TDIndustries Reviews | Glassdoor

TDIndustries Reviews

Updated Jan 9, 2020

3.6
TDIndustries CEO Harold MacDowell (no image)
Harold MacDowell
Pros
  • "Servant leadership is followed here(in 10 reviews)

• "Working at an employee-owned company (or Partner-owned in TD's case) brings so many benefits(in 9 reviews)

1. "TDIndustries"

Former Employee - Safety Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at TDIndustries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

TD really cared about my growth and a leader and worked to really provide the training I needed to get to where I want to be

Cons

It was a hard choice to leave.

TDIndustries2019-12-18
  2. "Ok but beware of recruiter sales pitch."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at TDIndustries full-time for less than a year

Pros

They gave me a good wage, but definitely felt awkward about it and felt disliked because of it. A couple of nice people, but not all of them like they try to sell to you. Coffee/tea and sometimes snacks.

Cons

Mega type A personalities (pretty sure it’s a disease) you must deal with and no room for an inch or a half inch of flexibility to the point that no one wants to say anything because they are afraid of getting fired or reprimanded. They all think it, they just don’t say it. First impression on my first day wasn’t good at reception. Now that I think of it, I noticed how rude the front desk lady was when I came for my interview but I ignored it. For a company that speaks so highly of how friendly they are why would they have someone like that greeting visitors? No one is chatty really they all keep to themselves and I didn’t feel particularly welcomed. You’d be right to keep to yourself though because when I expressed concern about a surprising reaction I got from my manager about asking someone (who has done my job before) for help I got my head bitten off. My manager wanted to work from home that day, so I asked someone who was in the office. It was a completely uncalled for response and only shows that you have some weird sense of control you can’t shake. Not the kind of role I want to be in. Anyway, I mentioned this to another superior and then all of a sudden they have secret meetings about it and plan to fire me. Sounds dreadful doesn’t it? I can’t believe they say they value diversity and building relationships. I’m not sure what they view as diverse because it’s definitely not happening there. And how is going behind others backs (when asked not to) building and maintaining relationships? These are some of their “values.” Is it that hard to develop solutions to your training program that you want to fire someone for voicing a concern about your method of teaching? Is this why no one wants to work in that position? Just questions to ask yourself. Also, I’d like to add that the paid time off is awful the first year and other companies offer so much better. I feel like I was duped by the recruiter. I even asked in the prescreen and he assured me it was all good. Best advice is if you are a traditional admin or executive assistant you will most likely not be happy there.

TDIndustries2020-01-10
  3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TDIndustries full-time for more than a year

Pros

Been with TD about 1 year and feel fortunate to work here. There is a strong culture of servant leadership which is not just lip service. Servant Leadership and our core values show up daily in meetings and interactions with all Partners (employees). There are a lot of advancement opportunities and TD invests heavily into training and development. Our CEO truly embodies our values.

Cons

I can't think of any

TDIndustries2019-12-10

"Sad happenings at TD."

Former Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX

I worked at TDIndustries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some good benefits and many coworkers are great.

Cons

Management making decisions doesn’t have experience for the service side of TD. Service is required to do outrageous things to help the construction side look good. They do not care about their customers. Good people leaving or being pushed out. Where are the core values they like to shove down everybody’s throats??? Customers leaving at an alarming rate.

TDIndustries2019-10-25
  5. "Great Environment"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator

I have been working at TDIndustries full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is phenomenal.

Cons

I can't think of any.

TDIndustries2019-08-21

"Left Disappointed"

Former Employee - Administrative in Austin, TX

I worked at TDIndustries full-time

Pros

Benefits and can learn new skills.

Cons

I left dissatisfied with culture & management. Low trust. Many other jobs available with companies that value people. Many leaving Austin office & others, maybe for same reason.

TDIndustries2019-07-14

"Not much growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Administrative Team in Austin, TX

I worked at TDIndustries full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture open cubicles Independent work Management is relaxed about work attire

Cons

Very low team support no training is ever available but you are expected to do a great job.. favortisim feedback is not listened too

TDIndustries2019-07-09
  8. "Great culture and work environment - There are many opportunities for advancement and it's a true team atmosphere."

I have been working at TDIndustries full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee-owned! Working at an employee-owned company (or Partner-owned in TD's case) brings so many benefits. It's obviously great for retirement savings, but it also plays a factor into the positive culture where everyone at TD really does feel and act like an owner. Everyone works together to get the job done. TD has a history of impressive projects, and it's exciting to see new jobs such as the work at Globe Life Field taking shape. I'm proud to say my company has had a hand in so many notable projects.

Cons

Don't really have any. I enjoy my job and the people I interact with on a daily basis.

TDIndustries2019-06-05
  9. "Excellent company culture and great people to work with every day!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at TDIndustries full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training and development, positive atmosphere to work in every day. People willing to help and support your success.

Cons

Understanding the business as its a new industry for me.

TDIndustries2019-05-08

"Great Company! Honest, Open and Solid Core Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TDIndustries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Family Atmosphere - Safety Focused - Excellent Benefits (pay, medical, dental, 401k, ESOP) - Military / Veteran Support

Cons

- Construction Jobsite Locations (distance) - Connection to other Geographies

TDIndustries2019-05-03

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 85 reviews