What people are saying about TD
Today, I resigned from TD to join Amazon. I was denied promotions twice in last 9 months and I felt tired. So when I resigned, I didn’t feel good after that. Not because I’m not excited about Amazon, but somewhere in my heart, I felt too comfortable at TD. Even though they stopped valuing me, I don’t know why I felt bad after resigning? Do I not have self-respect? Or I did right and I’m just overthinking? What else could it be?
Got a burning question about TD? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with TD employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I can really say only the benefits were good and there is a gym of no cost." (in 1601 reviews)
- "Great for people who want a 'small company feel' with the structure and HR/development resources of a large company" (in 857 reviews)
- "Great culture and were given the flexibility to work and do school at the same time." (in 768 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good if you are not very ambitious and just want a low" (in 605 reviews)
- "good work environment and fun" (in 325 reviews)
- "The sales goal is extremely high and you got relatively low pay compared with other banks" (in 728 reviews)
- "Poor management The management admitted that there is a certain discrepancy between what you learnt in the 10 week training and on board." (in 686 reviews)
- "The only thing that I am not satisfied with is that the salary is low." (in 437 reviews)
- "I know several people who were railroaded by bad managers and had to leave the company" (in 398 reviews)
- "long hours and rarely close in bad weather also need to work 7 days a week." (in 397 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of TD and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,033 of over 19K reviews
Updated Sep 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work environment"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Sep 29, 2021Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
- diverse and inclusive work environment - good work dynamic - good benefits - good entry level pay
- can be competitive and sales driven - can be stressful
- 2.0Sep 2, 2014Teller IIFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsOrange, NJ
In general I do believe TD is or at least has the potential to be a great company to work for considering which of the many locations you get hired at. I unfortunately got hired at one of the poorly managed stores the Orange, NJ store.
Management at my store was absolutely USELESS. There is a 'bump it up' culture that is trained to TD Banks new hires this culture dictates that whenever issues arise that tellers/csr can not resolve you are to 'bump it up' to your manager; Store manager, Assistant manager, head teller ect. In the case of the Orange store bumping it up was useless due to the fact the upper management know nothing or they are to fearful of any accountability to attach their name to. In the case of my store there were many time when I had to resolve major issues myself because I knew management was no help. In addition to their lack of initiative managers were sketchy there were rumors of store manager embezzlement ever since I started work at my store. TD Bank is a good company I however was placed in one of it most toxic work environments honestly.2