TELCOR Reviews

Updated Dec 13, 2019

4.0
TELCOR President and CEO Jim Terrano (no image)
Jim Terrano
  1. "Top Tier Employer in Healthcare Software"

Current Employee - Director in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

TELCOR management respects their employees and provides good direction and opportunities for employees to grow their careers while being challenged. Great teamwork, pay, and benefits!

Cons

If you are not a self starter you could get left behind. High expectations can be intimidating, but is this really a con?

Continue reading
  2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR part-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid-back atmosphere, dress code; Competitive pay; Benefits, including PTO and vacation time for part-time employees; flexible scheduling; great for college students, can do homework during down time; will cater food for employees occasionally.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi, "...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view""

Current Employee - Vice President in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

According to Shane Snow's January 27, 2018, article, My Company Is Killing Anonymous Employee Feedback–Here’s Why, featured in Fast Company, Snow makes the argument that anonymous employee feedback is counterproductive. Anonymity, while pertinent to some platforms such as voting, can also be a vehicle for frustrated employees and former employees to vent without ever having to take ownership of what they did or did not do to contribute or solve the problem. Sound familiar? Before putting too much stake in anonymous reviews, I encourage you to read Snow’s article.

Cons

Anonymous reviews are pointless unless you are going to take control of your life and speak up.

4. "Working as a Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was hired to be a team member working in C# .Net, engineering enterprise software and related projects. All of the staff are quality people who are not only highly skilled, but agile and professional. Leadership owns responsibility, but also delegates responsibility. We use modern tools. We are allowed to embrace modern processes and techniques. Since leadership knows software engineering, management of the various projects includes an agile approach. The work environment is relaxed. The benefits are good. I am very happy, working here.

Cons

There are very few cons; working in an open environment is a bit distracting at times, but there are ways to minimize distractions.

5. "Sr S/W Engr"

I worked at TELCOR full-time

Pros

excellent people and work life balance

Cons

none, they are a great company

6. "TELCOR employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company and great vision for short term and long term growth and success. Management drives you and challenges you on daily basis. Always many opportunities to learn and grow professionally. Great pay and benefits especially for Lincoln, NE

Cons

None, great company with casual dress at the office

7. "Hard work and loyalty is not rewarded. Very disappointed in company direction and environment."

2.0
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at TELCOR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary and benefits are good. Open office environment is nice, but sometimes difficult to work in. Reward inexperience and questionable character. Casual dress code.

Cons

Loyalty and hard work are not rewarded. What is rewarded is poor performance and questionable character. Poor communication from the top down. No one truly knows what is going on in organization. Lack of transparency.

8. "Analyst"

Software Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR

Pros

Wonderful place to work. Everyone is very nice and makes coming to work fun. Great environment with strong, smart individuals to work side by side with to make the company that much better.

Cons

There is nothing I can say bad about the company.

"Everything is not always as it seems"

I have been working at TELCOR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours, relaxed dress code, competitive pay, tuition assistance, wellness benefits (yoga, yearly personal education credit, gym membership incentive). Management does recognize hard work by providing compensation and/or bonuses. Majority of employees are friendly and helpful. Employee events that promote interaction between departments.

Cons

I used to believe that everything was great, but as time goes on you begin to learn more about the negative aspects. Morale has been declining for quite some time. Communication is lacking, not only within the department, but between departments. There are times when a face-to-face meeting would go over better than a lengthy email exchange where it's difficult to read the tone of the sender. Expectations are not always clearly defined. Executive management has to have a hand in every project no matter how small it is. Changes that directly affect employees aren't communicated with them, but are done in a secretive manner and then presented without warning or without consideration for the employee's feelings about the change.

Continue reading

"Relaxed environment, great benefits"

I have been working at TELCOR

Pros

The work environment is very relaxed. Overall, everyone that works there is really friendly and great to work with. The company does a lot to keep employees engaged. I love all of the healthy aspects the company implements!

Cons

The communication between departments, at times, seems laking. It seems that there has been a lot of turnover within the last year. There are a lot of individuals that have worked there for many years, and this can cause new employees to feel intimidated.

Found 30 reviews