TJX Companies Reviews in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Ernie Herrman
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance non existent especially in New York (in 31 reviews)

• For a struggling college student, not being able to get full time, I couldn't afford to go to school with the amount of hours I was given (in 49 reviews)

1. "Store managers"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stability growing company value as a person

Cons

None. Nothing to say retail is retail

Advice to Management

Hard working challenging

2. "Extremely Demanding"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager Operations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager Operations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company believes in hiring from within, spends money for additional training at Mgt. Levels.

Cons

Work life balance is insisted by companies standards....but then not always the case in the stores.

Advice to Management

Be prepared to be overwhelmed and understaffed. Getting it done is your daily challenge. Overall great company that does care for its entire team.

3. "Okay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like work it is great. I made goog money and the benefits are really go if a little expensive but It was my first job so I was great ful.

Cons

They own you and they know it and if you want to have a life after or while working there good luck. It will nor happen

4. "You'll get all the hours you want and don't want"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Dallas, TX

I worked at TJX Companies part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible with work hours when you ask within a reasonable amount of time. Mostly friendly coworkers. Weekly paycheck. Will allow you to progress through the job (like do home department then go to cashier, etc.)

Cons

The store will constantly get messy because of the customers which means constant reorganizing. The atmosphere of the store is kind of depressing. Hours will feel long.

Advice to Management

Redecorate the store, change the music, and maybe figure out a fool-proof organization method.

"Good job, not great pay, very behind from a technological standpoint."

Current Employee - Lead Loss Prevention Detective in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Loss Prevention Detective in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very good company that cares about the community and will give back during hard times. Most positions are minimum wage but loss prevention does pay significantly better. The company is expanding and is working diligently to grow into a 40 billion per year company. Excellent internal promotion possibilities on the store side if your willing to devote yourself.

Cons

This company is all about saving money so don't expect to be offered a competitive salary. You have to fight for any pay raises and the yearly raises are a joke. You can get promoted but don't expect them to give you what they would give an external candidate. This company loves external candidates and many times won't even hold interviews or post open positions if they can find a good external candidate.

Advice to Management

You talk constantly about internal development and complete IDP's yearly but rarely give a promotion to an internal candidate. If you will offer an external candidate 45,000 but will only offer an internal candidate an max 15% raise, don't be surprised when they get upset. The least you can do is upgrade from a technology standpoint, it's sad.

6. "Hard work, decent pay, promote within, good deals"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at TJX Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay for no experience....given a lot of chances.... decent bonus..... growth not bad...
    met the ceo on more than once, and that was in dallas...super nice, shopped my store often...

Cons

work hard, long, holiday hours... paid hourly associates min wage... little time for family..

Advice to Management

pay associates more, and will get better people that will stay, and shrink will go down...

7. "Overall experience positive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

TJX is an ever growing company focused on doubling it's overall sales to $40B over the next several years. With expansion comes opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

TJX has afforded me many opportunities. The pros of working for TJX far outweigh any cons I could think of.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent in how you hold individuals at the same level accountable

Showing 7 of 1,410 reviews