TDK Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kristin Tucker

1. "Best firm in town!"

Pros

TDK takes personal interest in their employees, practices open-book management so we know what's going on in the company, and has a great bonus program to share the earnings with their employees.

Cons

Communication can always be better...

2. "Network Engineer"

Current Contractor - Network Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Contractor - Network Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TDK Technologies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The Account Managers work hard to provide a good experience for their consultants. The communicate well with both the consultants and with their business accounts.

Cons

They don't always have good idea what Salaries should be offered in certain positions.

Advice to Management

To keep up with current salaries on job positions.

3. "TDK- great experience so far."

Pros

The environment is great. It is a small, close-nit team. Everyone is very open and supportive. There is something new every day, so it is great if you like variety.

Cons

Some clashing between Business Development and Recruiting. The job descriptions given from clients are not always clear, so the expectations can change fairly frequently.

"Solid and team-based"

Current Employee - Java Developer in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at TDK Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Knowledgable and welcoming team members, especially on the Projects side of the business. Great flexibility both in days off and working from home. Excellent benefits package, including vision as well as health and dental on medical. Really backs up their contractors if there's an issue at client sites.

Cons

Despite professing to use open-book management, does not give employees a lot of insight into management's view or expected upcoming jobs. Recruiters change repeatedly. Does not put as much money into their hardware as expected for a tech company.

Advice to Management

If you want to brag on transparency, follow through and let people see what's coming! Update the office computers.

"Best consulting company in town by far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at TDK Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TDK Technologies employs people who are passionate about their careers. The leadership staff and management team are engaged at every level of the organization. Each person is encouraged to grow and develop into industry leaders. Individuals are challenged and management looks for ways to continually tap into the resources they have with their current team and offer opportunities for personal and professional development. Their business model is centered around partnership both with clients and candidates. They understand that making a good match goes well beyond a skill set match.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

7. "Best I've worked with in STL"

Pros

I've had a very positive experience with TDK Technologies. I have worked with recruiters in the past and none have satisfied me on all levels like TDK has. They establish a strong rapport with the client and it is evident that they work very hard on behalf of their consultants. Additionally, they offer outstanding benefits. In my experience, other recruiting agencies either don't offer any benefits or their benefits pale in comparison. I am very happy with my current placement and I am pleased to be working with TDK.

Cons

Nothing negative to speak of

8. "Average company until you are no longer of use"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at TDK Technologies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits
    Prompt responses when reaching out to office
    Quarterly bonuses (very small)

Cons

All about the bottom line with contractors - no compassion for work/life balance

Advice to Management

Evaluate your benefits package to include those with unexpected life events instead of just leaving people to figure out how to support their family with no assistance.

9. "Fantastic Company that cares about its employees"

Current Employee - Project Manager - Consultant in Earth City, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager - Consultant in Earth City, MO

I have been working at TDK Technologies full-time

Pros

My experience with TDK has been extremely fulfilling. As a first-time consultant, I was understandably hesitant to get into the world of consulting, in an already unsteady job market. However, they put my mind at ease immediately and ensured that I was taken care of in every sense of the word. The staff is amazingly friendly and knowledgeable, the compensation rates and benefit package are five star. For anyone considering whether or not to get into the consulting business, TDK would be an excellent choice.

Cons

The ONLY con I can think of (and this is stretching it) is that they only currently place consultants in West County. Being from South City, it made for quite the drive every day. I would hope they would expand their client base to include more Saint Louis area IT companies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - and maybe try to expand business toward the city. Otherwise, change nothing. You guys are amazing.

10. "Great Consulting Opportunity"

Current Contractor - Senior Programmer Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Contractor - Senior Programmer Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TDK Technologies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Management tries to stay connected with the Consultants. Benefit packages are some of the best in the area.

Cons

Dental package is overpriced. Opportunities to move around between companies that have contract positions is limited.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

11. "I enjoy being a part of a great company that strives to bring value to the company and the clients."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TDK Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am very impressed they embrace the Great Game of Business and involve their employees in the financials of the business. Most companies are afraid to open themselves up for review.

Cons

We don't see all the other employees often since we all work away at the client sites.