TDE Baltimore Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
TDE Baltimore Owner Eric Chapman
Eric Chapman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you are looking for a challenging yet fun work environment, this is the place" (in 7 reviews)

• "Great step by step proven training program" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Don’t let door to door sales scare you" (in 12 reviews)

• "The job is 100% door to door sales Monday-Saturday but they frame it as if its not in order to get people in the door" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Fulfilling Career"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked with TDE for over 5 years. The personal and professional growth here is amazing. Within my first 6 months I developed more here than in my previous 3 years at my prior employer. The development didn’t stop there, and I have continued to grow and evolve to this day.

Cons

The coaching is continual, and you are outside of your comfort zone very often. Sometimes at the moment it can be frustrating but in hind sight it has been worth it every time.

2. "Scam"

Pros

They will teach you what you need to know it’s a wonderful work environment and everyone is always really nice and you can meet really cool people

Cons

In Towson the branch with Eric and Jeremy and Dylan the thing is....it’s all commission based you can go weeks without a paycheck I still never got money for my “paid training” and they will tell you they want you to start then become manager and stuff but that could take much longer than what they tell you. If you have money saved up and can pay bills for 3 months then yes go for it it could be a good fit however if you have no money saved don’t do this

Advice to Management

Figure something out so people can get paid and not end up losing jobs or cars or homes or what have you

"My experience working at TDE Baltimore was positive, thought provoking, and challenging."

Current Employee - Entry Level in Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Entry Level in Timonium, MD

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere, supportive, influential, fun, comradely

Cons

Long hours, one day off

"Team Leader"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment - everyone was very nice. Hangout after work on weekdays. Worked for 11 months there as a team leader. Only stayed as long because of pressure from fellow employees and the big boss

Cons

"leaders" were robotic in the office. The job is 100% door to door sales Monday-Saturday but they frame it as if its not in order to get people in the door. 100% commission. They get your first sale for you (aprox $125 for you) and then you are on 100% commission. if you ask for time off then you will get a speech as to why you should feel guilty for even asking for this time off from the "big boss". the "leaders" act as if their in a cult. Clawbacks: if your customer cancels, you dont get paid. this sucks because even if the technician messes up, you dont get paid. you rarely actually see the money you make in the field.

Advice to Management

-stop being so robotic to new comers, they see your just trying to get another person on your team that way.
    -cut down hours. people have family and need time for physical wellbeing. (9-11am spent in office 11:30-7pm spent in field aka door to door)
    -start compensating for gas or give closer teritory. ( i spent most of my earnings in gas everyday.)
    -The big boss is extremely cocky.

"Dynamic Opportunity for Motivated Individuals"

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This isn't your normal 9 to 5 job, it is a high energy and motivating office! You become apart of the family quickly and not only build upon your business related skills, but also skills that help improve your day to day outlook on life. it is a hardworking job, but the energy you put in will pay off for sure, ie. with bonuses, trips, and time with owners. I would recommend this position for any recent college grads with interest in entrepreneurship or people with competitive drives!

Cons

Don't expect this to be a clock in and out mindless job, that is not it. You dedicate time and energy to reap the benefits that are offered here.

Advice to Management

None! Keep it up!

"Great Culture and Transparent Mission"

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time

Pros

I applied for a position with TDE. Although I chose a different path in my professional career, I thought it was necessary to recognize the positivity and transparency of this company. Contrary to some previous reviews, the staff was very upfront with me. After speaking with Kaitlyn and Nancy, I could feel the vibrant culture, and it was made very clear to me what on the company’s mission and the employee’s daily responsibilities.
    Earlier in my life I would have taken this opportunity in a heartbeat. As someone who has worked in direct marketing for over 7 years, I highly recommend this organization to any young professional looking to get their foot in the door.

Cons

Don’t let door to door sales scare you. Two years knocking on doors is more valuable than four years in college.

"Rewarding Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First off, the people that work here are amazing. It is a very friendly atmosphere and the energy is always high. Another reason this company is a great opportunity is the various avenues available in regards to advancement within the business. The CEO Eric Chapman does a great job when it comes to getting to know the people that work for him and pin pointing what the best paths are for them. If you are looking for a challenging yet fun work environment, this is the place.
    I personally, started off in the entry level position and got promoted into leadership before making the switch to the HR team, which was a path that I thought best suited me. I was only able to make this switch by proving my work ethic within the entry level stages going into leadership. This is just my personal case where hard work paid off in the long run.

Cons

This job isn't for someone who isn't willing to put in the hard work and push themselves on a regular basis. It is not just a mindless job where you can put minimal effort in and reap the benefits still. Hard workers get rewards and not vice versa.

"Great Company - Real Opportunity"

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TDE has a great work environment and provides exceptional results. Everyone really works well as a team and genuinely wants to see everyone do well. The company operates with integrity and a structured training program. The advancement opportunities are endless.

Cons

Rejection. As in any sales role, we face a lot of rejection.

Advice to Management

You are all wonderful and inspire me to be better.

"Account manager"

Pros

Anyone can get an interview for the entry level job. The business professional dress code is interesting. Also a great logo

Cons

You have to work weekends and perform “door to door” marketing which is fancy for soliciting people at their homes. Extremely misleading when you apply, your starting salary is like 95% commission.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront about what the entry level position is.

"Hard Work. Amazing Culture. Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone starts in the same position.
    Fun and energetic environment.
    Multicultural
    Merit based advancement opportunity.
    Fostering professional and personal relationships.

Cons

This isn't your typical 9-5. Be prepared to work hard!

Advice to Management

Keep the promotion train rolling!