasonable distance from home. Schedule is flexible enough for college students.

Cons

"Disposable" mentality about employees. Zero movement. Part time jobs are weekend heavy, much like any retail environment.

Advice to Management

Mentoring and development programs are imperative. Although employees are easily replaceable with anyone with zero experience, customers seem to pick up on turn-over and don't like seeing new faces every two months at their branches.

2. "analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

Pros

very good company to work for. From diverse backgrounds and talent, to meaningful work and comprehensive benefits

Cons

There are no cons for TD.

3. "Good pay but will not learn anything"

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank part-time

Pros

CoWorkers and employees are friendly. Pay is good and bonuses are every three months and is added to your paycheck.

Cons

When short on staff everything can go down hill. Customers can get angry and you become rushed to do things. Often when you are rushed you will later have a difference in your box meaning you are short or over in cash at the end of the day. As a teller your main concern would be to sell credit cards and could be a little tricky if you are shy or just do not have the confidence.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff and teach employees how to introduce a credit card.

5. "tellerII"

Former Employee - Teller II in Montville, NJ
    Former Employee - Teller II in Montville, NJ

Pros

friendly environment, good management, fast pacing environment .

Cons

unbalanced schedule,sometimes hostile environment, very hard to have a set schedule when there is always short staffing

6. "Optimization Analyst"

I worked at TD Commerce Bank full-time

Pros

TD is a successful bank that is growing in the United States. It is a large and mature company which can provide opportunities for advancement and growth.

Cons

Like many traditional banks, TD has been slow to leverage the digital channel as a way to reinvent customer experience. It's not clear the extent to which the bank has a vision for using it's digital platform to fundamentally change the relationship with its customers, or to use the interaction data to understand them better. The company is not very mature with respect to Split Testing. It does not appear that the C-Level has embraced it. Testing is provisioned by individual project sponsors who must chose to fund it. It is not a requirement and is not deeply embedded in the process or culture.

Advice to Management

Embrace split testing and implement it more widely for validation and quantification of customer research. Customer Research and Optimization should be in the same group. Split testing should be a decision made from above, not an optional line item on projects. Big picture, senior management needs to embrace the website as a living, breathing R&D lab that will help them understand and serve customers' needs better. Invest more heavily in building better online banking and delivering NEW VALUE to customers via digital interactions.

7. "Good scope to grow"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in New York, NY

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you put in the effort, they will promote you

Cons

Banking salary is not as high as people think. Very easy to mess up cash count and lose job.

Advice to Management

More oversight

8. "Great culture but no career growth"

Current Employee - Head Teller
    Current Employee - Head Teller

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the Company in so many ways. The WOW! culture, from WOW! patrol, the WOW! Awards, Surprise and delight for both employees and customers. The benefits are amazing. I have been there for a little over 4 years and I love it.

Cons

There is no room for growth. I have been struggling with my career development and pay for awhile now. And when I speak to management about getting far pay I am pretty much told to suck it up. I was also told that sometimes I have to do what is best for myself and my family even if they means leave the bank.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. I took a class MicroInequities: The Power of Small and the CEO said that its talent they are looking for. So why is it that people in your own region/market are constantly being over looked and RMMs are bring their friends from other intuitions and/or other states?

9. "Great Environment"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Monticello, NY
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Monticello, NY

Pros

Quarterly incentives, friendly staff and decent benefits.

Cons

Short staffed and too many fees applied to accentuate quality customer service.

Advice to Management

Keep appreciating your employees

10. "Teller"

Former Employee - Bank Teller
    Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at TD Commerce Bank part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great, compensation is poor. The people you work with are wonderful. Still had that small bank feeling when I was working there.

Cons

As the company grows, sales becomes for important. They push you to sell and that kind of effects customer service. Smaller banks are the way to go.

Advice to Management

Good Job.

"FSR"

Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Nashua, NH

Pros

laid back sales environment- no goals

Cons

hours and lack of support from management

Advice to Management

care about your employees

RSS Feed </> Embed