TELCOR Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Jim Terrano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Working as a Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was hired to be a team member working in C# .Net, engineering enterprise software and related projects. All of the staff are quality people who are not only highly skilled, but agile and professional. Leadership owns responsibility, but also delegates responsibility. We use modern tools. We are allowed to embrace modern processes and techniques. Since leadership knows software engineering, management of the various projects includes an agile approach. The work environment is relaxed. The benefits are good. I am very happy, working here.

Cons

There are very few cons; working in an open environment is a bit distracting at times, but there are ways to minimize distractions.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace newer paradigms of software engineering. Continue to encourage agile principles including sharing responsibility with each team member so the cooperative efforts are owned by each member. Continue to improve the processes and communication between management and teams. Don't forget to reward the staff members who diligently produce good results. Be on time with performance reviews.

2. "Sr S/W Engr"

I worked at TELCOR full-time

Pros

excellent people and work life balance

Cons

none, they are a great company

3. "TELCOR employee"

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company and great vision for short term and long term growth and success. Management drives you and challenges you on daily basis. Always many opportunities to learn and grow professionally. Great pay and benefits especially for Lincoln, NE

Cons

None, great company with casual dress at the office

4. "Hard work and loyalty is not rewarded. Very disappointed in company direction and environment."

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits are good. Open office environment is nice, but sometimes difficult to work in. Reward inexperience and questionable character. Casual dress code.

Cons

Loyalty and hard work are not rewarded. What is rewarded is poor performance and questionable character. Poor communication from the top down. No one truly knows what is going on in organization. Lack of transparency.

Advice to Management

This is the hardest review to write, but must be said. Stop rewarding employees with poor character and poor performance. Why do you continue to ignore employees that are the heart and soul of organization? I've been offered numerous jobs from other organizations, but I chose to stay out of loyalty. Not anymore. I look forward to taking my talents elsewhere and I'm excited to see what 2017 brings. Here's my "Shout Out" since of course I never receive one: Look out 2017 - extraordinary things are about to happen, so probably time to abandon ship before this boat sinks.

5. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Software Analyst in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Software Analyst in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Wonderful place to work. Everyone is very nice and makes coming to work fun. Great environment with strong, smart individuals to work side by side with to make the company that much better.

Cons

There is nothing I can say bad about the company.

"Everything is not always as it seems"

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, relaxed dress code, competitive pay, tuition assistance, wellness benefits (yoga, yearly personal education credit, gym membership incentive). Management does recognize hard work by providing compensation and/or bonuses. Majority of employees are friendly and helpful. Employee events that promote interaction between departments.

Cons

I used to believe that everything was great, but as time goes on you begin to learn more about the negative aspects. Morale has been declining for quite some time. Communication is lacking, not only within the department, but between departments. There are times when a face-to-face meeting would go over better than a lengthy email exchange where it's difficult to read the tone of the sender. Expectations are not always clearly defined. Executive management has to have a hand in every project no matter how small it is. Changes that directly affect employees aren't communicated with them, but are done in a secretive manner and then presented without warning or without consideration for the employee's feelings about the change.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees to do the job they've been given. If you want your employees to trust you, be more forthcoming with information whether good or bad. People talk; it would be much better to hear it from the source first instead of the water cooler.

7. "Relaxed environment, great benefits"

Pros

The work environment is very relaxed. Overall, everyone that works there is really friendly and great to work with. The company does a lot to keep employees engaged. I love all of the healthy aspects the company implements!

Cons

The communication between departments, at times, seems laking. It seems that there has been a lot of turnover within the last year. There are a lot of individuals that have worked there for many years, and this can cause new employees to feel intimidated.

Advice to Management

Encourage more new employee involvement.

"Easy to identify those that provide "very dissatisfied" reviews..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best thing about working at TELCOR is the people. I look forward to coming to work everyday and actually miss my coworkers when I am on vacation. Management and the executives/owners are not just glossy photos in an annual report, but people that care deeply about the company, its products and employees. Savolainen (2000) argued that leadership is a crucial factor for sustainable and successful change in an organization, especially a change in the pursuit of excellence. The leadership of TELCOR is proof in point of his research.

Cons

From my perspective, policy and personnel concerns are not addressed nearly as fast as I would like, but I do not think that is a true "con". It shows that decisions regarding policy and employees are weighed carefully before action is taken.

"Above average pay, below average treatment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a quality product and a casual dress code. The first couple months working here are great but then it starts to go downhill and you start to wonder if the pay is worth being stressed out every day in the office. A service position might be OK but stay away from sales, marketing, accounting and software development unless you like being micromanaged.

Cons

Working with the executive team is the worst part and you have to work with them on just about everything.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and give your employees freedom.

"Truthful Review not wrote by marketing department of TELCOR."

I worked at TELCOR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very casual dress code, Nice facilites, Centrally located, Some very nice people work for this company.

Cons

POC management is awful. They only look out for themselves. The president has lost companies before and quit paying employees and it will repeat itself its just a matter of time. Employees are dismissed with no explanation other long term employees eventually just leave because they are tired of the drama.

Advice to Management

Value employees evaluate POC managment staff.