TD Reviews | Glassdoor

1,300 reviews

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

1,300 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Best work life balance environment for a career focused professional (in 298 reviews)

• Employee and customer focus makes for a very positive work environment (in 295 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to maintain effective work/life balance (in 215 reviews)

• Long hours although short compared to other investment banks on the street (in 195 reviews)

1. "Great Company and Culture!"

Current Employee - Technical Director Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Director Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company; Inclusive of Employee's Perspectives; Strong Culture

Cons

Can be NJ Location focused too much

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Technical Director Associate in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Director Associate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many opportunities for growth, learning and community involvement. TD Bank fosters an environment for each associate to find an ideal career path. Love the focus on our communities too and the support for engagement and volunteer opportunities. Just truly the best company I've worked for!

Cons

There really aren't any cons I can speak to. Great place to come to everyday. Enjoy the people, the work, opportunities, flexibility and benefits!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Leadership is incredibly supportive of associates in helping each of us to grow professionally.

3. "Senior Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at TD (More than 3 years)

Pros

work-life balance is outstanding, low pressure, good compensation packages

Cons

Lack of accountability, lack of senior mgt technology leadership, heavy process, people act like robots, little focus on execution/agility

Advice to Management

Empower people, understand current technology landscape, remove barriers and reduce massive process overhead, instill culture of accountability

"Business Manager"

Former Employee - Business Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Manager in New York, NY

I worked at TD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and community focus environment. They give preferencial employment rights to Canadian citizens moving to the US than local hires. you can only grow professionally in this bank if you are from Canada.

Cons

Horrible place to work for minorities and building a career. HR benefits are not competitive and overall environment is very hostile.

Advice to Management

People are not given opportunities to grow their career path. Employees are not given opportunities to move between LOB and there is an internal mafia between candidates who are hired by their personal relationships that their curriculum and experience.

5. "Teller"

Current Employee - Teller in Tampa Palms, FL
    Current Employee - Teller in Tampa Palms, FL

I have been working at TD part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, PTO, incentives, GREAT maternity leave

Cons

Hard to climb the ladder, average pay

"TD Call Center in a nut shell"

Current Employee - Banking Specialist in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Banking Specialist in Auburn, ME

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for upward progression
    One on one time with management to discuss personal development, career goals, and current positions. More so, allowing discussions on how to achieve those goals in the near future.

Fast-paced (most days)

Ability to make a direct impact on the lives of others

Allows for employees to make recommendations toward improvements internally to better support both the employee experience and the customer experience.

Cons

Need emotional strength: Non-customer facing brings about the boldness in others. Especially, on Tuesdays. There's no telling if an irate customer is about to curse someone out, or if a sweet elder is adjusting their ledger. Either could be this next call.

Rigid scheduling:
    Lack of intra-communication: Promotions (online, regional, call center ect.), system access (what some departments have access to, but don't know it), and the ability to find answers efficiently in the intraweb can be difficult and are sometimes lost in the cracks of the system. (But there IS support to be found elsewhere)

Continuous change in structure: People move into other positions frequently at TD which is both a pro and a con. Pro for obvious reasons (everyone enjoys a promotion). Con because one may sync with one system of personal management, but clash with the next--stunting performance overall.

Built for an Extrovert (Personal preference): As an introvert I gain and restore energy by being able to focus on complex problems and processing internally; using my creative abilities to push me forward and find new solutions to problems. As a call center rep, I speak for eight or nine hours a day. Sometimes, I feel like I'm more entertaining than finding solutions. I come home feeling exhausted. Some say that's a sign of having a successful workday, but not all. Where an extrovert gains their energy and propels through life exchanging energy externally with others, the call center position would work toward their strengths, and they could thoroughly enjoy themselves in this position. As an introvert I found this position to be exhilarating at first (learning to navigate the multiple systems, the physiology of each arm TD possess, gauging myself against the metrics). After 18 months, and having mastered those above by 6 months, I began to feel the erosion of repetition.

Advice to Management

Sometimes, there are changes made in base procedure that sound amazing on a whiteboard, but in practice damage the ability of employees to perform at their best. After a while, conditioning and perseverance takes over and the dust settles on the changes that were made. My advise is that before the changes be made entirely, a practical experiment take place. A simulation, complete with a review from the employees who participated in order to have an empirical understanding of the impact of said change, before it hits the entire system. This way will take more time, but is more effective in the long-term. This allows for adjustments in the original plan to accommodate for potential challenges pointed out by the test group's experiences, resulting in less friction once the change takes place.

7. "Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Continuously impressed with the culture at TD. When they say an all inclusive, welcoming environment, they really mean it. Hardworking, dedicated team members, always willing to share their knowledge and experience. Great management.

Cons

No cons at this time.

8. "It was okay"

Former Employee - Teller I in Berlin, NJ
    Former Employee - Teller I in Berlin, NJ

I worked at TD part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional environment and nice customer base. Easy job when you're not trying to make sales goals. New, nice system to work with

Cons

Pushy sales goals and bad management. Management ready to criticize but never give words of praise. Short staffed constantly and long drive thru lines

Advice to Management

Give acknowledgement to hard work

9. "Bank Teller I"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at TD part-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. PTO are weak. Depends on the "store" aka branch you are working in.

Cons

PTO Customers Co Workers. Regional manager and audit managers have bad attitudes

Advice to Management

Better top to bottom management

10. "td"

Current Employee - Csr1 in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Hartford, CT

I have been working at TD (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO paid time off is good

Cons

pay is not competitive to other banks

Showing 5,283 of 5,593 reviews