TD Reviews in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

3.7
Greg Braca

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Hard to maintain effective work/life balance (in 221 reviews)

• Long hours although short compared to other investment banks on the street (in 199 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I love the company, almost 11 years in, progressing from teller to Store Manager."

Current Employee - Store Manager II in Newtown, PA
    Current Employee - Store Manager II in Newtown, PA

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Quarterly bonus, 401k, flexible, diverse, caring. Great opportunities to grow, great culture of mentoring and encouraging internal promotion.

Cons

Work life balance. Internally promoted are paid a lot lesd than external hires, which can be extremely frustrating.

Advice to Management

Computer systems could be improved.

2. "Td bank"

Former Employee - Csr1 in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environmen. Employees Food pto benefits

Cons

Sales there is a heavy emphasis on sales

3. "Collateral loan analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Collateral Analyst in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Collateral Analyst in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexibility, good management, a lot of experience

Cons

not high combination, not working remotely

"Amazing Work Environment"

Current Employee - Vice President Product Management in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President Product Management in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work-Life Balance, Excellent On-Boarding Process, and Excellent Team Chemistry

TD Bank is very unique in a sense that it isn’t your usual Financial Institution. When I wake up, because of the “Dress for your Day” policy, I get to choose what I want to wear depending on what is going on in my day. If phone meetings type of day, I’m wearing jeans! Once I get to work, I don’t always have to be physically in my desk exactly at 9am. If I am a parent dropping my kids off in school, as long as I do not have any scheduled meetings and it doesn’t interfere with my work or my team’s schedule, they have Flex-time! On days I have to stay home, I can work from home too. If you are planning for a family, birth or adoption, you get 4 months paid vacation. Those are just some of the perks I love in TD.

Cons

So, as they always say, good things come with a price...

TD doesn’t quite pay industry standard, at least for the area I’m in (tech). The only thing holding this good company to becoming one of the greats is the salary. Great companies do not need to compromise salary because the benefits are great. Once TD fixes this issue, not only will they be able to improve their employee retention but also attract better talent.

Advice to Management

I get it, it’s a big company so communication is not the best. It also may seem same old complaints when it comes to the asks that you hear but please still listen to them. It also helps when there is full transparency as to why an ask cannot be fulfilled or can’t be done right now, it helps employees to be aware and have better understanding of a perspective from above that common employees do not see. With all perspectives present and on the table, perhaps a solution wouldn’t be too far away.

TD Response

Oct 2, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Sourcer

Thank you for your honest review of TD. We are proud to offer flexible work and attire options for certain departments within the bank, great benefits for all employees and strive for an excellent... More

"Teller"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at TD part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The responsibility you hold as a teller is nice. Being able to meet new people and build relationships was a bonus.

Cons

Managers need to actually have their team members best interest in mind. I came across managers that had an I mentality. Didn't really provide a healthy work environment

Advice to Management

Care more about your staff in comparison to credit card sales. And to those who are at the top every quarter regarding sales, allow them to continue to do a great job in peace.
    1900 Market Philadelphia PA

6. "Senior CSR"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement, PTO is abundant

Cons

Retail work hours can vary from week to week. You will have to work on weekends.

7. "Great company culture, but too much pressure with sales!"

Former Employee - Teller in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Teller in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at TD part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Positive and diverse company culture
    - Many opportunities to move up within the company
    - Tuition reimbursement if studying business
    - Fun part-time job

Cons

- Too much pressure on sales
    - Goals only get higher each quarter; to the point where it's unattainable
    - Everyone's goals and progress are posted for everyone to see

Advice to Management

There should be team sales goals instead of individual goals. This would have everyone work together instead of compete with one another.

"Stop hiring Chase Rejects"

Current Employee - Vice President in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My immediate team is awesome, high work ethic, extremely intelligent, would work everyday until night to deliver results

Cons

Personalities and departments vary greatly. If you happen to work with toxic people and departments, it's very draining but the company doesn't hold them accountable. Bullying or bulldozing their way through is rampant with no repurcussions for the people who behave that way.

While my immediate team is awesome, I am part of shared services supporting multiple lines of businesses. My negative experience comes exclusively from people hired who were with Chase previously that have no real leadership, planning, or vision and the only strength they employ is bullying and bulldozing their way through flawed assumptions.

TD, you have so much gold in the original talent pool from within + those hired from other banks. But you keep putting people from Chase in leadership positions they have no business being in. This is producing such a dramatic and toxic working environment, you make me want to quit because my health and talent is not worth these people.

I don't mean to generalize and I'm sure there's great people you hired from Chase, but 3/5 they're terrible. They're being difficult just to be difficult is impeding work and progress.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring chase rejects. Promote your true talents. Have repurcussions for people not following the TD culture of collaboration and respect. I still love TD but the people make the company and I have never been disrespected, berated and talked down to by anyone in my professional career than these Chase rejects you keep hiring. It's horrible.

I rate you low by culture and values because they are not enforced but it looks good on paper.

"Ehh"

Current Employee - Teller II in Pemberton, NJ
    Current Employee - Teller II in Pemberton, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time

Pros

Awesome coworkers. Customers become family. Small hometown branch. Pay isn't terrible. Extra pay if you and the store reach your goal.

Cons

Sales goals unreachable due to location. Management sucks. Hours are INCONVENIENT for employees. 1/2 hour breaks that are usually interrupted.

"Commercial construction loan administrator"

Current Employee - Commercial Construction Loan Administrator in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good PTO time , benefits are good. Management is fair and works with its employees

Cons

Too close to co-workers and annoying habits . Hard to concentrate. Very noisey environment . Work is not distributed fairly. Others have lots of time to sit around and chat and nothing gets done about that

Advice to Management

Work in your department so you see what goes on and the time wasted with talking etc.

Showing 353 of 5,888 reviews