THINX Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
THINX CEO Maria Molland Selby
Maria Molland Selby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Overall, good experience!"

I worked at THINX full-time

Pros

- Awesome team of women (and men) to work with and learn from
    - Commuter benefits, health insurance, maternity leave

Cons

- Difficult to receive meaningful mentorship
    - Often felt CX team was taken for granted and taken advantage of

2. "Work with purpose"

I have been working at THINX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing coworkers
     - The mission, finally a job with purpose!
     - Flexibility, managers are understanding of what life throws you

Cons

General communication could be improved upon

3. "Wonderful"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Associate

I worked at THINX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Super hardworking coworkers, lots of autonomy.

Cons

There can be some ambiguity because the company is so small.

"Fun start-up life..but management is disappointing"

I have been working at THINX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

THINX really works and I'm proud of the product. We receive unlimited PTO, there are always snacks, and there are opportunities for collaboration with different departments that you wouldn't typically work with at a bigger, more corporate company. My coworkers are wonderful but undervalued.

Cons

I have found the most recent THINX reviews confusing, as they do not represent what my experience has been like. I wanted to join THINX because I was inspired by the mission and thought that because Miki Agrawal, the former CEO, was removed, that the culture would have improved. Once I arrived, however, I realized many of the issues did not improve with new management, despite there being many articles stating the culture was better than ever. My coworkers are talented, smart, and passionate people, but are not supported by management. Almost every coworker I've talked to have said that they feel undervalued and do not have the right resources or support to get their work done to the best of their ability. Many are wondering if it is worth waiting for things to get better or if it's time to leave. This is all masked in front of management and the culture is very smiley while frustration brews under the surface.

We do not have a 401k plan or long-term benefits and most of us are still payed below the average rate. Note to management: I'd rather have a 401k than a citibike membership and unlimited skittles, thanks.

Advice to Management

Sit down with your employees, one by one, as ask what you can do to help them, what they are hoping to achieve at the company and what they'd like to be doing for the company in a year from now. Listen to them.....no, seriously.... actually listen. Come out of your glass room "core meetings" and listen and respect the people that work for you.

5. "Great place to grow and develop. Great place to come every morning."

I have been working at THINX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership:
    The new CEO - Maria Selby and all of the directors are positive and supportive leaders who truly value the opinions and the work of their teams. I've felt that the work I've been doing here has been valued by everyone from my direct manager to the CEO.

Professional Development:
    My colleagues are all experts in what they do and passionate. I feel like I learn something every week. THINX also provides professional development stipend. They are invested in retaining top talent.

Colleagues:
    Amazing. Love 'em. The company values the culture they have been building under the new leadership, so everyone brought onto the team meets with many current employees to ensure a culture fit. The result is that everyone here is passionate, kind, and smart.

Benefits:
    Unlimited vacation, medical, partial gym or Citibike reimbursements

Cons

There is not yet an retirement plan options...

"I’m happy :)"

Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at THINX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We are hardworking, passionate, interesting, and kind. The people I work with and the interesting product and community work we do makes me love coming to work eaxh day. Good benefits and we start at 10am.

Cons

We work fast and we work hard. It was tough when I started but we are hiring more and we are now building a stronger team to help releive the workload. I still love it though.

"Terrible SH-E-O Miki Agrawal but Great Products, Great Mission and Great Co-workers"

Former Employee - Multiple Positions in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Multiple Positions in New York, NY

I worked at THINX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products, Great Mission and Great Co-Workers

Cons

Bad SH-E-O Miki Agrawal - to focused on her own fame than the company

Advice to Management

Get ride of SH-E-O Miki Agrawal , hire a new CEO and move on. Then use the extra time and energy to increase research & development and expanding the product lines. If you do this the company will have a bright future!

"The CEO is a crazed ticking time bomb wanna-be Silicon Valley"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at THINX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees are nice and great to work with

Cons

The company and the CEO is a huge SHAM and liability that does illegal things behind close doors. Feminism is not the true passion at this company.

Advice to Management

Get a real CEO, get rid of the SHE-E-O, and stop doing illegal things. It would be best if you truly stood by what you portray as feminism and stop pretending to be this huge corporate company that you are not

THINX Response

Jun 7, 2018 – VP of People Ops

I'm so genuinely sorry for your experience at THINX, Inc. I don't want to write generic template responses, but I did write a response to another reviewer above, so apologies for any repeat info... More

9. "Incredible culture of growth, learning and creativity"

I have been working at THINX full-time

Pros

Working with this team and its founder is nothing short of inspiring, challenging and surprising in all the best ways. You will have the opportunity to grow extremely fast thanks to a culture of embracing mistakes, reflecting on them and carrying those lessons with you to the next stage of growth.

The CEO, Miki has an open door policy that encourages team members to walk in at any time to share progress, raise concerns or present new ideas in a casual, friendly environment. She will cheer the loudest for you over every small win, she will coach you to reflect on your failures, and she will challenge you to start anew with that new wisdom in mind. This is a powerful cocktail for growth if you are able to take constructive criticism, face your mistakes and turn challenges into opportunities.

If you are a glass half-full individual who believes in the company's mission, you will succeed here and create meaningful, lasting relationships with everyone on the team.

Cons

Building a startup is for people who embrace change and radical creativity, who find opportunities in the toughest situations, who get off on tackling challenges and solving problems in ambiguous environments.

Building a startup is not for people who resist change, who complain about lack of structure rather than initiating a new process, who wait for a better solution to be packaged for them and placed on their desk.

If you are not able to adapt to a constantly changing environment and take the initiative to redefine your role around those exciting changes, you may start to resent your own team, and this may not be the right fit for you.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow and change, make time for more frequent 1:1s with key team members to address questions and concerns before major changes in structure or new policies are put in place.

"THINX Fails To Make America Great Again"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at THINX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to beef up your resume if you are just getting your professional career started. Due to the perfect cocktail of rapid growth, immense disorganization, and general complacency on the executive team, the company offers the perfect atmosphere for employees to grow outside their initial roles. The team encourages self-advocacy, and as long as you work hard and consistently wave your "freak-flag," you can go from an entry level team member to someone who gets to work closely with the Trump-like CEO, in a matter of months.

Cons

Every single employee in this company, with the exception of the CEO, is undervalued. Their tremendous talents are consistently undermined by low pay, a lack-luster benefits package, and a leader who doesn't trust them to do what they were hired for. By undervaluing the team, the leadership creates a culture of fear and distrust - and that culture does not just reside between the CEO and the rest of the team - it permeates, like a sickness, through every tier of leadership throughout the company. How can you empower people with your products, if you don't know how to empower those behind it?

Advice to Management

Drain the swamp. Oust the source of the issue before irreparable damage is done to the brand that we've all worked so hard to create and maintain. It's only a matter of time before customers, new and old, start to see that the feminist company they've put so much faith in, is run like a Fascist regime.

THINX Response

Jun 7, 2018 – VP of People Ops

I am so genuinely sorry for your experience at THINX, Inc. I know we can't fix the past, but the culture of our organization has changed dramatically since your post. The leadership team, and team... More