TJX Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,429 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance non existent especially in New York (in 34 reviews)

• The hours for full time employees ranges from 7am to 10pm, with changing shifts for every schedule (in 51 reviews)

1. "Intern Review"

Pros

Company environment was nice. Free lunch twice a week.

Cons

Buyer I worked for did not care to teach my anything that would be useful for my future. She would give me poor evaluations when she never payed attention to my hard work and dedication especially always completing projects early and efficiently.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the buyers that interns are assigned too. Give surveys to those who completed internships to help improve.

"Hmmm Ok...."

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TJX Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and Salary is ok.

Cons

Work and life balance needs improvement and there's opportunities on technology and methods

3. "analyst"

I worked at TJX Companies full-time

Pros

development program, food, benefits, well-known company

Cons

culture, managers act like they are in high school

"This is for the Vegas distribution center: Bad workforce environment and culture, bad management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TJX Companies (Less than a year)

Pros

There were some nice people on the floor. Some of them are supportive and are willing to help.

Cons

Incentives make people mean to each other. Because there’s a grading system, associates will sometimes cheat others to get the favorable work so that they get the incentives. This creates a bad work environment and bad relationships among associates. Management also do not provide necessary tools to do the job. They are so tight on budget that some associates resort to buying their own equipment. Management also likes promising advancements to people but don’t deliver. Happened to several folks and it definitely created mistrust and disappointment.

Advice to Management

Live up to your word.
    Don’t promise promotion and not give it.
    Create a better incentive system that doesn’t influence bad work ethics and cukture to the associates.

5. "Great experience! Learnt a lot"

Current Employee - Mobile Developer
    Current Employee - Mobile Developer

Pros

Friendly and always ready to help. Work environment is not aggressive and people have some breathing space. Nice management and great working environment.

Cons

Nothing I could think of. Sometimes the work can get slow and you might not learn much but it's a great place.

Advice to Management

Keep on the good work. Had a nice experience

6. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at TJX Companies (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance good people to work with. At store level just like all retail lots of work to be done not enough people or hours to do it to push for the TJX credit card was intense but it all depends on who your district manager is whether there is work/Life balance or not

Cons

My particular district manager was unprofessional non supportive and overall a mean person

Advice to Management

Just keep your head down,nod your head yes a lot. It all depends on your district manager if you have a good one it's great but if you had one like I had she was a mean-spirited non-communicative person who like to blame everybody but herself for her failures and upper management did nothing to stop it she was great at putting on the phony fake happy person when upper management was around but when it came to management and regular Associates she was not a very nice person so it's all a roll of the dice my prior district manager was great but he retired.

7. "Stocker"

Former Employee - EARLY MORNING STOCKER in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - EARLY MORNING STOCKER in Athens, GA

I worked at TJX Companies part-time

Pros

great workplace
    friendly staff
    fast-paced job
    employee discounts

Cons

did not provide gloves to prevent cuts from boxes as you will be cutting alot as a stocker

8. "Try to push the older employees out."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grove City, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grove City, OH

I worked at TJX Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with every year I work with a new bunch of people.. There was a few that had worked there about 8 years or longer. I knew all the departments and worked them. Plus the register and processing.

Cons

I never felt like I was appreciated only by the customers. I had gone to college for retail management but even after 8 yrs still made under 10.00$ Then the people that got promoted walk around talking to other employees and didn't stay in the department.

Advice to Management

Watch your coordinators a lot of them are not doing what there supposed to be. The people that make things look nice are not always the coordinators . Appreciate the associates. Lots of time they don't get credit for what they do.

9. "Sales and Back-Room Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Granbury, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Granbury, TX

I have been working at TJX Companies part-time (More than a year)

Pros

10% discount, 401K, Flexible hours

Cons

Other Associates calling in and then be short staffed.: Seniority does not matter

Advice to Management

Hard workers deserve to be promoted.

10. "Company is great - IT function is aweful"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Framingham, MA

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company culture is positive and the company is doing really well. They stick with the core values of relationship building and the off-price model. The company is very charitable and truly gives back to the community.

Cons

No real technical innovative. The technology department is leaderless now under our 3rd CIO in four years. His interest is foremost in managing his career. Decisions are driven by two consulting firms. The CIO removes those that question him, no loyalty (what happen to the leader who set the modernization technology direction?). Mostly we are heads down and just do our job.

Advice to Management

Look into IT with an independent firm, who are not under the direction of the CIO. Get technical talent back.

Showing 1,429 of 1,512 reviews