THINK Together Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Randy Barth

Pros
  • Getting experience working with kids that I am using now as a substitute teacher (in 26 reviews)

• If you enjoy working with children in a school setting, this might be what you are looking for (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • It seems that many of the Site Coordinators aren't very productive in training their Program Leaders, especially substitute (in 36 reviews)

• Depending on what site you get placed at the site coordinator can be a con (in 33 reviews)

1. "Operations Analyst"

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at THINK Together full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open interaction with other regions to streamline processes. Great team environment. Good feeling helping out the kids.

Cons

Limited budget to keep talent

2. "It's a start"

Former Employee - Program Leader in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at THINK Together part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to get your foot in the door with education. Part time after school so you can plan a school schedule accordingly. If you can handle the work there can be a lot of gratification in what you do.

Cons

Students can be challenging. High turnover because of this. If you're not placed with a good site coordinator (supervisor) things become exponentially more difficult. I began at a school with a brand new site coordinator and received little to no classroom management help despite the person knowing I was brand new to education. I was evaluated a few times and it was suggested to higher ups that I be let go. I was extremely lucky to be placed at a different school instead with a seasoned site coordinator who then taught me basically everything I know about effective classroom management. Your site coordinator will make all the difference unless you've worked a job like this already.

Advice to Management

At the end of the day, this is a job you have to WANT to do, but there should be more rigorous standards in place for your site coordinators. They make or break the program for the students, the program leaders, and the faculty at that particular school on every level.

3. "Good College Student Job"

Current Employee - Program Leader in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Program Leader in San Jose, CA

I have been working at THINK Together part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you want to gain experience with students K - 8th grade ages.

Cons

Can be difficult to work with kids sometimes. Pay is lower compared to other after school programs in the Bay Area.

Advice to Management

N/A

5. "Working for THINK Together"

Current Employee - Site Coordinator in San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Site Coordinator in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at THINK Together full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you enjoy working with children in a school setting, this might be what you are looking for. For young adults the program leader position is a step towards becoming a teacher or working with children in a school setting in any other capacity.

Cons

In recent years the organization has become less and less financially sustainable which has unfortunately created more job stress and company wide down sizing. Salaried positions have diminished to hourly compensation with an ever increasing work load. Unfortunately, site coordinators are over worked and under compensated. That being said, if being able to change the lives of children is your passion, the cons can be put aside for the greater purpose of helping kids.

Advice to Management

Take the concerns of your employees to heart instead of justifying wrong decision making.

6. "Part time job with full time expectations"

Former Employee - Program Leader in Victorville, CA
    Former Employee - Program Leader in Victorville, CA

I worked at THINK Together part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Guaranteed hours, rewarding work with kids

Cons

Low pay, unreasonable expectations, little support from superiors

Advice to Management

Be cognizant that the program leaders are working part time for little pay yet are expected to do the work of higher paid and qualified employees.

7. "Lead Program Leader"

Current Employee - Lead Program Leader in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Program Leader in Ontario, CA

I have been working at THINK Together part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is really rewarding. I grew up in the neighborhood of the site I work at and I really want to help the kids be successful. I'm lucky to have an SC that really cares about her employees. Her constant support is what keeps me going everyday.

Cons

Definitely the pay. We are expected to do a lot during program but are also expected to do paperwork! You only get a .25 cent raise every year you work there.

Advice to Management

I'm really frustrated that so many PL's and SC's are underqualified and unprepared for the job. Its astounding to see substitute PLs that have no clue and show up just to baby sit. The QAC's aren't doing their jobs and assuring the quality of the programs. It's all about meeting crazy standards with corporate and funding which distracts them from making sure the kids are getting the help they need.

"The pay isn't great but the work is rewarding and if you are their as a hobby and love kidsthis could be the job for you"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

I worked at THINK Together part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The purpose we are there everyday is so fun! I loved the kids and how we impacted their lives daily.

Cons

The pay is bad, they don't care about you as an employee, no one is held accountable for their actions.

Advice to Management

Do a better job hiring staff that is actually qualified along with QACs . SCs are fair. But the QACs are terrible

"Would not recommend unless you enjoy working with kids"

Former Employee - Program Leader in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Program Leader in San Diego, CA

I worked at THINK Together part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent hours (only work 3-4 per day at most)
    Kids can be fun to work with

Cons

No room for growth
    Underpaid
    Insufficient training
    No room to tailor lesson plans for class
    Site Coordinators are just as inexperienced

Advice to Management

Train your employees well so they're prepared for their work. Otherwise, they're going to be struggling a lot. Giving stricter measures and more training is not enough. You need to be clear from the beginning what the expectations are and how you'll define success in each employee.

10. "Substitute teacher"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at THINK Together part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Biggest pro is the students and teachers (but that has nothing to do with ThinkTogether).

Cons

Quite an awful experience working with the establishment - they are basically slaving you away to schools, last minute calls, no benefits at all, no reliability or support in any form or advancement

Advice to Management

Send yourself to training

11. "Program Peader"

Former Employee - Program Leader in Santa Ana, CA

Pros

Experience in school setting and supervising full classes, working with kids, contributing to the community, upward mobility, great networking if goal is to be teacher (get to know school district employees and often know of openings before anyone else).

Cons

Time off whenever kids are out of school (unpaid for weeks at a time), more work than can be accomplished in hour limit given so I had to do a lot of work from home (unpaid), low pay for what you do.

Advice to Management

Stop capping hours, up pay for those who are doing well