TMC Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
TMC President Jordan Kass
Jordan Kass

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I have also not experienced the level of work-life balance that our people get to appreciate at TMC" (in 13 reviews)

• "The office space is a beautiful rehabbed and well-designed space in the West Loop including a roof deck" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain Management" (in 6 reviews)

• "Low pay, no benefits, very competitive, unrealistic expectations, entry level workers are not valued" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Dynamic Company with"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Senior leadership truly cares about and listens to the opinions of everyone in the company. I have been impressed by senior leadership understanding that while we're a technology focused company, it's people who make the difference. Their actions have backed up their words.

Employees that demonstrate initiative and buy-in are rewarded with advancement opportunities. The Chicago office is in an amazing location in the West Loop.

Cons

Career advancement is somewhat limited within the company once you reach management level, but that's not unique to TMC,

Advice to Management

You have a great thing going. Don't sweat the small stuff ...having senior leadership meetings to discuss Kleenex policy and dress code distracts from our strategic focus. Engage closely with key customers, understand their needs and develop solutions that resonates with them.

2. "Logistics Representative"

Former Employee - Logistics Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Logistics Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at TMC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Modern facility
    Location
    Friendly Environment
    Decent Training
    Friendly HR Team

Cons

No parking
    Decent Training
    Lack of age diversity

"A ship waiting to sink"

Former Employee - Logistics Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Logistics Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at TMC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady paycheck, benefits are good.

Cons

I cannot even begin to explain the cons within this organization. Constant lies to our customers regarding our IT road map and our overall capabilities. TMC is so far behind technology-wise, it makes me wonder what the sales team is saying to procure/retain customers. Get ready to be an email jockey for 8 hours a day. It was not uncommon for me to send 160+ emails a day while juggling the rest of my daily duties.

The talent is an absolute joke. I came in with an orientation class of about 9 people, all extremely qualified with backgrounds in supply chain. After about a year and a half, I was one of two left. There was (I am sure still is) a mass talent exodus that HR seems to be replacing with people they can get at an extremely cheap hourly rate. I'm pretty sure the last two people I worked with did not have college degrees and keep in mind these people are managing a good portion of a company's supply chain.

IMPACT model is a waste of time, we spent months on an IMPACT project to see minimal time savings in what we were trying to accomplish.

Pay is a joke. When I accepted the job, I took a pay cut because I thought that this growing company had something going and could result in a huge raise later on down the line. The result? They degraded everyone's job title and bumped them to hourly employees. If you want a stepping stone in logistics, aim for the carriers like JB Hunt or Schneider, they are least pay you a respectable salary.

Office environment is bad. Huge cubicle farm. They don't even allow you to wear headphones (and yes they actually enforce it). As trivial as that is, what company makes a rule like that?

Just don't work here.

Advice to Management

Whoever is in charge of talent acquisition...fire them. 4 panels and IMPACT are outdated and a waste of time, I worked on site with the customer and they laughed when they heard about both of these.

"Hope you Endjoy"

I worked at TMC (More than 3 years)

Pros

TMC was a company full of joy a few years back. Joyous occasions shared by TMC employees. We enjoyed working for the company then. The joy of putting smiles on the faces of our customers. The joy of an engaged workforce. Those were the days. We had a culture that most loved back then.

Cons

The joy has faded and working for TMC has become less enjoyable. The company is trying to find the culture that was once celebrated. Joy in the office is down and I could not figure out why. It pained me to see the joy being ripped from such a vibrant company. As you all start to look around, you must ask—-what happened to the joyful TMC culture. The answers may be right under your noses.

Advice to Management

Someone take the wheel or this joyride is bound to crash.

"Everything is broken"

Current Employee - Logistics Lead
    Current Employee - Logistics Lead

I have been working at TMC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can coast by or be recognized for hard work. Your choice.

Cons

Too many to list. Our platform doesn't work, yet we keep selling it to customers who in turn are frustrated that they cannot acheive their goals with a broken system. We are forced to tell customers that "we have tickets in with IT to fix the problems" but fixes never get implemented or put in place. HR is a joke. They've ignored complaints of harassment, especially regarding minorities. Raises never come. Promotions are only allowed after jumping through hoops and crossing enough red tape to strangle yourself. Global leadership and Core team is highly out of touch with reality.

Advice to Management

Fix the system. Fix your culture. You need to purge, because the ship is basically sunk at this point.

6. "Company review"

Pros

Good flexible work remote possibility

Cons

No complaints working for here

"TMC as a whole"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMC full-time

Pros

The CEO is a very friendly person who is willing to get to know anyone who wants to come in and have a one on one conversation. A good portion of the office are easy to work with and have a very positive attitude.

Cons

There isn't a very well defined advancement structure. At a current point there is no where to go unless you want a lateral move. With a lateral move or even a year end raise there isn't much opportunity for a pay bump. On the other hand, the training that is available is very rudimentary. For example Excel skills, introductions to different positions in the company, etc. There isn't much technical growth or industry knowledge growth. Also, you have to be careful of which team you are placed on. Some teams can be very difficult, internally and externally.

Advice to Management

Develop a more comprehensive training, advancement, and payment structures to help retain and attack more talent.

"Rapid downfall"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at TMC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Used to be a great company, where passionate and hungry people strove for excellence.

Cons

Everyone knows that the company is struggling with a mass talent exodus. Reason? more emphasis on spending a lot of time talking about how things should be done v/s actually doing something. All recent positive reviews are fake.

Advice to Management

Do something before it's too late.

9. "Great"

Pros

Loved the job. Everyone is so nice.

Cons

Nothing really. I really loved the job

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

10. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to grow at

Cons

Entitled coworkers who do not contribute much