TELUS Reviews | Glassdoor

1,422 Employee Reviews

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Free snacks and soft drinks-that is it on the pro side.

Cons

What a mess the Austin site is. Self righteous leaders that are trying to squeeze every cost savings out of the operation that they can. This is a given at a call center that is used by another company for their customer service because they can do it cheaper. Turnover is sky high in all areas-entry level to professional with average about two weeks. If you are desparate for a few weeks pay and can handle the demeaning environment-this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Basically man up and go somewhere else because you are not able to lead in your current position. IF not then try not to sell your soul for a dollar every day...maybe just 4 days a week

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Csr1 in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TELUS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SOME locations are completely different than others. SOME are the Google of the interactive customer service industry... Others are NOT and nothing is what it seems.

Cons

Zero integrity. Lies to get candidates in their revolving doors - intellect and educated need not apply - you'll be gone quicker than you got in.

Advice to Management

Don't be threatened by employees with an education above a GED. Educated employees are actually a GOOD thing. Ethics and character matter. Lead by example - respect goes both ways. Honesty matters more than egos. False advertising to lure in those in need of a job in a bad economy state of affairs. Read a few Pulse blogs on leadership and EQ - you'll find that on LinkedIn, by the way. The ghetto food truck with people running to it in less clothing most wear to bed doesn't align with your Google World Clocks on the Wall. Classy.

"Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

We are very employee centric and our main focus is on building a happy well-engaged team to support the variety of campaigns that we have at out site. The jobs are challenging and rewarding and the team members are generally very professional and hard working people with a focus on growing their knowledge and careers. We offer a great employee development program and are always looking at how we can promote from within vs. going outside of the organization.

Cons

The pay is lower than at a captive call center due to campaign based financial constraints, some of the team members can be very hard to motivate and are often stuck in an entitled mindset which is further impacted by the heavy focus on team member engagement across the entire organization. Communication is a constant struggle specifically between multiple departments and Operations to ensure that consistent feedback and communications are provided to all staff members.

Advice to Management

Expect to work a lot in the first 6 months as a manager in the organization if you are not highly skilled in time management. Teams remain at 15 but we have heavy admin expectations resulting in long hours and scenarios that may cause you to work from home. Take some time for stress reduction we work in a fast paced highly demanding area of the industry and be self-motivating because we often get missed and rely on each other for positive reinforcement. Speak up, this is most important because if you are not vocal you are not seen as someone who is promotable... we LOVE people who bring good ideas or our of the box crazy ideas to the table.

"Throw Away Human Resources"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TELUS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Convenient location just off of The Strip

Cons

Very little job security and really high turn over which is done on purpose to keep wage costs low. Unreasonable attendance policies ensure your eventual termination with cause. Very low pay increases if you ever get one at all. They are terrible about waiting months to give you a 10 cent an hour raise you worked hard for, if they remember to give it to you at all. EXPENSIVE insurance and no job security. Six figure bosses who pay less for their benefits than underpaid employees. Find a decent job because it's not here.

Advice to Management

Managers are treated as poorly as employees especially females who make much less than the males.

"Loyalty and Rewards Representative"

Current Employee - Loyalty and Rewards Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Loyalty and Rewards Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TELUS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working here.

Cons

Telus Las Vegas is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. They are a third party call center for two well known companies. There is literally no dress code, people come to work in what looks like pajamas, flip flops, slippers, etc. They give you used headsets, the employees have blankets and there have been numerous bed bug outbreaks in the time I have been there. In the training they provide, everything is misspelled, incorrect grammar usage (ex. Wrong use of to, too and two as well as there, their and they're). The knowledge base you use in the computer system is also comprised of this incorrect grammar and spelling. The employees literally play cards with one another in between calls, yell across the room and use profane language loudly. The team leaders don't care, nor does the upper management. Telus has lost previous clients due to the unprofessional nature of their call center reps and I have no doubt they will lose the clients they have now once their contracts are up. The human resource representatives as well as the "recruiters" will tell you the wrong salary, so make sure you get your salary in writing. The HR department is another joke. They only have one set of bathrooms for over 400 agents and they are DISGUSTING. Bottom line, if you are desperate for a job, work here until you find another. That's what most people are doing, unless you enjoy coming to work in your pajamas and blanket with your bed bugs......

Advice to Management

Management is a joke, it doesn't matter what you write, they are not intelligent enough to comprehend it.

"They only act like they care."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TELUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty competitive pay depending on the campaign, and they have a benefits package, even if it isn't all that great.

Cons

I've worked at Telus going on two years now. I've spent that time pouring myself into the position, doing everything I could go improve things for our customers and my colleagues. I really thought that the company cared about their employees. I was drinking the kool aid.

I finally opened my eyes and realized that we were all just s bunch of numbers to them. Good agents are getting the will go succeed kicked out of them by mostly indifferent leadership. Sometimes you'll get a lead that knows what recognition is, but if you ever want praise for your work then you'll mostly be out of luck.

They preach these Telus Values, "Embrace Change" being chief among them. That's code word for deal with it and quit complaining about the ridiculous procedures and bull we bury you in.

Advice to Management

The vast majority of people leave a job, not because of the work, but because of the management team. You need to take a hard look at the team you have in place. They're mostly absent, indifferent, and couldn't care any less about their agents. They're too busy brown-nosing with the OMs to take care of their teams.

7. "A Great Environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Austin, TX

I have been working at TELUS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A family orientated environment, Peaceful work area's, Understanding staff, Competitive Wages, Awesome Benefits, Awesome incentives

Cons

Only one in Texas, So far away from my home (personal of course)

Advice to Management

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

"Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TELUS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dress code, other than that it's a big Joke!

Cons

Everything! Pick your worse employer and know that's the best case scenario.

Advice to Management

Fire all of the HR team and start over!

9. "Hard Worker"

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TELUS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Telus actually cares about their employees

Cons

Not many cons to mention

10. "customer service rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TELUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company does a lot of fun activities for the employees to keep Moral up and there is always an open door policy with all of managment.

Cons

The Pay can be better

Showing 1,422 of 1,495 reviews