TDE Baltimore Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
TDE Baltimore Owner Eric Chapman
Eric Chapman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Account Representative"

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time

Pros

Lead based sales provided to us through our client.
    No cold calling involved. Which is pretty rare for most sales companies.
    I was able to experience advancement pretty quickly.

Cons

It was too far from me. But other than that, it was the perfect position. Sad I had to go

Advice to Management

Eric and the rest of the management team is amazing.

2. "Account Representative"

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time

Pros

TDE provided me with hands-on, real life experience of being an adult in the real world. I learned more about myself, my goals, and how I work as an individual in my 4 months there, then in my 4 years at College. The atmosphere was awesome, every individual wanted to be there, and everyone cared about how everyone else was doing personally and professionally. Eric and the other managers genuinely cared about how I was doing as a person and consistently did everything he could to help my development and growth.

Cons

This job is not for everyone- if you are interested in taking "the easy path", are lazy you will not like the environment of motivated professionals, or if you expect to get more out than you put in.

3. "Account executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Baltimore, MD

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TDE Baltimore is a sales to management training program that provides and teaches the necessary skill sets to not only be successful in business but in life. The mentoring and training that they provide to the new guys is world class and second to none. The CEO is heavily involved, extremely experienced and willing to share that knowledge with anyone that asks. He takes pride in the betterment of his employees which is why the culture is world class. By leading by example, the rest of the employees follow suit and create an environment where people actually want to come into work and help one another to achieve a common goal. The job itself teaches a little of everything to help candidates broaden their business acumen from sales, sales management, new business development, marketing, prospecting, territory management, recruiting, interviewing, training to developing others.

Cons

Hours can be long but it's worth it. Of course in any type of entrepreneurial role or job, the people that are successful are the ones that are willing to put in the time to do so.

Advice to Management

Not too much. Eric (CEO) knows exactly what he's doing. Just keep taking care of your recruiters, especially Nancy. She's the absolute best!

4. "Looking for a place where you can make a difference? Look no further than TDE."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Timonium, MD
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Timonium, MD

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the first things I noticed about the people that work at TDE is that everyone genuinely cares about the well-being and progression of everyone around them. The people here are motivated, driven, and frankly just fun to be around.
    The second thing I really appreciate about TDE is that I could make a difference and have influence quickly if I worked hard and really applied myself every day. I came in with no sales skills and mediocre people skills and today I find myself excelling at both. I appreciate how incredible working with everyone here at TDE has been for my personal growth and development and cannot wait to continue my partnership with all of the incredible people here.

Cons

One negative for some applicants to TDE could be challenging situations, I personally enjoy a challenge but despite the fact that there is good training at TDE I am constantly put into new challenging situations where I am learning as I go. You have to be willing to fail and grow from it.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward high performance and take great care of your employees like you have been!

5. "Account Representative"

Current Employee - Account Representative
    Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in retail for a long time, 10 years, and I was always overlooked for promotions and my hard work just was never noticed. I would be the one who came in early, left late, applied what was talked about to me in the yearly reviews. Yet I still was overlooked. In 2013, I found the place where the work I put in was returned upon. Here at TDE, if I need help, I've got it. The CEO has an open door policy and is accessible for everyone.

Cons

Everyone wants to learn and grow, but to grow does mean there are going to be times of "growing pains." When these happen, I know that I am truly learning and growing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the work!! No matter what, this is an opportunity for the people who are truly looking for one.

6. "Hard Work Pays Off Here"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The one thing that stands out the most to me about TDE is the core values of integrity and always treating people great. Since working with TDE I've seen myself grow professionally, but also personally, and I think a big part of that comes from the quality relationships that I have with with my coworkers and the management team. I feel respected and trusted at a level that I couldn't find at any of my previous positions.

Cons

TDE is a growth-based business where they expect new reps to grow quickly beyond the sales process and into more of a leadership role. The catch is that the entry level positions that they're hiring for require more time and dedication than the average entry level position would.

Advice to Management

Continue to put your people first because that's what is working for your business.

TDE Baltimore Response

Jul 6, 2017 – HR

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are growing both personally and professionally, as that is a huge part of the culture and our values. Our... More

"TERRIBLE!!!!"

Former Employee - Sales in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Former Employee - Sales in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very polite and energetic

Cons

They lie to you from the get go and clearly don't keep very good records.
    I was told this was a management in training program to help businesses advertise by consulting and aiding them. What they don't tell you, is that you're most likely a door-to-door salesman or you'll be taking YOUR OWN VEHICLE to a local Walmart to push advertising to anyone who walks in the door!!! Its an awful work schedual of 9-7 Sunday to Saturday with Thursday being the only off day. They have an hour long "meeting" in the morning which is just a bunch of "games" to get everyone pumped up. Eric was a wonderful person to meet and speak to, as was Elliot however the company is a joke. I stayed for 1 day and never went back. The real kicker is 6 months later I got a phone call from them yesterday stating that they found my resume and they think I would be a great fit for their "management in training" program. Mind you this company is also 100% commission based and when you go "in the field" you don't make any money when you work with the senior sales people since they actually pitch the sale. You're broke until you can work alone.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to potential applicants. If you can lie about what the job even is, then there is no trust and God knows what else you could be lying about. It's never how you should start off an employee- manager relationship and I really wish Elliot and Eric the best.

"Excellent Job and Opportunity!!"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Timonium, MD
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Timonium, MD

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a great atmosphere to work in. Everybody there is high energy, motivated, and happy. You get what you put in so if you are not afraid to work hard and improve you are greatly rewarded. Overall a fun job and you can find lots of success here in your career.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to look in the mirror.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Account Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is great. The office is full of friendly people that are all willing to help and lent a hand. Paid travel opportunities are available as well for high performers. Growth from within is mandated and I saw one expansion while I was there. Learned a lot in a short period of time about business and sales.

Cons

The schedule is long and intense. It doesn't leave much time for personal things. Standards and expectations are incredibly high and require a great amount of effort.

Advice to Management

Stay on the same page. Make sure that you guys are all in the loop when it comes to making decisions.

10. "Great Team Environment; Endless Growth"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I moved to Baltimore from Pittsburgh specifically for this career here. I did so because I believe so much in my growth and advancement within the company.

-The team environment is what attracted me to come here. Everyone is super helpful and went out of their way to make sure that my transition to this office was smooth and easy.

-No seniority. Whether it is your first week or you are 6 months in, everyone's input is valued and is taken seriously. This also means that you can move up quickly if you are working hard.

-Fast paced days go quickly!

Cons

Because the advancement is merit-based, there isn't time to slack off. I guess this would be a con if you weren't naturally a "go-getter", or someone with a type A personality.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The positive team environment is obviously working. I am so happy I made the move, and can't wait to continue my career here!