TELCOR Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jim Terrano

1. "TELCOR employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company and great vision for short term and long term growth and success. Management drives you and challenges you on daily basis. Always many opportunities to learn and grow professionally. Great pay and benefits especially for Lincoln, NE

Cons

None, great company with casual dress at the office

2. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Software Analyst in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Software Analyst in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Wonderful place to work. Everyone is very nice and makes coming to work fun. Great environment with strong, smart individuals to work side by side with to make the company that much better.

Cons

There is nothing I can say bad about the company.

"Easy to identify those that provide "very dissatisfied" reviews..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best thing about working at TELCOR is the people. I look forward to coming to work everyday and actually miss my coworkers when I am on vacation. Management and the executives/owners are not just glossy photos in an annual report, but people that care deeply about the company, its products and employees. Savolainen (2000) argued that leadership is a crucial factor for sustainable and successful change in an organization, especially a change in the pursuit of excellence. The leadership of TELCOR is proof in point of his research.

Cons

From my perspective, policy and personnel concerns are not addressed nearly as fast as I would like, but I do not think that is a true "con". It shows that decisions regarding policy and employees are weighed carefully before action is taken.

"Above average pay, below average treatment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a quality product and a casual dress code. The first couple months working here are great but then it starts to go downhill and you start to wonder if the pay is worth being stressed out every day in the office. A service position might be OK but stay away from sales, marketing, accounting and software development unless you like being micromanaged.

Cons

Working with the executive team is the worst part and you have to work with them on just about everything.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and give your employees freedom.

"Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time

Pros

This is the first place I have worked that makes me feel like I truly matter. I have never worked anywhere where I have received more positive feedback than constructive criticism. I feel like my supervisor is constantly going out of her way to make sure I know she appreciates everything I do.

The dress code is amazing - there really isn't one. TELCOR provides Yoga for us during work hours twice a week, we have great benefits (matching 401k, HSA contribution, gym membership reimbursement, great health plan). I feel the compensation is very competitive.

I have never been happier and hope I never have to leave.

Cons

I honestly can't come up with any cons off the top of my head.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing as the company continues to grow and the employees will remain thankful and working hard for you.

"Glad to be a TELCORite"

Current Employee - Sales in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Sales in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have had the good fortune to work at TELCOR for many years. My experience with TELCOR and its executives reflects mutual loyalty and respect between employee and employer that isn't often seen today. The executives exemplify the work ethic that they expect from others. No one is asked to do more than they do. I have found them to be extremely supportive and understanding when family matters require attention.

The passionate attitude throughout TELCOR results in the highest customer satisfaction in the industry. It is a privilege to be in the field and to hear the compliments directed at our employees and service. We are that company that actually listens to the customer.

Along with the high expectations, there are high rewards in the form of compensation, benefits and personal growth. Through the Wellness Program, physical and mental fitness is encouraged and accessible.

TELCOR is a collection of unique people who come together as a team. The team's passion can make things spirited, but ultimately this results in better products and services. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Cons

No on-site showers.

Advice to Management

An annual business meeting with employees only would be welcomed.

"Work Hard and Get Rewarded"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for a Fortune 500 company in sales for 7 years previous to TELCOR. I went to sales training, workshops, mentoring programs and internal sales meetings ad nauseam. I learned more in one month about sales at TELCOR, then I did my entire time at the other company.

The Owners, C-Level, SVP's and management are very interested in you becoming the best you can be. They want you to grow and prosper at this company and the only way you can do that is to challenge yourself and learn from their and your experiences. If you are honest with your work ethic and challenge yourself to be the best, you are recognized for it and rewarded.

They don't accept that a process or procedure is perfect . Everything is evolving and needs reevaluation. They constantly review strategy and protocol in order to change with the times as well as learn from what works and what doesn't. Our customers benefit from that because our solution changes with the times and needs to. Refreshing to say the least.

As an aside, this is the most diverse work environment I have ever been in.

Cons

If you don't believe in challenging yourself or you expect mediocrity in a job, this place is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding your employees for their efforts. Keep mentoring your teams.

"the best employer I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can not state enough how much I appreciate the type of employer TELCOR is. They are professional, caring, business-driven people who put integrity and valuing their customers and employees above all other things. Aside from the outstanding benefits, the work environment is unlike any I have ever worked for...the entire team is helpful, caring and go out of your way to not only help but to make you feel valued.

Cons

I can only say I wish I would have found TELCOR several years ago.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow a culture with care, integrity and custom service as the focus; it's working great!

"Exciting, challenging, and high-level technical environment! Company focused on continual growth!"

Current Employee - Technical in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Technical in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Open environment allows interaction between teams. Extremely intelligent, talented and hardworking people! We work hard to put out a quality product and meet deadlines (late night emails will be answered from the bottom up - expect to get a response from your VP at 02:00) - but we counter the stress levels with humor. We enjoy downtime with each other during company parties, lunchtime socials (e.g. Husker barbecues), and FACs.

All personnel are held at standards to operate on a high level. Executive management continually reviews process and protocol to improve the company and personnel. Hierarchy allows interaction with the executives that built the company - can be intimidating to discuss new ideas with the founders - but if you take a step back and listen - you will learn something...

A response to the past reviews indicating nepotism within this family-owned business. The definition of nepotism is "favoritism shown to relatives..by those with power or influence". My VP is the son of the President and he is held at a higher standard than all of us. He has to prove to the Executives, staff, and customers that he deserves his position - which there is no doubt of his high-level technical expertise, intelligence, and management ability.

This company continues to grow every year and all personnel are rewarded and recognized as a contributing factor to this growth. Outstanding company for female professionals!

Cons

We move very quickly, and therefore have to constantly adjust our focus. This can be a difficult concept for people who want a 9-5 environment. This is not a 9-5 company... Our leadership stresses the benefits of protocol to assist with the ever changing environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to mentor your managers and expect them to do the same with their direct reports.

"Industry leading solution, innovative people, great leadership- Very Rewarding Job!"

Current Employee - Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talent level and experience across different business units is top notch. Some of the brightest people in implementations, service, IT, QA and sales that I have worked with. The technology is best in industry. Working atmosphere is goal oriented with team problem solving approach; employees ideas are listened to & taken into account. Leadership team believes in transparency, open communication and moving forward with efficiency and strategy.

Cons

Everyone must work at the office location when not traveling for business. It would be nice to occasionally work from home, but the ability to share ideas and solve problems quickly is enhanced since all employees are right here. Does promote great team environment.

Advice to Management

NA