THINK Together Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 15, 2017

1.0
Randy Barth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Your working with kids of almost all ages (in 27 reviews)

• If you enjoy working with children in a school setting, this might be what you are looking for (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard when there is such a high turnover rate and Program leaders are expected to have more students because of (I'm assuming) a lack of substitutes (in 36 reviews)

• Depending on what site you get placed at the site coordinator can be a con (in 33 reviews)

1. "Staff are underpaid and disposable"

Former Employee - Site Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at THINK Together full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the kids is always fun.

Cons

Staff are underpaid and disposable - anything that goes wrong will be blamed on you, whether it's by the school staff or your own management. Horrible office politics. They make their money by milking the government (they get paid per student per day based on attendance) so your job is just to get the kids to the program, no matter what it takes. I was even told to forge attendance sheets to get numbers up (this is illegal and I did not do it. I faced retaliation because of it.) You get the picture.

Advice to Management

Where do I start?

2. "Lazy Site Coordinator"

Current Employee - Program Leader in Rialto, CA
    Current Employee - Program Leader in Rialto, CA

I have been working at THINK Together part-time

Pros

Working with children and parents

Cons

unstable hours, did not get paid enough for extreme hard work

Advice to Management

The Site Coordinator is not that great. She is very unprofessional I have never seen anything like this person in my life. I am hoping soon that they will get a better Site Coordinator in this location. There are different Think Together locations in Rialto, CA and they do not necessarily share the same Site Coordinator. The Site Coordinator did not dress appropriate and one day you could see one of her bre*st partially exposed and that is not suitable for children and it was not suitable for me to see that type of trash! She came to work daily with her fake long nails, trash looking clothes, not professional at all. Very low class attitude. Bringing her trashy lifestyle at work around children. I was told she has a husband, men like that seem to take women that no other man wants. Why was she allowed to work there that long with that kind of behavior? A parent came and saw that she was not even helping to watch the children (that IS a witness.) The Site Coordinator told me that she has 2 children, I really feel sorry for them, since this supervisor cannot even be women enough to do her job and watch children then the question, is she watching her own children at home? One day I was basically told that I cannot have a brake, but yet, one time I saw her taking a break and just eating at her desk in the classroom. Most of the time she is lazy and gets paid, wow! I came to work many times and she did not even have a lesson plain ready, she just sat there in the front school office in the mornings. She even disrespected me in front of a child with her loud mouth and insulted me. I SUPPORT ANY WOMEN who is a NICE person in the workforce but this women just gives GOOD women a bad name. I hope soon they will get a better, professional Site Coordinator.

3. "DO NOT TRUST THE SITE COORDINATOR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rialto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rialto, CA

I have been working at THINK Together part-time

Pros

Some children are good and will work, help you

Cons

Screwed Up SITE COORDINATOR who should get fired, NO Doubt

Advice to Management

Fire this incompetent loser who seems to know nothing about children and how to treat people employees.

4. "Substitute teacher"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at THINK Together part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Biggest pro is the students and teachers (but that has nothing to do with ThinkTogether).

Cons

Quite an awful experience working with the establishment - they are basically slaving you away to schools, last minute calls, no benefits at all, no reliability or support in any form or advancement

Advice to Management

Send yourself to training

"A nightmare."

Current Employee - Site Coordinator in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Site Coordinator in Riverside, CA

I have been working at THINK Together full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The kids. That's about it. If it wasn't for the kids, there's no way that this job would even be barable.

Cons

They want you to do so much but they don't provide adequate support and/or materials. They over work you. Be prepared to work off the clock (of course your "supervisor can't know about it") or they'll write you up. Last time I checked, working off the clock on an hourly job is against the law.'

Advice to Management

You have higher ups having sexual relations with their employees. Please tell me how that's professional? You all push the mission statement but treat your staff like complete trash. Way too much gossip going on making it an unhealthy work environment. If you make the smallest mistake be prepared to be written up and the entire office to know about it. You need to seriously go in and recontruct everything.

"Sucks balls"

Former Employee - Tutor
    Former Employee - Tutor

I worked at THINK Together part-time

Pros

None
    Avoid
    Horrible
    Problematic
    Stay away
    Terrible
    Discriminatory
    Stupid training does not actually have relevance to education

Cons

They don't care about their employees.
    One of the worst employers I have had.

