TE Connectivity "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

TE Connectivity Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 14, 2019

Found 1275 reviews

3.5
TE Connectivity CEO Terrence Curtin
Terrence Curtin
Pros
Cons
  • "follow through on initiatives from upper management(in 42 reviews)

• "Some business units like Industrial are playing lip service to inclusion efforts(in 38 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Business Development Analyst in Berwyn, PA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Their work culture is amazing with a perfect work life balance. They respect employees and appreciate their work

Cons

Analyst salaries are not competing enough

TE Connectivity2019-04-17

"Good company; some pockets of poor leadership"

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pros: CEO. 401k plan. Well-diversified amongst industries.

Cons

Cons: In several divisions, doesn't actually "walk the talk" when it comes to several key aspects of what it espouses (job rotation, managers respecting their employees, product and service quality for customers, etc.). Very little work/life balance for senior managers and above. Work 24/7 expectations.

Advice to Management

You have a few leaders who should be admonished for the way they treat people. Although this gets reported to HR, some within the HR group clearly defend the company first rather than its people.

TE Connectivity2019-01-13

"Constant resturcturing"

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Pay is great - Team members are typically great people - Opportunity to learn about different industries, move to different functions if you are one of the fortunate high performers

Cons

- Known to lay employees off when things get rough, then be short staffed when the market improves - Lack of security in all roles due to constant restructuring - Terrible Talent Management system where only high performers are considered for promotions/lateral moves - Medical deductibles are very high, most people have a hard time affording costs - Culture of Upper level management needs to be adjusted. If one... person doesn't like you, you might as well find a new job - Terrible work life balance, prepared to be on call 100% of the time

TE Connectivity2019-01-09

"Engineer"

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time

Pros

Top notch manufacturing capability. Top notch product portfolio. Open-minded and friendly work environment. Encourages out-of-the-box thinking. Good work life balance. Heavily invested into R&D.

Cons

Medical benefits can improve. Not many cons that I can think of.

TE Connectivity2018-11-16

"It's all in who you know."

Former Employee - Engineer in Greensboro, NC

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits (Health, Dental, vacation) are fairly standard for a major company. Not exceptional but better than other smaller companies. Also work/ life balance is usually very good and Managers are generally understanding of family / employees needs.

Cons

Even though the Company is large, it is very hard to make lateral moves and it is very easy to become "stuck" in one spot. Promotions are extremely rare even if for example you receive solid performance reviews, have multiple patents and corporate awards. If you are in a department where the management structure does not promote it's performers then you're in a spot. Speaking only for my business division,... engineers were very rarely rewarded or promoted. Managers seem to have very tight "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" buddy system going on and if you were not in the club, no matter how much you brought to the table for TE, you were pretty much relegated to a standard 2% merit increase and told you need to go work harder in some area. Unless of course you were in the club then I've seen multiple promotions in a very unrealistic time frame compared to others. I'm sorry but when your department has 5 employees under the same manager leave in under two years you would think a company would clue in= there may be an issue? Not TE. They seem to promote those Managers even higher. TE seems to be totally blind to internal personnel dynamics and how this affects productivity and morale of employees honestly working to produce for the company.

Advice to Management

TE has the department numbers, statistics, and exit interviews of it's former employees. If they really care about growing productive, happy employees I would suggest taking a look. The data is already there. Advice is not what's needed, a serious look at departments and real employee satisfaction input needs to take place. Note: Comments pertain to TE Division which has now converted to Commscope. Some former... managers still with TE, some with Commscope.

TE Connectivity2018-09-06
  6. "Financial Analyst"

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time

Pros

Work life balance, Ability to work remote, Salary, Yearly performance bonus

Cons

Health insurance. Only have the plan that you pay 100% out of pocket until you meet a crazy deductible. TE does compensate you around $750 a year but that is basically one or two doctors appointment. Premiums still were high to have to pay for doctor visits 100% out of pocket. Prescriptions were not covered unless they were preventative.

TE Connectivity2018-08-24
  7. "Good place overall"

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good place to work, interesting R&D work, good work life balance.

Cons

Very limited promotion opportunities, salary on the low side.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with their subordinates on plans and what's happening in the company on a broader scope . Discuss career path and promote employees.

TE Connectivity2018-08-22
  8. "IT"

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Company to work. Excellent work-life balance.

Cons

Entire IT department is outsourced.

TE Connectivity2018-05-22

"Strategic Sourcing Analyst"

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time

Pros

- Having different Business Units and operations in different locations, TE offers a wide variety of opportunities. - TE priorities on career path plan and growth

Cons

Work/life balance Location for some BUs

TE Connectivity2018-04-23

"Inside Account Manager"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities for advancement, great benefits, and my coworkers are awesome to work with. I love the work/life balance! My job is challenging and rewarding and I'm constantly learning something new.

Cons

Because we work in the technology industry, we face challenges to keep up with our competition to have the most innovative products. It's something that is both difficult but also exciting!

Advice to Management

I appreciate how my management team is very transparent--it's refreshing!

TE Connectivity2017-03-14