TLC School Transportation Reviews | Glassdoor

TLC School Transportation Reviews

Updated March 26, 2017

2.0
CEO

1. "Decent Company to work for."

Current Employee - Bus Driver in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Bus Driver in New Brunswick, NJ

Pros

Have lots of openings and are willing to work with you re: the position you want and the hours and schedule.

Cons

This company does not pay as well as other school bus transport services, but hey a job is a job.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees all of them with a little more respect and understanding. They are your workers and helping achieve their best interests will help you overall reach yours.

2. "It was fairly decent."

Current Employee - School Van Driver in Queen City, TX
    Current Employee - School Van Driver in Queen City, TX

Pros

This is a decent company to work for. I enjoyed my time there. The leadership was great and the co-workers were also personable

Cons

No much room for advancement and the benefits were so so. Needed a better paying driving job with stronger benefits.

Advice to Management

Not much the position wasn't really one that offered advancements. Employee bonuses would be nice and the opportunity to do private jobs for extra income would be good.

3. "Stuck in a Rut"

Current Employee - Driver in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Driver in Canton, MA

Pros

The hours are flexible and employees have personal use of the school vans off hours. The mechanics are excellent and tend to any problems very quickly.

Cons

The starting pay is low and I personally have asked to be reviewed for a raise many times since the beginning of the school year and have had no response. I have been at the company for over a year and am being paid less an hour than new hires with less experience. Also, I have had trouble with communications with the office. Working with some of the students can be very stressful. I am also dissatisfied with the results I have had filing conduct reports on some of my students. I believe that the office is not filing my reports properly because I have written up certain students over three times and nothing has happened in regards to them being reprimanded. If you report a student three times they are supposed to be taken off the bus for a day or two. I have also heard the owner say he doesn't care about the drivers, he said if a driver doesn't like something "tough".... he (the driver) can be replaced.

Advice to Management

Tell the owner to treat his employees fairly, give performance reviews once or twice a year and reward good employees with a pay increase. Also, if I am an employee that is there every day and on time he shouldn't have to beg for a day off if he needs one.

5. "Unprofessional"

I worked at TLC School Transportation full-time

Pros

Good people we transported..had alot of good times but sometimes it was frustrating

Cons

The owner doesn't know how to talk to his employee and is very disrespectful on the dispatch radio.

Advice to Management

Learn how to talk to people and maybe u can keep your employee(s).