TDS Telecommunications Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TDS Telecommunications President & CEO Dave Wittwer
Dave Wittwer

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, competitive pay (in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits and an employee-minded workplace (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the upper management is too old school; they need to learn current management techniques to attract and keep good employees (in 5 reviews)

• Same call center BS you find everywhere else (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love my Job..."

Current Employee - Account Mange in Whitestown, IN
    Current Employee - Account Mange in Whitestown, IN

I have been working at TDS Telecommunications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TDS is a great company with people that care about your success and care about there customers.

Cons

I have not fun any only thing would be great if I could sell in whole market.

Advice to Management

The leadership is great and care about our successes.

2. "I love working at TDS!"

Current Employee - Consumer Sales Representative in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Consumer Sales Representative in Madison, WI

I have been working at TDS Telecommunications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my first call center and with my supervisor and sales coach's helping me to improve I've been successful as a rep and gotten a lot of opportunities to grow and expand my possibilities in the company.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. Everything here is merit based, so if you show up with a willingness to work you will have plenty of opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your employees and helping them to grow when they show a desire to.

3. "TDS"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Vernon Hills, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at TDS Telecommunications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people. Kept employees up to date with good training for systems and product offerings. Local office was very involved in community.

Cons

Limited territory to provide products and services. Many local offices closed or downsized. Now at minimum local staff to support local customers.

4. "Sales Engineer"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at TDS Telecommunications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They let you come in 45 minutes late, take two hour lunches and then leave an hour early.

Cons

Revenues are decreasing due to cell phones.

5. "A great company to work for!!!!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Estes Park, CO
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Estes Park, CO

I have been working at TDS Telecommunications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome benefit package! Good mix of customer service skills and sales opportunities. Good, quality cable TV, phone, and internet - nice customers.

Cons

I really can't think of any. I like my job!

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Bend, OR

I have been working at TDS Telecommunications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really value their employees. Pay is good with wonderful benefits. Unlike like most companies, they understand when life puts you in a bind. They work with you rather than scold you for being human.

Cons

The job itself can be stressful. But that is the job. not the company.

7. "Truly the Best"

Current Employee - Administrative in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Administrative in Madison, WI

I have been working at TDS Telecommunications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before I accepted my current position with TDS, I had worked for small companies my whole life and I was a bit intimidated by the thought of working for a Fortune 500 company. After my first couple days, I realized that coming to work here was the best work decision I've ever made. It may be an incredibly large company, but it feels like a close family organization where everyone is here to support and encourage you. You are never stuck in your position if you want to move up as one of the founding principles of TDS is to grow and learn. Everyone is treated with the greatest amount of respect and others are always just an IM, e-mail, phone call, or short walk away if you need any questions answered. TDS is NOT your typical stuffy corporation where you are chained to your desk and have co-workers who put you down for their own gain. TDS supports their employees and wants to do their absolute best by their customers. If a fellow employee is having a rough time due to illness or accident, TDS will start a donation for that employee. If you want to volunteer for a cause, TDS will pay you to go volunteer (up to a certain amount of hours of course). I can't say enough wonderful things about this company and all of the great things that it has done for me in my career and personal development.

Cons

There really isn't much down side here. If you have a difficult time working in cubes, this might be the biggest 'con'. However, we are surrounded by windows and in 90% of the building you will be near natural light. Personal opinion, all of the other pros outweigh this fact.

Advice to Management

Keep up the personal connections with each employee, the awesome community outreach, and the comfortable work style. These are all great motivations to make me want to work harder and do even better.

"If you enjoy being lied to with little or no advancement and below industry wages this place is for you."

Former Employee - BUSINESS ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - BUSINESS ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT in Plymouth, MI

I worked at TDS Telecommunications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great technology and fantastic support from corporate. Corporate life in Madison, WI seems to be very developed but local offices run with their own autonomy and it is a truly bad atmosphere.

Cons

Terrible local management that corporate continues to embrace and has for many years. Local management lied to me from day one about positions, wages (both potential and realistic) and will throw anyone under the bus for professional interests or gain. Absolutely no sense of family at the local level. Lots of back stabbing that has gone on for years but corporate refuses to do anything about the local manager due to her connectivity with key managers.

Advice to Management

Clean house at local offices especially with managers that seem to be entrenched in positions that have very poor management skills. Have regional management communicate with field personnel more closely about issues that affect everyone.

TDS Telecommunications Response

Mar 8, 2017 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

TDS is committed to the TDS Business Code of Conduct which includes guiding principles and high expectations and standards of behavior for all employees. Our Company provides very competitive ... More

9. "Great company, flexible schedule, unlimited earning potential."

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Saint George, UT
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Saint George, UT

I have been working at TDS Telecommunications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, uncapped commissions, credits towards TV, Phone, and internet services, full benefits, 401K. Work at your own pace, great coworkers, and great supervisor. Company treats you like a person, not a number, you are valued.

Cons

Some procedures do not work out the best. Behind the times on somethings, need updates to work procedures, to work more efficiently.

Advice to Management

Provide tablets or iPads with ability to enter orders directly from them, make order process better.

10. "Company great just not Farragut, TN office"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Farragut, TN
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Farragut, TN

I worked at TDS Telecommunications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay and Benefits. Job security

Cons

Local manager allows drinking on company time

Advice to Management

Fix Farragut office - Huge turnover rate

TDS Telecommunications Response

Dec 1, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

TDS is committed to the TDS Business Code of Conduct which includes guiding principles and high expectations and standards of behavior for all employees. An allegation such as this is very ... More