TD Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Greg Braca

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance, internal promotion policies (in 237 reviews)

• Long hours and it was a long commute to work for me (in 210 reviews)

"Teller II"

Current Employee - Senior Teller in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Teller in New York, NY

I have been working at TD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent, can get promoted very quickly

Cons

Very sales driven, and hard on employees to bring in sales. adhere to company culture and nothing else, hours, no flexibility at all. Exactly like working in a retail store

TD Response

Dec 27, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Sourcer

Thank you for your review and for your honest feedback. We're sorry to hear that you would not recommend TD and that you are somewhat dissatisfied. We hope that you are having conversations with your... More

2. "So bad I quit!"

Former Employee - Teller in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Teller in New York, NY

I worked at TD part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is competitive with other big banks, thats the only good thing about it.

Cons

Other tellers were unprofessional and rude. The technology is dinosaur. They do not have enough chairs for tellers to use throughout the day. Standing on your feet all day is not a tellers job, this isn't security. Open on Sundays!!! You have to sell credit cards or get written-up. You also have to write in a journal on your work computer (Idk why). They have cameras in the break-room!?!?!? No privacy anywhere in this bank!

Advice to Management

Please advocate for better technology and more chairs for tellers to use.

"Teller"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at TD part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The responsibility you hold as a teller is nice. Being able to meet new people and build relationships was a bonus.

Cons

Managers need to actually have their team members best interest in mind. I came across managers that had an I mentality. Didn't really provide a healthy work environment

Advice to Management

Care more about your staff in comparison to credit card sales. And to those who are at the top every quarter regarding sales, allow them to continue to do a great job in peace.
    1900 Market Philadelphia PA

"Okay but not the best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have great PTO and easy banking culture compares to other Banks..

Cons

Pay is low compared to a lot of companies for the same levels..the raises are pennies..unless you move up which itself is hard to get promoted. Senior Management makes it seem like they care and it's a diverse company but it's not unless you complain.

Advice to Management

Care for your employees and compensate them like they deserve.

5. "OK Job"

Former Employee - PC/LAN Tech in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - PC/LAN Tech in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at TD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good job culture, Good PTO, Everyone was nice

Cons

many layoffs, always a threat of being laid off, senior management disconnected and doesn't care about it's employees.

Advice to Management

Stop laying people off

"Stop hiring Chase Rejects"

Current Employee - Vice President in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My immediate team is awesome, high work ethic, extremely intelligent, would work everyday until night to deliver results

Cons

Personalities and departments vary greatly. If you happen to work with toxic people and departments, it's very draining but the company doesn't hold them accountable. Bullying or bulldozing their way through is rampant with no repurcussions for the people who behave that way.

While my immediate team is awesome, I am part of shared services supporting multiple lines of businesses. My negative experience comes exclusively from people hired who were with Chase previously that have no real leadership, planning, or vision and the only strength they employ is bullying and bulldozing their way through flawed assumptions.

TD, you have so much gold in the original talent pool from within + those hired from other banks. But you keep putting people from Chase in leadership positions they have no business being in. This is producing such a dramatic and toxic working environment, you make me want to quit because my health and talent is not worth these people.

I don't mean to generalize and I'm sure there's great people you hired from Chase, but 3/5 they're terrible. They're being difficult just to be difficult is impeding work and progress.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring chase rejects. Promote your true talents. Have repurcussions for people not following the TD culture of collaboration and respect. I still love TD but the people make the company and I have never been disrespected, berated and talked down to by anyone in my professional career than these Chase rejects you keep hiring. It's horrible.

I rate you low by culture and values because they are not enforced but it looks good on paper.

"Ehh"

Current Employee - Teller II in Pemberton, NJ
    Current Employee - Teller II in Pemberton, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time

Pros

Awesome coworkers. Customers become family. Small hometown branch. Pay isn't terrible. Extra pay if you and the store reach your goal.

Cons

Sales goals unreachable due to location. Management sucks. Hours are INCONVENIENT for employees. 1/2 hour breaks that are usually interrupted.

"Business Manager"

Former Employee - Business Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Manager in New York, NY

I worked at TD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and community focus environment. They give preferencial employment rights to Canadian citizens moving to the US than local hires. you can only grow professionally in this bank if you are from Canada.

Cons

Horrible place to work for minorities and building a career. HR benefits are not competitive and overall environment is very hostile.

Advice to Management

People are not given opportunities to grow their career path. Employees are not given opportunities to move between LOB and there is an internal mafia between candidates who are hired by their personal relationships that their curriculum and experience.

"Glad to be gone"

Former Employee - Banking Specialist in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Banking Specialist in Greenville, SC

Pros

Good Benefits Good Time Off Plan

Cons

No set schedule. You don't know what hours or days you were going to be working until one to two weeks before. This forces you to use up your PTO time. Great benefit for the company not for the employee.

Advice to Management

At the very least give employees the dignity of knowing when they are going to be off more than two weeks ahead of time.

10. "Call center asks the impossible woth metrics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at TD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not to many to list, the pay was comparable to other call centers as well as the benefits package. 401k, medical, dental, ect. They have personal and vacation time but it's impossible to put in for it if your not sniping the page 24/7 which in my opinion is rediclious

Cons

Unreasonable expectations, micro management to the extreme. Eveything is calculated by a computer, not a person who could listen to the call and realize the customers problem ia goinf to take more than 7 minutes to fix.

Showing 193 of 6,245 reviews