TD Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
TD CEO Greg Braca
Greg Braca
  1. Featured Review

"Great culture, tons of opportunities"

Current Employee - Fraud Analytics Manager in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at TD full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is truly a champion for diversity and inclusion, not just for namesake. Some of the tech stack can feel bit outdated and processes can feel bureaucratic, esp if you come in from the top 4 banks. However, colleagues and managers are super receptive to new ideas, and this gives ample opportunities to shine and make a visible impact. Most folks are quite generous with their time, and I've gotten to work... with some brilliant folks. Work from home and flexible work hours are the norm in many teams, which is a welcome perk.

Cons

Sometimes processes can feel extremely slow.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and continue working with feedback from employees. The pulse employee survey is a great step in this direction

TD2019-05-11
  2. "Great pay for Students"

Current Employee - Teller I in Epping, NH

I have been working at TD part-time for more than a year

Pros

Management helps you move up in the company Great starting pay Quarterly bonuses Tuition reimbursement Generous PTO for part time

Cons

Sale goals are manageable but if you really hate sales this isn’t a job for you Sometime archaic computer systems

Advice to Management

This job isn’t very difficult and in some ways can be a rewarding experience. The company should definitely invest in upgrading their technology. Overall it’s a nice place to work. A lot of that comes from the people you work with though.

TD2019-09-16
  3. "Great Company Culture But Pay Is Low & Advancement Is Difficult"

Former Employee - Loan Operations Analyst in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at TD full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

TD has a unique corporate environment. Excellence is regularly celebrated (with a yearly award show known as WOW awards) and the company definitely breeds an enthusiastic culture.

Cons

It is very hard to advance. Without upper level degrees or the backing of a executive, it is easy to become stagnant and lose motivation. In the banking world, pay is also significantly less. I later discovered that my position at two different financial institution was paying its employees $7 & $9 more per hour than what I was making.

Advice to Management

Higher more of the little guys!

TD2019-09-15
  4. "Work-Life Balance is Horrible but Benefits are fantastic"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at TD full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

generous PTO accrued bi-weekly with paycheck, 401k matches after 1 year of service, excellent health/dental/vision benefits with options from different companies.

Cons

Work-life balance is supposedly a "Pro factor" with the company but it is not. Most locations are open 7 days a week and long hours. Full-timers feel the brunt of the long hours and have many many asks r from upper management. Store Managers are rarely in the Stores, leaving the Assistant Managers to deal with everything. Upper management raves about the "TD Culture" but it is never enforced when it matters

TD2019-09-11
  5. "Bank teller"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at TD full-time for more than a year

Pros

A very open minded, ethical company to work for with some of the most amazing people I've ever met and opportunity to move up

Cons

None really. I love going to work.

TD2019-09-10
  6. "Good Pay, Not much flexibility"

Former Employee - Banking Specialist I in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at TD part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Pay, Benefits, Employee recognition and discounts

Cons

Minimum flexibility to schedule, long training period

TD2019-09-03
  7. "Great Culture - Good Benefits"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at TD full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great inclusive culture, open and relax

Cons

Trying to change the open and relax culture to be more business-driven. Not a lot of opportunities outside of retail banking in Fl.

Advice to Management

You are good being TD don't try to be something else.

TD2019-09-02
  8. "Not Good"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hamilton Sq, NJ

I have been working at TD part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None. It is hectic and management doesn't care.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, busy, and liability falls on you

Advice to Management

Do some work, at least when there is overflow

TD2019-08-28

"Meh"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at TD full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked in a major branch, had decent benefits and good coworkers.

Cons

Complete bias that goes on from management, from branch managers to Regional managers. Seems like most employees who are good at their job leave after realizing the company sucks, and it leaves all the people who can't to do better to become a manager after working at the branch for 10 years.

TD2019-08-26
  10. "ok"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at TD full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great benefits and flexibility, if you go to school they really try working with your schedule (to an extent)

Cons

Recently the company has come to this, SALES SALES SALES. You HAVE to push the Credit Card to EVERY single customer, needed or not, even if it is absolutely not needed. Aren't we suppose to help these people financially ? Not just shove a credit card pitch to every single customer that walks through the door. Also when I first was interviewed I was never told this would be a SALES job, now the management holds my... job and tells me i'm going to get fired every single second they get the chance simply because I did mention things to customers that they do not need, they say they are America's most convenient bank and that they care about their customers but they are moving towards what Wells Fargo did, SALES, do whatever it takes to get the SALES up. MICROMANAGING NEEDS TO STOP, simply exhausting having someone breathe over your shoulder when you can do the job perfectly fine without that. Also one thing to mention is if your entire team is leaving or thinking about leaving, something is wrong with management.

TD2019-08-26