TEKsystems Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TEKsystems President Jay Alvather
Jay Alvather

Pros
  • Work/life balance is hard for anyone (in 32 reviews)

• Account manager knows how to take care of people (in 76 reviews)

1. "Helpdesk"

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor

Pros

Friendly, helpful, aware, and polite.

Cons

Once you get placed it's very hard to have an open line of communication with your recruiter. I seemed as if they didn't care once they were making commission off of me.

Advice to Management

Be consistent and open with everyone. Transparency is an important aspect key to success!

2. "So SO"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager

I have been working at TEKsystems (More than 3 years)

Pros

Money is good for what you do, flexible.

Cons

Not a decent title to go with the money. Culture is over-emphasized in words only, not deeds. People are treated like cattle. Poor communication of vision from leadership. Focused on themselves, not the customers. Very large bureaucracy.

3. "Recruiter"

I worked at TEKsystems full-time

Pros

Growth potential, most of the co-workers are good people.

Cons

Low pay to start out until you hit goals that are difficult. High stress environment with minimal control over your success. Unreasonable expectations to succeed in small markets. Lack of clear direction and communication issues internally with account managers.

Advice to Management

Ensure everyone is on the same page with the expectations, and even the playing field so favorites do not hurt the daily environment of employees

5. "They do a good sales job"

Current Contractor - Consultant in Overland Park, KS
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiters return calls and stay in communication with you.

Cons

Lower pay than other companies. No PTO. HORRIBLE benefit options. costs are high, benefits are low to non-existent. TekSystems is doing only what is mandated by ACA. It's obvious they don't care employees well-being, the only care about the money.

Advice to Management

As a consulting firm, keep up with the market and offer comparable benefits and compensation. Other firms offer PTO, and at least decent medical coverage.

6. "Senior Manager of Operations"

I worked at TEKsystems full-time

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, you used to be able to go out to lunch every day at the company's expense.

Cons

Leaders get too caught up in group think and start heading down a path damaging to their teams and the organization. Pay is horrible, healthcare coverage barely covers anything. Enormous amount of turnover leads to dedicated associates and leaders always pulling more than their fair share of the workload, high potential for burning out esp. when they don't pay well at all.

7. "I hear it's a great company everywhere except in Louisiana."

Current Employee - IT Contractor
    Current Employee - IT Contractor

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great company everywhere but Louisiana from what I've read. You're able to grow in your respective field and they keep looking for better options for you. Again that's from anywhere, but Louisiana.

Cons

In Louisiana, there is no communication with your employer. Negotiations about a pay raise is never on the table. I've never felt that they care about your well being. The only concern they'd show is if I decide to quit, they'd be losing out on money from my contract.

Advice to Management

Try to show your employee's that they're at least worth something. Instead of a phone call and asking what's up and they tell you, don't just awkwardly breath and stay silent.

8. "I wouldn't do it if other opportunities are available."

Current Contractor - Information Security Analyst
    Current Contractor - Information Security Analyst

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay but the lack of decent benefits eventually makes it not worth it. You'll be supplementing your Medical and retirement plans, which will put you on par with industry par for the pay.

Cons

Terrible medical benefits. My recruiter can't seem to be honest with me about anything. Worked a 6-month to permanent contract, and was told I would be hired on within two months after completing first contract. It's now seven months later and not hired on. TekSystems constantly tries to convince me not to take a position with the company, while the company lies about what it will take tog et me hired and when I will be hired.

Advice to Management

Lunches are not required to keep up with employees, it's nice at times but that's the only time my recruiter will talk to me unless I voice my disappointment with the process. Lies, my initial contract, and job requirements were clear, a year later I am told they were lies and I have no guarantee of permanent hire at any time now, or in the future. Prepare to be used as a cash cow.

9. "IT Recruiter"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Madison, WI

I worked at TEKsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Fun environment of mostly recent college grads (within 5 years)
    -A few people in the office make a lot of money
    -Free lunches/happy hours

Cons

-Management "fluffs" the job when interviewing you -- it is a lot harder to make good money than they make it seem
    -High turnover rate
    -Long hours, usually work from about 7:30 - 5:30
    -Stressful to hit sales numbers
    -You have to dance in front of the entire office once you fill your first open position

Advice to Management

-Management definitely has "favorite" recruiters in the office. Those recruiters get treated better than the rest. I.e. they get paired with top-performers who essentially hand candidates to them.

10. "North Jersey TEKSystems"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits were the only Pros

Cons

Recruiter and Account manager did everything they could to keep me in a position that i asked to be removed from. The culture was toxic, but as long as they got their weekly billings off me, they could not find anything else. Anything they did find was so far below the hourly rate I was making, they insured that I would not be interested in those positions.

Advice to Management

Billable hours and the 40-50% cut you take of the rate might be good for you, but for those who actually earn that money for you it is not a good situation. Listen to the contractors, put them above your greed and treat them with respect and pay them what they are worth. Will I ever take another TEK assignment....No!

11. "Bad Placement"

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor

Pros

They can get your resume in front of multiple employers quickly. When possible, they will provide insight into the interview process of an employer from other candidates that have already went through the process. Will provide recommendations on changes that will help you to improve your resume.

Cons

They seemed to be more interested in catering to the needs their clients regardless of the impact that is has on their contractors. I brought it to their attention that the job description did not match the actual job, their reaction was to say just give it more time.

Advice to Management

You must remember that not filling the career needs of your contractor’s will ultimately negatively impact your business

Showing 313 of 2,428 reviews