TD Reviews in Mount Laurel, NJ | Glassdoor

Mount Laurel, NJ

3.9
Greg Braca

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Best work life balance environment for a career focused professional (in 306 reviews)

• Great work environment, good people (in 305 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to maintain effective work/life balance (in 220 reviews)

• Long hours although short compared to other investment banks on the street (in 199 reviews)

1. "Amazing Work Environment"

Current Employee - Vice President Product Management in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President Product Management in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work-Life Balance, Excellent On-Boarding Process, and Excellent Team Chemistry

TD Bank is very unique in a sense that it isn’t your usual Financial Institution. When I wake up, because of the “Dress for your Day” policy, I get to choose what I want to wear depending on what is going on in my day. If phone meetings type of day, I’m wearing jeans! Once I get to work, I don’t always have to be physically in my desk exactly at 9am. If I am a parent dropping my kids off in school, as long as I do not have any scheduled meetings and it doesn’t interfere with my work or my team’s schedule, they have Flex-time! On days I have to stay home, I can work from home too. If you are planning for a family, birth or adoption, you get 4 months paid vacation. Those are just some of the perks I love in TD.

Cons

So, as they always say, good things come with a price...

TD doesn’t quite pay industry standard, at least for the area I’m in (tech). The only thing holding this good company to becoming one of the greats is the salary. Great companies do not need to compromise salary because the benefits are great. Once TD fixes this issue, not only will they be able to improve their employee retention but also attract better talent.

Advice to Management

I get it, it’s a big company so communication is not the best. It also may seem same old complaints when it comes to the asks that you hear but please still listen to them. It also helps when there is full transparency as to why an ask cannot be fulfilled or can’t be done right now, it helps employees to be aware and have better understanding of a perspective from above that common employees do not see. With all perspectives present and on the table, perhaps a solution wouldn’t be too far away.

2. "Senior CSR"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement, PTO is abundant

Cons

Retail work hours can vary from week to week. You will have to work on weekends.

"Stop hiring Chase Rejects"

Current Employee - Vice President in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My immediate team is awesome, high work ethic, extremely intelligent, would work everyday until night to deliver results

Cons

Personalities and departments vary greatly. If you happen to work with toxic people and departments, it's very draining but the company doesn't hold them accountable. Bullying or bulldozing their way through is rampant with no repurcussions for the people who behave that way.

While my immediate team is awesome, I am part of shared services supporting multiple lines of businesses. My negative experience comes exclusively from people hired who were with Chase previously that have no real leadership, planning, or vision and the only strength they employ is bullying and bulldozing their way through flawed assumptions.

TD, you have so much gold in the original talent pool from within + those hired from other banks. But you keep putting people from Chase in leadership positions they have no business being in. This is producing such a dramatic and toxic working environment, you make me want to quit because my health and talent is not worth these people.

I don't mean to generalize and I'm sure there's great people you hired from Chase, but 3/5 they're terrible. They're being difficult just to be difficult is impeding work and progress.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring chase rejects. Promote your true talents. Have repurcussions for people not following the TD culture of collaboration and respect. I still love TD but the people make the company and I have never been disrespected, berated and talked down to by anyone in my professional career than these Chase rejects you keep hiring. It's horrible.

I rate you low by culture and values because they are not enforced but it looks good on paper.

4. "great place"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great pay, great networking and volunteering

Cons

not enough advancement for growth

"Great work life balances, however lower salary"

Current Employee - AML Investigator I in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - AML Investigator I in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work from home options, more vacation days than most employers (start at 3 weeks), casual office attire, overtime is offered sparingly, newly renovated office

Cons

Lower salary compared to competitors, no bonuses except Christmas (2 weeks pay), overtime not always available, yearly raises are not much (2%).

6. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, culture and work life balance!

Cons

None at this time to report

7. "Great Company and Culture!"

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company; Inclusive of Employee's Perspectives; Strong Culture

Cons

Can be NJ Location focused too much

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Technical Director Associate in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Director Associate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many opportunities for growth, learning and community involvement. TD Bank fosters an environment for each associate to find an ideal career path. Love the focus on our communities too and the support for engagement and volunteer opportunities. Just truly the best company I've worked for!

Cons

There really aren't any cons I can speak to. Great place to come to everyday. Enjoy the people, the work, opportunities, flexibility and benefits!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Leadership is incredibly supportive of associates in helping each of us to grow professionally.

9. "Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Continuously impressed with the culture at TD. When they say an all inclusive, welcoming environment, they really mean it. Hardworking, dedicated team members, always willing to share their knowledge and experience. Great management.

Cons

No cons at this time.

10. "Mortgage Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is an excellent company that encourages and promotes growth!

Cons

The technology is sub par

Advice to Management

Keep positively motivating!

Showing 141 of 5,739 reviews