Cover image for TDI Technologies

77 Comments

Tech

559.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=TDI Technologies~1723284
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about TDI Technologies? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with TDI Technologies employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Culture and Agility

Dec 21, 2022 - Program Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

During my second week working with TDI Technologies, one of my long-time “dream job” companies (a large, well-known aerospace company) reached out to me regarding a Logistics Program Management position I had applied for about a week before TDI’s recruiter, Charles, first called to screen me for an interview. I responded to them by logging into my applicant profile and withdrew my application! It felt pretty good to turn down a big/successful company like them, knowing that I found a more rewarding place to settle in and grow with. Sure, the big company may have paid more, but I’m certain they would not be able to match the culture and agility of TDI. In a relatively short time, TDI has shown me there is so much more to success and growing professionally than the numbers on a paycheck. The flexibility, autonomy, and team-oriented atmosphere TDI has genuinely displayed in my first month is proof-positive I made the right choice! Everyone from Charles to the HR team to my supervisor to the C-suite executives all march to the same drumbeat!

Cons

Not necessarily a "down-side", but more nature of the beast if you're working on a DOD Contract.... you've got to have a lot of patience in the beginning. There are a number of DoD and Navy mandated training modules (some of which overlap a lot of information) you must complete before you are eligible to be issued a Common Access Card and, if required for your role, a government issued laptop. However, I will say the hold up is typically on the government side of the house and for good reason... a lot of checks and balances take place to ensure controlled information remains, well... controlled! On the TDI side of the equation, everyone is very responsive and quick to help. All that said, if you approach your role with a sense of commitment, ownership, and passion, you can find ways to contribute to both your team and your customer while waiting for the big machine to do it's thing.

Human Resources

Wow! Thank you for your palpable enthusiasm for TDI and its mission to support the US Navy! Looks like you've found a home here with us, and I couldn't be happier for you!

2. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Sep 14, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked with a senior leadership team that treats me as a person before a corporate asset like TDI does. Work-Life balance is a priority in the company culture, and I have been afforded opportunities to care for immediate and extended family due to my flexible work hours.

Cons

Sometimes working from home can be isolating. I miss seeing everyone but considering the time and money I save by cutting out a daily commute, it's not something I can complain about.

Human Resources

TDI is proud to support our people. The only way to run a thriving company is to make sure all of our employees are thriving in their work and their personal lives.

3. Join the TDI Technologies team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Glad I am on this team!

Sep 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Positive attitude and culture. -Working together on a team to accomplish goals. -Lots of opportunities for employee engagement. -Work/life balance is actually possible and encouraged here. -Always feel well informed of the direction we are headed.

Cons

Sometimes teams can be spread out geographically but they do a lot to engage everyone on the team and as part of the larger overall company.

Human Resources

We are glad you are on this team too!

5. 4.0

Great place to work

Jul 14, 2022 - Configuration Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong leadership, great work being done and team members are valued. Great benefits and pay.

Cons

Some work locations are at a shipyard.

Human Resources

We will continue to offer the best compensation and benefits possible to attract and retain top talent... like you!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

Feb 18, 2022 - Algorithm Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for out of college. Work is engaging, coworkers are pleasant and upper management is reasonable.

Cons

Pay was slightly below par

1 person found this review helpful

Director, Human Resources

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am glad you find the work to be engaging and your coworkers are pleasant! TDI takes great pride in offering competitive compensation and benefits. We also offer flexible working schedules and opportunities to grow professionally. We have just completed our annual Performance Appraisals and Merit Increases for 2022. TDI also offers a Tuition Reimbursement Program as well as Professional Development and Training!

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work

Sep 15, 2021 - Systems Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

TDI is very supportive of it's employees.

Cons

I have nothing bad at all to say at all about the company.

Human Resources

The best people make this organization what it is today and what we will be in the future!

8. 5.0

Great company, great culture

Sep 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, great benefits, great place to work

Cons

I do not have anything negative to report

Director, Human Resources

TDI appreciates you taking time to share with others your personal experience as an employee who has worked at TDI 3-4 years. TDI is certified as a Great Place to Work based on survey results from our employees. We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development opportunities!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 4, 2021 - Project Manager in Phila, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well respected Contractor, Great pay and benefits

Cons

I have no cons to mention about this company

Director, Human Resources

TDI takes great pride in offering competitive compensation and benefits. We also offer flexible working schedules and opportunities to grow professionally. We have just completed our annual Performance Appraisals and Merit Increases for 2021. TDI also offers a Tuition Reimbursement Program as well as Professional Development and Training!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

A company that puts people first

Oct 5, 2020 - Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

TDI Technologies is a small company, currently only 85 employees, so when I help bring new people onboard I am happy to tell applicants so wonderful stories about our people and how they support each other. For example: 1) When I had no vacation days left but my mother was having surgery out-of-state, i received no push-back from management. "Get out of here and take care of your mother" was the message I received from my supervisors. 2) A new hire suffered a terrible fire in their apartment and lost most of their possessions just the day prior to their very first day at work. Even though this new employee had not met any of the TDI team besides myself, TDI stepped up to help without hesitation. The very day we heard the news, two of our senior management drove a $500 gift card to help her get back on her feet. Our employees raised over $400 and collected everything from bedding and toys for their young children. 3) When COVID-19 shut down the economy in March 2020, our CEO suggested we manufacture face shields to help protect healthcare workers at Temple University Hospital. This was done as a charitable effort, free-of-charge. We started by manufacturing this vital PPE in our conference room, but soon moved our operations to a warehouse in Conshohocken. Our employees stepped up to volunteer right away, and over a two month span provided 6,200 life-saving face shields. One college student who distinguished themselves by returning many times to help in this effort has recently been given a paid internship with TDI. This company is run and staffed by ethical, good-hearted people. As the sole recruiter for this company, it is my goal to attract people of a similar mindset to join us.

Cons

I have not had any derogatory experiences during my 2 years at TDI.

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for providing examples of experiences at TDI that demonstrate our culture and our focus on work-life balance. We appreciate your positive feedback!

11. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

New Technologies + Great Teammates + Excellent work-life balance

Oct 25, 2020 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tons of growth since 2018. New projects with promising technologies. The company really treats you like family and you never have to work an hour over 40 per week.

Cons

Navy Yard is very old

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback regarding TDI’s growth and technologies. We are pleased to share that our growth has continued throughout 2020, despite the Pandemic. TDI takes great pride in our culture and values the work-life balance for all employees. We are proud to say, that we have been named to the Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces list - #15 and we are certified as a Great Place to Work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews