THMED Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
John Martin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director of Recruiting in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Recruiting in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at THMED full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere, traveling, culture, people, contests, fun group related work activities, and the casual dress code in the office.

Cons

Low commission tiers, constant sales pressure from management, office gossip, and rumor spreading,

Advice to Management

No advice to management. They decide everything on their own when they decide to. So, any advice from employees goes unheard.

2. "Great company, great culture!!"

Current Employee - Communications Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Communications Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at THMED full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with THMED for about a year and a half, and starting here right out of college was really intimidating. But the people are incredible, you are set up for success from day 1, and management is very clear and transparent about goals and expectations!

Cons

Sales roles can require some extra hours, but the commission structure in place and the team environment makes the extra hours worth it!

Advice to Management

Continue to help the company grow, and thank you for being transparent and personable with every employee!

3. "Potential"

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at THMED full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance.
    Culture is energetic.
    So many incentives are put in place to make money and have fun.
    CEO is transparent and seems genuinely interested in people.
    Great opportunity to make six figures.

Cons

Hours can be long, but that's sales.
    Parking garage can be a pain if you don't like walking.
    Onboarding program is ran by someone who doesn't seem to have experience in sales, so unless you are paired with a great trainer, prepare to struggle. ( I think she is related to the owner.)
    Walls are thin, nonexistent. I hear people taking badly about others, often.

Seems like a high school clique mentality and if you don't fit in, you won't make it.
    Some people in Management do not seem professional in the way they speak on the floor.
    If you aren't liked on a personal level, you will not make it.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to be able to suggest areas of improvement without the fear of losing their jobs.
    Leadership should lead by example and not by gross margin.
    Create a better training program so people aren't failing so quickly.

4. "Centered on finding people who care!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at THMED (Less than a year)

Pros

I've spent most of my professional career with THMED and consider myself blessed!
    Incoming recruiters can expect an environment where they are valued, appreciated and led by a supportive executive team that is filled with people of great integrity.
    The company culture is AMAZING! New hires can expect to work hard but have fun while doing it and get rewarded financially to boot! There are fun events throughout the year, and contests as well with really amazing rewards!
    In addtion to all that, THMED makes sure to give back. The THMED company dedicated charity the last few years has been Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation. The fundraisers throughout the year are fun, and with research into cures for pediatric cancer being the cause, it's easy to also get very excited about also making a difference.
    THMED is a staffing firm dedicated to finding well qualified candidates for our clients that care about what they do, and when hiring THMED does the same. For a recruiter coming in, I think it's nice to have the opportunity to make a 100k+, have fun and feel good about what you do each day.
    Technology and marketing support is amazing and is the best in the business as well! Prepare to be amazed at what the THMED Communications team can do!!

Cons

The days can be long, the work can be hard but the reward is always huge! If you are coming into a recruiter or business development role, expect long days and hard work but the commission structure is very rewarding with incentives to raise base salary available.

5. "It Could Have Been Better"

I worked at THMED (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the employees are great to work with. The environment can be nice when around the right people.

Cons

You are not set up for success. They have favorites. It is very cliqued up, and if you don't get on board you will not be successful. Rules only apply to certain employees. They blowball on salaries

Advice to Management

Treat all employees equally, do not play favorites. Consider all sides before choosing just one. Encourage better teamwork of all team members not cliqued up buddy system.

6. "Great Place to Work...Especially Recent Grads!"

I have been working at THMED full-time

Pros

The CULTURE is great! The CEO actually knows your name and is personable.

Cons

Unexpected after hours without compensation

7. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at THMED full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of a kind culture that creates a fun, yet focused work environment! Helpfulness from every department is top notch. There is nothing better than a company that cares about their employees and is focused on the personal success of each and every person. THMED promotes a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

Can take some time to learn the business and ramp up, however, you are given the time AND tools to succeed at THMED.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and keep growing!

8. "Opportunity to Excel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at THMED full-time

Pros

Great Culture
    Ability to Grow
    Commission Structure
    Fun Atmosphere
    Contests

Cons

Not a Con, but understanding this is a sales environment. Working 8 to 5 isn't always going to get you the results required to excel at the highest level.

9. "THMED Staffing Agency"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Business Development in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Business Development in Dallas, TX

I have been working at THMED full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Your opinion matters. It is of highest priority from our Executive team that we take into consideration everyone's opinions and ideas. We have a suggestion box, we work in teams and have management working side-by-side on the floor. We are small enough to react and make changes on the fly. And big enough to garner interest from the big healthcare systems to work on their toughest jobs. We are an all-inclusive, full-service staffing agency that handles Locum Tenens to Permanent placement to Allied Staffing. And, we like to have fun! We have BBQ's, we go see baseball games and we hang out after work. We are a team.

Cons

We are a service agency that is based on production and hitting goals. If you are not willing to work hard, be proactive and stay persistent, this is not a company that stays flat and stagnant. We are sales driven via the phone and it is a must to stay active on making calls.

10. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Dallas, TX

I have been working at THMED full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a place with great people and a great environment

Cons

I'm waiting to get to know everybody

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people !