TDE Baltimore Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
TDE Baltimore Owner Eric Chapman
Eric Chapman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Dynamic Opportunity for Motivated Individuals"

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This isn't your normal 9 to 5 job, it is a high energy and motivating office! You become apart of the family quickly and not only build upon your business related skills, but also skills that help improve your day to day outlook on life. it is a hardworking job, but the energy you put in will pay off for sure, ie. with bonuses, trips, and time with owners. I would recommend this position for any recent college grads with interest in entrepreneurship or people with competitive drives!

Cons

Don't expect this to be a clock in and out mindless job, that is not it. You dedicate time and energy to reap the benefits that are offered here.

Advice to Management

None! Keep it up!

2. "Great Culture and Transparent Mission"

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time

Pros

I applied for a position with TDE. Although I chose a different path in my professional career, I thought it was necessary to recognize the positivity and transparency of this company. Contrary to some previous reviews, the staff was very upfront with me. After speaking with Kaitlyn and Nancy, I could feel the vibrant culture, and it was made very clear to me what on the company’s mission and the employee’s daily responsibilities.
    Earlier in my life I would have taken this opportunity in a heartbeat. As someone who has worked in direct marketing for over 7 years, I highly recommend this organization to any young professional looking to get their foot in the door.

Cons

Don’t let door to door sales scare you. Two years knocking on doors is more valuable than four years in college.

3. "Excellent company that invests in its people"

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time

Pros

My experience at TDE Baltimore was incredibly eye-opening. This is truly a company that invests into its people and wants to see them succeed. The culture in the office is very positive and makes you want to be a part of the team. The relationships that you build with your coworkers are built on trust and mutual respect, and this has created a wonderful environment in which to do business. In my short time with the company I was introduced to a variety of new skills and experiences that have since helped me to become a better leader and entrepreneur, and I could not have enjoyed my time more.

Cons

If you want to be successful in this business, it requires work, just like all opportunities. You can't just sit in your chair all day long and expect to see improvement. The training programs that are provided do an excellent job of educating team members on how to increase their results. As long as you are willing to put in the effort, you will see personal and professional growth.

Advice to Management

Keep doing fun team nights! I always looked forward to those and enjoyed getting to build relationships with my coworkers and management.

4. "Rewarding Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First off, the people that work here are amazing. It is a very friendly atmosphere and the energy is always high. Another reason this company is a great opportunity is the various avenues available in regards to advancement within the business. The CEO Eric Chapman does a great job when it comes to getting to know the people that work for him and pin pointing what the best paths are for them. If you are looking for a challenging yet fun work environment, this is the place.
    I personally, started off in the entry level position and got promoted into leadership before making the switch to the HR team, which was a path that I thought best suited me. I was only able to make this switch by proving my work ethic within the entry level stages going into leadership. This is just my personal case where hard work paid off in the long run.

Cons

This job isn't for someone who isn't willing to put in the hard work and push themselves on a regular basis. It is not just a mindless job where you can put minimal effort in and reap the benefits still. Hard workers get rewards and not vice versa.

5. "Great Company - Real Opportunity"

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TDE has a great work environment and provides exceptional results. Everyone really works well as a team and genuinely wants to see everyone do well. The company operates with integrity and a structured training program. The advancement opportunities are endless.

Cons

Rejection. As in any sales role, we face a lot of rejection.

Advice to Management

You are all wonderful and inspire me to be better.

"Account manager"

Pros

Anyone can get an interview for the entry level job. The business professional dress code is interesting. Also a great logo

Cons

You have to work weekends and perform “door to door” marketing which is fancy for soliciting people at their homes. Extremely misleading when you apply, your starting salary is like 95% commission.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront about what the entry level position is.

"Hard Work. Amazing Culture. Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone starts in the same position.
    Fun and energetic environment.
    Multicultural
    Merit based advancement opportunity.
    Fostering professional and personal relationships.

Cons

This isn't your typical 9-5. Be prepared to work hard!

Advice to Management

Keep the promotion train rolling!

8. "Sales Account Representative"

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time

Pros

Lead based sales provided to us through our client.
    No cold calling involved. Which is pretty rare for most sales companies.
    I was able to experience advancement pretty quickly.

Cons

It was too far from me. But other than that, it was the perfect position. Sad I had to go

Advice to Management

Eric and the rest of the management team is amazing.

9. "Account Representative"

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time

Pros

TDE provided me with hands-on, real life experience of being an adult in the real world. I learned more about myself, my goals, and how I work as an individual in my 4 months there, then in my 4 years at College. The atmosphere was awesome, every individual wanted to be there, and everyone cared about how everyone else was doing personally and professionally. Eric and the other managers genuinely cared about how I was doing as a person and consistently did everything he could to help my development and growth.

Cons

This job is not for everyone- if you are interested in taking "the easy path", are lazy you will not like the environment of motivated professionals, or if you expect to get more out than you put in.

10. "Account executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Baltimore, MD

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TDE Baltimore is a sales to management training program that provides and teaches the necessary skill sets to not only be successful in business but in life. The mentoring and training that they provide to the new guys is world class and second to none. The CEO is heavily involved, extremely experienced and willing to share that knowledge with anyone that asks. He takes pride in the betterment of his employees which is why the culture is world class. By leading by example, the rest of the employees follow suit and create an environment where people actually want to come into work and help one another to achieve a common goal. The job itself teaches a little of everything to help candidates broaden their business acumen from sales, sales management, new business development, marketing, prospecting, territory management, recruiting, interviewing, training to developing others.

Cons

Hours can be long but it's worth it. Of course in any type of entrepreneurial role or job, the people that are successful are the ones that are willing to put in the time to do so.

Advice to Management

Not too much. Eric (CEO) knows exactly what he's doing. Just keep taking care of your recruiters, especially Nancy. She's the absolute best!