Advice to Management

Stop sucking balls

"Better off looking elsewhere."

Former Employee - Program Leader
    Former Employee - Program Leader

I worked at THINK Together part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Working with kids
    -Some people in the company actually care about kids

Cons

Company does not treat its Program Leaders well at all. Pay is low for the amount of work and stress one has to endure. There is insufficient prep time for any of your lessons you are not allowed to prepare at home. The lessons are tedious and often you do not have time to complete them because of time wasters like repeating the agreements before every class (by the end of the first month the kids should know these already). Moreover the whole time you work at THINK Together you spend your time looking over your shoulder waiting for a Q.A.C. or someone else waiting for you to make one small goof to write you up or worse. The “gotcha” feeling that has you constantly looking over your shoulder will affect your abilities in the worst of ways. Be prepared to be talked down to by the Q.A.C.s and other office staff, even though you maybe in college or actually hold a degree they will treat you like the children you are in charge of. You can ask any Program Leaders you run across if they use “Attention Getters” during training on the Program Leaders.

To get a pay increase you have to jump through too many hoops for a .25 raise, and you can only get a pay increase twice. They simply do not care about any of their employees especially the program leaders, you are expendable and replaceable and their retention rate of Site Coordinators and Program leaders prove this. They do not care about you, as soon as you realize this the better. My former Site Coordinator was often offsite helping other sites due to lack of Site coordinators. Complete lack of substitute Program Leaders due to the fact the sub pool is often depleted because said subs are moved to sites just to keep up with high turnover rate of Program Leaders. Most Program Leaders seem only to last 1-2 years before they burn out or are fired for some reason. So those high turnover rumors you have heard about from the other reviews...they are true.

There is little chance of any advancement unless you want to be a Site Coordinator. In truth unless you like working with kids find a job elsewhere (even then I am sure you kind find a better job out there). You will find that you will be treated better and with more respect by just about any other company than here. With the minimum wage increase this job is not simply worth it, unless you want to try teaching with both your arms tied behind your back due to their horrible lesson plans, non negotiables, unrealistic expectations, and their general incompetence preventing you from being effective. This is sad because it is the kids who suffer from THINK Together’s incompetence, they deserve better…better than THINK Together.

Advice to Management

Stop treating you Program Leaders and Site Coordinators poorly! They are not expendable cogs to be so easily replaced. Every time you lose one it takes time and money to train a replacement. Furthermore you are losing out on experience said Site Coordinator or Program Leader has learned and can no longer put towards your program. So when you lose them to burn out, a better job, or you fire them you are losing far more than you gain by if would have fought to keep them.

You might also want to look into pay…cause unless you increase the pay look to lose a lot of staff in the near future. Your non negotiables and other expectations severely limit the ability of site staff from making program fun for the kids; you might want to work on asking the Kids and Staff honestly (without any repercussions) what they want to see in program and how it can run better.

"Worst company I have ever worked for"

I have been working at THINK Together full-time (More than a year)

Pros

On the surface it's a great concept. A collaborative concept. They had the right idea just horrible execution.

Cons

I have never worked at a place where every single coworker I had was looking for a new job. You are largely over worked, under paid, under appreciated. It's like high school, there's a clique, if you don't fit into the click you're completely ostracized. This place is miserable. I honestly hope they go under.

Advice to Management

Make the pay cuts at the top, evaluate the higher paid employees because I can guarantee they are doing a fraction of the work. Genuinely support the lower employees they are your back bone and you treat them like dirt.

9. "Wouldn't work there again"

I have been working at THINK Together part-time

Pros

Helping kids and families was the best thing about this job. Providing students with after school enrichment and recreation was rewarding.

Cons

They were dishonest about the number of hours per week. They would "guarantee" you a certain number of hours then refuse to allow you to clock in when you arrived.

Advice to Management

Train coordinators, hire people who have more experience, listen to employees, monitor coordinator performance, dig into the reason for the high turnover.

10. "Not enough Pay"

Pros

great working with kids, be able to be a role model for them.

Cons

a lot of work and very less pay.

Advice to Management

should increase pay and have incentives or bonuses for employees who are working harder.