TE Connectivity Reviews | Glassdoor

Terrence Curtin

1,046 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "High work loads and poor work life balance" (in 22 reviews)

• "A little heavy in middle and upper management- big company" (in 40 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Procurement"

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best asset at TE is its people. Virtually every projects requires to work in a team environment. Lot’s of talent.

Cons

Certain areas are overloaded which slows down the progress on projects. Too many controls and systems are not standardized accross the corporation. Many BU’s still not on SAP

Advice to Management

Simplify processes & tools. Too many layers of top Senior Management and not enough 1st & 2nd level managers.

2. "Great Company"

Pros

Everyone was very nice and helpful

Cons

Sometimes was bored because there was not much work

3. "TE Tullahoma? I for one LOVE working here."

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time

Pros

The benefits on the corporate side are awesome. I love the flexibility in the hours/schedule they allow me to work within. I love the challenges I am faced with on a weekly bases and I really like the atmosphere and people who I am surrounded with.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of a single one. Its hard to put a negative face on something when really everything about my job is positive.

Advice to Management

Keep working towards getting things on the digital side and things will continue to go smoothly for the plant as a whole. Everything in this world is going digital and the sooner it happens in Tullahoma the better. Also keep the excellent positive attitude you have towards the plants outlook and the skies the limits.

4. "Kick Back Place To Work"

Former Employee - Medical Device Assembly in Wilsonville, OR
    Former Employee - Medical Device Assembly in Wilsonville, OR

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Sit and work, only get up for breaks, lunch, bathroom, ect.
    - 3 stretching sessions a day to not be sitting all day
    - Amazing people to work with
    - Great pay for entry level job

Cons

Comments:
    - They are strict with timing, meaning be there on time to work, ect...
    - Meetings every morning

"Employees are great, management and employer are horrible."

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees are very knowledgeable and very nice.

Cons

Low wages, for me it was really sad to see how they treat their employees. It is a Vietnamese sweat shop. They pay low wages because they will not stand up to the company so they take complete advantage of them. Which in return they take advantage of every race that works for them. They have horrible benefits. You pay around $5000+ year to have them and another $8000+ for your deductible. So if you have health problems you are screwed. They don’t pay enough for you to even have a chance to get health care.

Advice to Management

Don’t treat your employees like they are stupid. Grow some balls and fight back to get better wages for your employees.

6. "Product Development Engineer"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Co-Op
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Co-Op

Pros

Honestly the best internship/co-op I could ask for. I had four other internships/co-ops with four other companies and none could beat TE. I suppose it is because I enjoyed the role so much but TE was flexible with me and accommodated me in my time of need. Team is great and the location grew on me. This internship/co-op really propelled me to the other opportunities I later came across. Had I started somewhere else, I probably wouldn't have received those offers from other companies; companies that aren't even in the same field or sector. I still talk to the team once a while and even have friends that went on to get full-time offers.

Cons

Really nothing to complain about. Enjoyed coming into work everyday to learn and contribute.

7. "Quality"

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time

Pros

Big company perks
    Good compensation

Cons

To much political hierarchy makes things harder to get done

Advice to Management

try to keep the good talent

"Vice President"

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time

Pros

Very Good Technology and Manufacturing

Cons

Management Team lacks experience and vision

"It's all in who you know."

Former Employee - Engineer in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Engineer in Greensboro, NC

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits (Health, Dental, vacation) are fairly standard for a major company. Not exceptional but better than other smaller companies. Also work/ life balance is usually very good and Managers are generally understanding of family / employees needs.

Cons

Even though the Company is large, it is very hard to make lateral moves and it is very easy to become "stuck" in one spot. Promotions are extremely rare even if for example you receive solid performance reviews, have multiple patents and corporate awards. If you are in a department where the management structure does not promote it's performers then you're in a spot. Speaking only for my business division, engineers were very rarely rewarded or promoted. Managers seem to have very tight "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" buddy system going on and if you were not in the club, no matter how much you brought to the table for TE, you were pretty much relegated to a standard 2% merit increase and told you need to go work harder in some area. Unless of course you were in the club then I've seen multiple promotions in a very unrealistic time frame compared to others. I'm sorry but when your department has 5 employees under the same manager leave in under two years you would think a company would clue in= there may be an issue? Not TE. They seem to promote those Managers even higher. TE seems to be totally blind to internal personnel dynamics and how this affects productivity and morale of employees honestly working to produce for the company.

Advice to Management

TE has the department numbers, statistics, and exit interviews of it's former employees. If they really care about growing productive, happy employees I would suggest taking a look. The data is already there. Advice is not what's needed, a serious look at departments and real employee satisfaction input needs to take place. Note: Comments pertain to TE Division which has now converted to Commscope. Some former managers still with TE, some with Commscope.

10. "Financial Analyst"

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time

Pros

Work life balance, Ability to work remote, Salary, Yearly performance bonus

Cons

Health insurance. Only have the plan that you pay 100% out of pocket until you meet a crazy deductible. TE does compensate you around $750 a year but that is basically one or two doctors appointment. Premiums still were high to have to pay for doctor visits 100% out of pocket. Prescriptions were not covered unless they were preventative.

Showing 1,046 of 1,143 reviews