TIC - The Industrial Company Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
TIC - The Industrial Company President & CEO Terry Carlsgaard
Terry Carlsgaard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This company truly cares about safety, developing their people, and providing a good work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Advancement - from a laborer to a licensed electrician through the NCCER training program (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Be prepared for long hours but if you can handle it the opportunity to gain experience and responsibility will come quickly (in 6 reviews)

• Work life balance is not always a priority (in 3 reviews)

1. "Estimator"

Former Employee - Estimator in Casper, WY
    Former Employee - Estimator in Casper, WY

I worked at TIC - The Industrial Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company used to have a decent backlog and obtained contract awards on a regular, basis; however...

Cons

...The company seems to be at its weakest point. I would not be surprised to see Kiewit engulf what's left of TIC within the next 2 years.

Advice to Management

Kiewit is all about the bottom line, and because half of the managers are kids that just graduated college, there is not much respect for long-time and experienced employees.

2. "Millwright"

Former Employee - Millwright in Hereford, TX
    Former Employee - Millwright in Hereford, TX

I worked at TIC - The Industrial Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Did not work long enough for this company to rate them

Cons

I was wrongfully accused of stealing a piece of bread that I made a sandwich with at a company cookout in Hereford TX. I was told by Project Managers that I had sticky hands I was not a trusted employee. While other employees made sandwiches from the same loaf of bread, I was the only one singled out and let go!!! I am thinking of filing a defamation lawsuit against this company, any advice or feedback from anyone would be most appreciated.

Advice to Management

Hire new managers that care about their employees

3. "10years"

Current Employee - E&I Foreman in Pryor, OK
    Current Employee - E&I Foreman in Pryor, OK

I have been working at TIC - The Industrial Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great safety and family oriented I have only worked for tic and they are family

Cons

Upper management has a lot of perks that us in the field don't always see and moving up is very competitive even for ppl that are loyal collage wins all the time

Advice to Management

Look at the employees that are loyal to you more

"pipefitter top hellper"

Former Employee - Pipefitter in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Pipefitter in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TIC - The Industrial Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

is good company and I like work for tic.

Cons

I work luisiana, colorado las vegas nv.and

5. "Electrical Field Engineer"

Current Employee - Electrical Field Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Electrical Field Engineer in Denver, CO

Pros

Great way to gain experience, travel, and be put into a variety of roles. This company truly cares about safety, developing their people, and providing a good work/life balance. Health care is second to none, PTO is more than enough to satisfy employees, and professional growth/development is outstanding. The people working for this company are some of the best men and women I have ever met.

Cons

Until recently I had no complaints about this company. However, after several internships and working for them full-time for over a year, they keep taking away "benefits" that were always considered by employees as a guaranteed. Sub/Per Diem and rotation weekends now requires a second home and without it, the salary is undesirable. The company continues to get larger and with that, they are becoming more concerned about business and less concerned about people. This company provides is doing everything right except the financial compensation.

Advice to Management

Consider how the big decisions made will impact valued employees morale and personal lives.

6. "Electrical Field Engineer"

Former Employee - Electrical Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Electrical Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at TIC - The Industrial Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company and stable work

Cons

To many short term projects

Advice to Management

Keep your experienced employee instead of recruiting younger cheaper personnel

7. "welder"

Former Employee - Structural Welder in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Structural Welder in Tulsa, OK

Pros

good hours, lots of work.

Cons

got laid off soon. Poor management

8. "Great experience, wonderful opportunity, good salary."

Current Employee - Field Engineer II in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Field Engineer II in Houston, TX

I have been working at TIC - The Industrial Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunities, excellent training. Will have opportunity to travel. You will have the chance to take your career as far as you want to go.

Cons

It can be tough traveling with a family and you will be asked to move with short notice. You will be a one income family as it is hard for spouse to keep a job while moving.

9. "Company Hurting / Losing Direction"

Former Employee - Lead Project Engineer in Hayden, CO
    Former Employee - Lead Project Engineer in Hayden, CO

I worked at TIC - The Industrial Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Provide great training
    Compensation is overall not bad

Cons

Haven't won a job in over a 1 year
    Take it or leave it attitude
    Transferring or laying people off

Advice to Management

Turn the ship around. What your doing isnt working and hasn't gotten you any more projects so you need to change.

10. "Never again"

Current Employee - Pipe Fitter in Chouteau, OK
    Current Employee - Pipe Fitter in Chouteau, OK

I have been working at TIC - The Industrial Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have paychecks that don't bounce. Two or three people know what they are doing.

Cons

There is zero communication. No concern about plumb level or square. It is perfectly ok to miss your coordinates by 1 3/4 inches in 20 feet. Was personally told there is never a problem with prefab and a weld never draws. I've been in the industry for 10 years and because I've never worked for TIC before most everyone has the attitude that I have no idea what I'm doing and there is no way I learned a trade anywhere else. To become a member of management just hang around a while. You don't have to have any idea what you are doing or how to lead, you just have to be loyal to TIC for a while.

Advice to Management

Replace all of your management. Try getting some respectful caring people in HR. Let's try taking a lot more pride in what we do and just a little less in how long we've been doing it. Learn how to read a tape measure. Try hiring an inspector. Look at an actual business model where people are excited about being there instead of miserable all day.