TI Automotive Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TI Automotive Chairman and CEO Bill Kozyra
Bill Kozyra

Pros
  • Good pay for intern work, great professional work atmosphere (in 5 reviews)

• clean environment, most of the people were nice, halfway decent pay (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for growth, global IT management has poor vision and lack of direction, causing a difficult "global team" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Process Technician at TI Automotive New Haven MI"

Current Employee - Process Technician in New Haven, MI
    Current Employee - Process Technician in New Haven, MI

I have been working at TI Automotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy money, clean, and A/C.

Cons

Feel like stuck in current position. No room for advancement.

"Inventory Specialist"

Former Employee - Inventory Control Analyst in Ossian, IN
    Former Employee - Inventory Control Analyst in Ossian, IN

I worked at TI Automotive (Less than a year)

Pros

Considering they terminated me for being in the military..... None, nothing

Cons

They terminated me while I was on military orders. I was doing training for the military and while I was away they sent a letter saying I was terminated, with some bogus stuff, saying they found some discrepancies in my cycle counts. We previously just had an inventory audit and everything was fine. Then some how after I was gone, 2 months later they supposedly found some discrepancies. Pretty bad when you are trying to serve your country, and you employer fires you, and through a letter no less, knowing I wasn't even home. True non American company.

3. "Supplier Development Specialist"

Current Employee - Supplier Development Specialist in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Supplier Development Specialist in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at TI Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New expirience learning different culture and how match together in a possitive way

Cons

A lot of micro managment for a world class company

5. "So much potential"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartwell, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartwell, GA

I worked at TI Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Broad exposure to product lines, fast paced production environment, fairly wide scopes of responsibility.

Cons

Management was content to be disconnected from production & equipment issues, Salaried employees routinely required to work 80+ hour weeks, nonexistent work/life balance for both salary & hourly employees, lack of process innovation & focus on product quality, dysfunctional decision making process at top plant & divisional management levels, fearful of change

Advice to Management

Consult & listen to subject matter experts. Reduce tendency to make hasty, far reaching, decisions when unencumbered by knowledge.

"All salary employees are Koreans on L1 Visas. Not welcoming to non-Koreans."

Former Employee - Continuous Improvement Coordinator in Tallassee, AL
    Former Employee - Continuous Improvement Coordinator in Tallassee, AL

I worked at TI Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The plant is clean.

Cons

All salary employees are Koreans on L1 Visas. Not welcoming to non-Koreans. I Was fired without good reason. You will be expected to work 60+ hours a week as an engineer. They abuse the L1 visa system. They do not speak english in conversation thus leaving non-korean speakers in the dark about what is going on. They will set you up to be fired by giving you meaningless tasks to consume your time and then document when you are unable to complete the larger projects they give you. They have unrealistic expectations for how much work you can get done. They have no training system.

I would avoid working for these people at all costs if you are looking for an engineering position. This is at the HANIL Tube location.

They will not listen to what you have to say. I proposed a change to their process that would completely eliminate overtime and increase their production by ~30-50%. I was ignored.

Advice to Management

Hire English speaking management and treat salary employees like salary employees not hourly (don't nickle and dime them for 5 or 10 minutes in the morning and expect them to work 30mins over the stated office hours everyday). Speak in english around people that speak english. Listen to people suggestions especially when that is what you hired them for.

7. "Production/ assembly"

Former Employee - Assembling in Kendallville, IN
    Former Employee - Assembling in Kendallville, IN

I worked at TI Automotive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some people who work there are really good people. There are some very nice people there. Nice people. That's the only good thing.

Cons

Favoritism. Poor training to no training. They lie. Very poor management. Treat employees like dirt. Seniority means absolutely nothing. Unnecessary overtime because they don't know how to manage. Leads get magic personal days that just appear. Family members work for other family members showing favoritism when unqualified people get lead jobs just because they are related to management.

Advice to Management

Upper management at TI needs to get rid of lower management who were a part of Millenium before it was bought by TI. One person in particular is the reason why you can't keep good employees. You need to LISTEN to the people who work on the floor such as Maintenance men. The engineers, and the people who work on the assembly lines who have been there forever. They will all tell you who needs to go.

"Bad PTO, Worse Raises"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at TI Automotive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company. New clean facility at Auburn Hills with an onsite gym, cafeteria and barista. Excellent opt-in Breakfast / Lunch meal plan with full beverage services available all day. Easy access to the Palace and Fieldstone Golf Course. Nearby on and off ramps for I-75.

Cons

The annual "merit" bonus not based on the individual's accomplishment or how well the company did that year, but is instead a pre-set low-end single digit percentage for all employees. And the CEO will complain about how much the company had to payout for increases at the quarterly all-staff meetings.

Vacation / Sick Time / Personal Days (PTO) is a shockingly low ten days annually, combined. You won't see an increase for five years and that's only five more days. So, don't get sick or you'll eat up your two weeks vacation. You can buy additional time off, which they consider generous, but its unpaid. Most employees buy addition PTO for fear of getting sick.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth. After years of record profits, high product prices and successfully selling the company to new investors, its about time the C-level and owners offer better PTO and at least industry normal increases.

"Assembler"

Former Employee - Assembler in Greeneville, TN
    Former Employee - Assembler in Greeneville, TN

I worked at TI Automotive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Clean environment, air conditioning, vacation time and holidays

Cons

Micro management, too many bosses, seniority means nothing

Advice to Management

Use the more experienced associates to improve your business structure. Promote within.

"Maintenance"

Former Employee - Maintenance in Ligonier, IN
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Ligonier, IN

I worked at TI Automotive (More than 3 years)

Pros

All the overtime that you want

Cons

Too much mandatory overtime. Poor communication between departments. Need to drug test production employees EVERY DAY!!!!

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat employees with respect.

11. "Great learning job, experienced staff"

Former Employee - Mfg Engineer in Caro, MI
    Former Employee - Mfg Engineer in Caro, MI

I worked at TI Automotive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Environment, technology, and expertise. They kept up with software, hardware, and other cutting edge ideas. Great company structure utilizing core teams.

Cons

Remote locations. A lot of upper level turnover. Gives the company sense of lack of leadership. Middle lever leaders seem experienced

Advice to Management

Your employees are always your best tool for success