TDE Baltimore Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TDE Baltimore Owner Eric Chapman
Eric Chapman

1. "Excellent Job and Opportunity!!"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Timonium, MD
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Timonium, MD

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a great atmosphere to work in. Everybody there is high energy, motivated, and happy. You get what you put in so if you are not afraid to work hard and improve you are greatly rewarded. Overall a fun job and you can find lots of success here in your career.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to look in the mirror.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Account Representative"

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is great. The office is full of friendly people that are all willing to help and lent a hand. Paid travel opportunities are available as well for high performers. Growth from within is mandated and I saw one expansion while I was there. Learned a lot in a short period of time about business and sales.

Cons

The schedule is long and intense. It doesn't leave much time for personal things. Standards and expectations are incredibly high and require a great amount of effort.

Advice to Management

Stay on the same page. Make sure that you guys are all in the loop when it comes to making decisions.

3. "Staff"

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Former Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I worked at TDE Baltimore (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast promotion ability and great team environment.

Cons

Although initial promotion was quick, further promotion seemed like it was out-of-grasp for most long-time employees.

Advice to Management

6 days a week under the conditions is too much. Morale was low.

"Account Representative"

I worked at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GREAT experience, the skills i picked up here taught me how to effectively talk to others and gave me some great transferable skills.
    Working outside is nice when its nice out. no cubicals.
    everyone seemed really nice and everyone is pretty good looking

Cons

Door to door sales. they never told me this in the interview
    no work/life balance i ended up working 60 hrs and week
    100% commission, i think that can be great for attracting leaders but 100% comission in some and not ALL the training isnt fair
    too much of a male presence in the office. lots of sports talk, as a woman i felt lost listening to their sports themed morning chats
    oh also no benefits

5. "Opportunity for advancement!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Timonium, MD

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time

Pros

-Excited and motivated team
    -Realistic fast track to management
    -Professional yet fun atmosphere and work environment
    -High growth and earning potential
    -Travel opportunities across the country
    -Helpful and supportive coaching and mentoring
    -Performance and theme based bonuses
    -Great step by step proven training program
    -Ability to work with Fortune 100 companies
    -Community/ philanthropic involvement

Cons

Cannot think of an cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. "Excellent Experience"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I worked at TDE Baltimore (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work atmosphere, dedicated employees, strong training program and hands on environment

Cons

Not everyone is cut out for this job and that scares some people off, but in the end that is by design. If you're willing to work hard you will reap benefits.

Advice to Management

Management was excellent. Very good at encouragement and genuinely cares about the success and future of employees.

"Best Real Life Experience"

Former Employee - Doctor in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Doctor in Baltimore, MD

I worked at TDE Baltimore (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at the The Distinctive Edge for 2 years and i can honestly say it is the Best Experience for anyone who is looking to start up a career in the real world. I learned important communication skills centered around negotiation, team work, and how to never give up on any goal i set my mind too. i found it attracted individuals with little to no prior work experience, recent college grads, interns or anyone looking to start afresh in a new city or career. What was central about the employees was a genuine enthusiasm for people and a drive to be the best at what they put their minds to.

Cons

Well i learned if you want to be successful, you actually have to work for it...lol. So if you don't mind working hard and having fun, you would be fine.

"Door to Door Sales"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The only pro is that you might be approved of starting up a new business and receiving venture funds if you are one of the best. However this was told but never confirmed.

Cons

This job is literally a door to door sales job. You will wear a suit in the summer and winter and you are not given a company vehicle. You will drive your own car and use your own gas without compensation. They tell you that the tax write offs for using your own car are nice but a company vehicle is obviously nicer. If you are an undergraduate with no experience this may be somewhat useful for you to propel yourself into a better job; however, the job sucks and is straight up a door to door sales job. Long hours are expected (50 to 60 hours a week including every Saturday). Pay is abysmal, as you will be lucky to make 40k per year. This job is effectively useful for those who have no experience and have no applicable skills.

Advice to Management

Actually tell people that this job is a door to door sales job. You will likely decrease turnover and you will get people who actually want to do the job. The interviews are intentionally deceiving and misleading.

"The Most Valuable Position I Have Ever Held In Terms of My Professional Development"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Timonium, MD

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about working with The Distinctive Edge is that at every single step of the way I have been mentored by those who have more experience than I do and have had the opportunity to coach those who have less. The values system and culture at The Distinctive Edge is unlike anywhere else I have ever been and it fosters one of the best team environments. Since starting I have not only learned sales, but how to conduct professional interviews, train and develop new hires and most importantly teach them to do what I can already do. My ability to move up in the company is based solely on my own performance.

Whether someone is simply looking for experience in business or for a career The Distinctive Edge will help.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything negative about The Distinctive Edge. I enjoy the Team Environment and the opportunity for continually personal development

"Team Lead: Gaining hands on experience, business fundamentals and how it apply to them to the business world."

Current Employee - Team Lead in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I have been working at TDE Baltimore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a team lead I have many responsibilities, these include but are not limited to sales, training, data entry, interviewing and individual and group presentations. I am constantly preforming different tasks and my day goes by very quickly. My growth within the company is based off of my merit and ability to help others. I am excited to be apart of a marketing and sales company that cares about creating lasting relationship with their clients and employees.

Cons

I can't come up with anything I don't like about this company. I believe in merit based growth and working hard for the life you want.