TELUS Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeff Puritt

Cons

1. "Great company, bad management."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NM

I worked at TELUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job nothing special to it,

Cons

Some of the management will go out of their way to get someone fired or in trouble.

Advice to Management

Reform.

2. "Potential to be great overshadowed by poor management of facility and campaigns"

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TELUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hourly pay, opportunity for advancement, shift flexibility and they no longer do shift bids so you can have shift consistency.

Cons

Dirty facility, revolving door on campaigns, asked to do extra work without a title change therefore they do not increase your pay. They have bed bugs and the vent system smells like mold or a dead rodent depending on where you sit.

Advice to Management

Advice is to recruiting. This is not an episode of Iyanla Fix my Life. Hire qualified people who value professionalism and how they present themselves on and off the clock. Maybe you would not have bed bugs if you did not allow people to bring their whole household to cubicles that they share with other people. You also need to invest in your team as much as you allegedly invest in the building.

"They only act like they care."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TELUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty competitive pay depending on the campaign, and they have a benefits package, even if it isn't all that great.

Cons

I've worked at Telus going on two years now. I've spent that time pouring myself into the position, doing everything I could go improve things for our customers and my colleagues. I really thought that the company cared about their employees. I was drinking the kool aid.

I finally opened my eyes and realized that we were all just s bunch of numbers to them. Good agents are getting the will go succeed kicked out of them by mostly indifferent leadership. Sometimes you'll get a lead that knows what recognition is, but if you ever want praise for your work then you'll mostly be out of luck.

They preach these Telus Values, "Embrace Change" being chief among them. That's code word for deal with it and quit complaining about the ridiculous procedures and bull we bury you in.

Advice to Management

The vast majority of people leave a job, not because of the work, but because of the management team. You need to take a hard look at the team you have in place. They're mostly absent, indifferent, and couldn't care any less about their agents. They're too busy brown-nosing with the OMs to take care of their teams.

"Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TELUS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

24 Hour Place, so alot of flexibility Schedule Wise.
    Point system that allows for a lot of days off.

Cons

Cares little about customer satisfaction when it comes to technical support for their divisions.
    Promotions are about brown nosing and friends as opposed to qualifications.

Advice to Management

If you want to actually achieve Customer Satisfaction, stop focusing on trying to shrug them off with pre-made emails that don't actually solve technical issues.

"Telus"

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Las Villas, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Las Villas, AZ

I have been working at TELUS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company itself is in a great location. There are many amenities to provide a fun, active, environment with areas to also to relax. The are restaurants that some onsite to sell food inside and food trucks outside. A lot of money has been spent to make the space aesthetically pleasing.

Cons

low pay and minimum paid time off, horrible benefits, being a minute late two times could cost you your job, no chance for advancement, overly strict call center environment where every minute is timed, low pay, jobs can end with little notice due to outsourcing,

Advice to Management

The people hired are responsible adults that passed the interview process, have adequate education, and work hard. Even call centers should treat people as adults that can make decisions and manage their time.

"Horrible!"

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TELUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They had flexible hours and access to phones during lunch.

Cons

Management dont show interest in their employees.

8. "Not the greatest...certainly did not meet the expectations I had."

I have been working at TELUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hourly rate is better here than most call centers in Las Vegas, opportunity in some campaigns to make monthly incentive.

Cons

Terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE management! I've never seen such awful leadership in my life, and I've worked at Sitel. The caliber of people they will hire is pretty poor, anyone who can speak English and pass an FBI background check is hired on. I also can't tell you how many people I've seen be let go for really mundane or questionable reasons, but bad employees stick around even though they've committed the same or worse infractions. I'm approaching a year there, and it's quite frustrating to see such terrible direction, supervision, organization, and decisions being made. Not only that, but in the year I've been there, I've seen three or four campaigns lose their contracts, and that means at least 1000 people have been laid off.

Advice to Management

There is a TON of potential in this company. It could easily be one of the best places to work in Las Vegas, as the ideals of its parent company are SO strong. However, a lot of changes need to be made. TELUS Int'l could either have the reputation of Zappos...or Sitel. Right now, Sitel may even be winning...

"Las Vegas Branch is run by deceitful people"

Current Employee - Trainer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Trainer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TELUS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Department colleagues and management were excellent; therefore, I enjoyed my time here and learned about management structure.

Cons

I was not supported by some of the upper management on certain projects so it made the work environment stressful.

Advice to Management

Treat employees fairly and support them.

10. "Extra Added Stress"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TELUS full-time

Pros

Easy Hire if your looking for a quick job and the Canada Background Check is not as heavy as the US version so Felons can apply.

Cons

Quick turnover
    Pay is Low!
    Management Sexually harasses staff

Advice to Management

Value the Teir 1 staff as that is the first Level of support as well as revenue.
    Listen to you workers!

11. "Okay experience but management is crooked"

I worked at TELUS full-time

Pros

Good client with Google, nice facility

Cons

Management will hire you if you're an attractive guy, but expect to put out booty if you want keep your job.

Advice to Management

Butts aren't everything in a work environment, although they are important.

Showing 138 of 1,463 reviews