TIBCO Software Reviews | Glassdoor

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated March 7, 2017

Pros
  • Work life balance is extremely good (in 72 reviews)

• Work from home option available (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Reason for good work life balance is there is no cler direction resulting in chaos--you will NOT feel good about your day-to-day (in 22 reviews)

• Senior management need to plan things better (in 18 reviews)

1. "Great company with top tiers clients."

Pros

Top clients with amazing complex problems to solve which the company and people are passionate about.
    Lot of flexibility and this is pushing you to be creative and an excellent tasks manager.

Cons

Not really a cons but you need to be agile with long hours and multiple timezone to work with

"Exciting times, smart people and bright company future."

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is transforming - it's like being at Apple when Steve Jobs came back. Exiting to see upfront how this transformation is happening. Deep focus on strong, industry leading products that are a driving force in the re-architecture of today's businesses (internet of things, digital enterprise, big data, streaming data).

Vista transition has actually been helpful. It's allowed the company to focus on what is most important. Leadership has a clear vision and is not distracted. Stronger alignment between major organization pillars of Sales, Product and Marketing - and seeing people work together as a team. Have seen a significant change in last 3-months of co-workers excited for what TIBCO is going to become. Those that are here want to be here and are committed, which wasn't the case when I started. The company is being redefined from the inside out and things that were status quo are being challenged to make this company awesome. Best part is you know that everyone you're working with wants to do the same thing.

The new CEO is very rational and reasonable - understand the business inside and out - as you would expect being the former COO. But, its great to have someone so in-tune with the business, know where it needs to go and have the calmness to clearly articulate that direction to others. I've seen too many other CEOs who didn't know where they were driving the ship and then got mad when they got lost. So refreshing not to be in that situation here!

Company has one of the best benefits package I've seen in a long time! And of course the best cafeteria ever!

Cons

There are some processes here that are cumbersome and lengthy.
    You might gain weight because the cafeteria is a foodie's dream!

Advice to Management

Don't need to build everything from scratch.
    Keep investing in development in new products that help businesses change the world.

"TIBCO was and is a great place to work"

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dynamic, cutting edge technology and a good group of people who work very hard and trying to make a difference in the world.

Cons

A lot of uncertainty right now, but the company is going to emerge as a much stronger, focused organization in 6 months time.

Advice to Management

Focus on what the customer wants and what the company does well. Narrow product stack and regain profit margins.

5. "good company to work with"

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

good benefits and overall work culture

Cons

nothing particular that I can think of

6. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started working at TIBCO straight out of college as a digital marketing intern. I had a lot to learn, and I can easily say that at my time here at TIBCO, I don't think I could have learned more anywhere else. You are surrounded by a lot of creative and intelligent people who have a lot of experience and know what they are doing. Everyone supports one another, and the benefits are great as well. I would recommend working there to anyone.

Cons

The cafe gets extremely crowded and they just increased the price of food there by quite a bit.

7. "Great first job"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cutting edge technology and some of the biggest clients in the world. Able to work in every kind of corporate environment imaginable.

Cons

85% Travel means little time for family

8. "Awesome culture"

I have been working at TIBCO Software part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is great and has awesome culture ,friendly atmosphere and provides opportunity for growth.

Cons

The company needs to innovate on new products and shift directions towards growth.

9. "hard to find a better company to work for..."

Current Employee - Senior Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- people.. some of the smartest people you will ever work with...really helping and care for each other. I work in consulting division within central and it is one big happy family.
    - lots of opportunity to move around. if you know what you want to do, its is really easy to move around
    - senior management is really great..they know what they are doing.. every one is really focussed and passionate about taking TIBCO to the next level
    - product...TIBCO products are far superior than everyone else in every market where TIBCO competes....lots of learning opportunity.

Cons

- in my current job, the thing i hate the most is travel...requires travel every week monday thru thursday...

- there

Advice to Management

continue doing what you have been doing....

10. "If you want to solve problems others cannot, this is the place to be!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very innovative and customer focused culture. Career mobility across functions and geographies even if you haven't done the job before, but you need to show the initiative. Highly relevant technology with social, mobile, loyalty, predictive analytics, and integration platform. The place to be if you are driven and want to keep raising the bar.

Cons

If you are looking for a steady state job environment, this is not the place as the pace is high and you will feel like you are getting left behind.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the smartest kids around the world.

11. "Senior Business Development Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Executive in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Executive in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, team focus and customer centric, great location!

Cons

None come to mind, It is by far the best employment experience i have ever had

Advice to Management

Consider posting a more accessible location of where I may find the new job and promotion opportunities.