KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

TJ Maxx President and CEO Ernie Herrman
Ernie Herrman
1,111 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Flexible hours and you’re able to be rehired if you didn’t leave on bad terms.(in 404 reviews)
  • "Most people are nice and really helpful.(in 339 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great and helpful(in 318 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule and 10% discount(in 232 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and if u can make it 5 or 10 years(in 158 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay (It had gone up from $9 to $11 an hour for associates(in 536 reviews)
  • "poor management ( they literally just sit in the office and gossip about everyone even other managers )(in 471 reviews)
  • "If you are not a favorite among the managers do not plan on getting very many hours.(in 274 reviews)
  • "too many people telling you to do the same thing differently no training system or standard(in 75 reviews)
  • "Also the pay is extremely low, even supervisors only make barely above minimum wage.(in 68 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of TJ Maxx and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

What a Wonderful Place

Nov 8, 2021 - Fitting Room Associate in Pensacola, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I applied for this position for the holidays to help me "Find My Christmas". With the pandemic, I struggled during the holidays last year in getting into the spirit of the holidays. I had lost my Christmas spirit...it made me sad. This year, I decided to apply to my favorite stores for weekend work to help get my Holiday Cheer back. Marshall's reached out right away when I sent in my application online. What a Fantastic Team they have at Pensacola Marshall's!! These wonderful, kindhearted people enjoy each other and what they do. They just make me smile! The store is decked out for Christmas and the sales are so great that the shoppers are happy to be there and visit with the staff as they shop. This team cares about each other and the guests that visit the store. I am proud to be a part of what they offer. There's ALOT of Christmas Magic happening in this store. Found my Christmas! Thank you Marshall's Pensacola, I'll see you at work this weekend.

Cons

I haven't found anything negative about this position at all.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Easy job, Okay pay

May 12, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Its a very easy job with a nice work environment. They are crazy about credit cards but not too extreme

Cons

Low pay. In PA they just moved the starting hourly up to $12 an hour, but coordinators don't make much more than that. A promotion to coordinator is only a $1 raise.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Oct 2, 2022 - Sales Associate in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super friendly work environment with lots of on the job training and help from managers and supervisors.

Cons

Sometimes, higher ups abuse their power and don't do work which leaves it all on associates.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It's Okay

Oct 1, 2022 - Retail Sales Associate/Cashier in Sumter, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free Food and Snacks on occasion, great work to life balance, easy to learn, meet new people, employee discount.

Cons

Can be boring, you probably wont be scheduled enough hours if you're someone who is trying to support themselves. This job is more for high-school students and retired people, everyone gets their days off so don't wait till the last minute to request yours

Continue reading
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Pay

Sep 29, 2022 - Customer Experience Coordinator in Honolulu, HI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good managers Friendly Flexible Welcoming Supportive

Cons

None None None None None

6. 5.0

Great

Sep 30, 2022 - Great Place to Work
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work strong community

Cons

No bad things. Great time!

7. 4.0

Great part-time job

Sep 30, 2022 - Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

The discount is great. They allow time off.

Cons

Alot of work and sometimes rude customers

8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Over worked

Sep 30, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clothing store, who doesn’t love

Cons

Not appreciated, over worked stressed

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Credit cards

Sep 30, 2022 - Sales Associate/Cashier in Port Washington, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stocking was fun and the environment was pleasant

Cons

The credit cards is what made me leave

10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Pretty good work environment

Sep 28, 2022 - Seasonal Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse team and everyone was willing to help each other

Cons

Not enough hours and understaffed

Viewing 1 - 10 of 6,708 Reviews

TJ Maxx Reviews FAQs

TJ Maxx has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 6,841 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at TJ Maxx to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, TJ Maxx employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at TJ Maxx. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

61% of TJ Maxx employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated TJ Maxx 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at TJ Maxx to be benefits, work life balance, coworkers and the cons to be culture, career development, management.

Popular Careers with TJ Maxx Job Seekers