TMC Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
TMC President Jordan Kass
Jordan Kass

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I have also not experienced the level of work-life balance that our people get to appreciate at TMC" (in 13 reviews)

• "TMC is a high growth fast paced work environment that offers a strong upward career path for those that choose" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "In general work life balance is good" (in 7 reviews)

• "Average to low pay (because after all, you work at a fun startup" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Company review"

Pros

Good flexible work remote possibility

Cons

No complaints working for here

"TMC as a whole"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMC full-time

Pros

The CEO is a very friendly person who is willing to get to know anyone who wants to come in and have a one on one conversation. A good portion of the office are easy to work with and have a very positive attitude.

Cons

There isn't a very well defined advancement structure. At a current point there is no where to go unless you want a lateral move. With a lateral move or even a year end raise there isn't much opportunity for a pay bump. On the other hand, the training that is available is very rudimentary. For example Excel skills, introductions to different positions in the company, etc. There isn't much technical growth or industry knowledge growth. Also, you have to be careful of which team you are placed on. Some teams can be very difficult, internally and externally.

Advice to Management

Develop a more comprehensive training, advancement, and payment structures to help retain and attack more talent.

"Rapid downfall"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at TMC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Used to be a great company, where passionate and hungry people strove for excellence.

Cons

Everyone knows that the company is struggling with a mass talent exodus. Reason? more emphasis on spending a lot of time talking about how things should be done v/s actually doing something. All recent positive reviews are fake.

Advice to Management

Do something before it's too late.

4. "Great"

Pros

Loved the job. Everyone is so nice.

Cons

Nothing really. I really loved the job

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to grow at

Cons

Entitled coworkers who do not contribute much

"Awful Experience"

Pros

There were no pros there

Cons

Managment treated me like garbage

"Shady Bro’s Network"

Former Employee - Senior Logistics Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Logistics Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at TMC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They had decent benefits and vacation for the most part.

Cons

It was a big Frat House, most employees had gone to the same few schools. Unqualified people were consistently promoted over more qualified people. There were no minorities in upper management. They pick and chose who will get promoted. Those people don’t have to go through the rigors that others have to in order to be promoted. People are terminated with. I just cause. Management is very petty. If you don’t kiss their butt you will not advance.

Advice to Management

Grow up, take a look in the mirror. Stop promoting unqualified people because they kiss your butt.

"Pipe Dream at Best"

Current Employee - Senior Logistics Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Logistics Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-West Loop location. Close to some nice eateries.
    -Nice office design. You get a free mouse pad and beanie and mug and water bottle and t-shirt too so you can sport the company in your entire walk of life.
    -Job security. Only felons get fired from TMC.
    -We just got a fancy new vending machine.
    -Fun people?

Cons

The technology literally never works. Account teams are made to lie to clients about the software and its capabilities, if Sales hasn’t already built up a hefty promise impossible of honoring. Oh and good luck applying for a promotion!

-Extremely low pay.
    -Extremely apathetic and under-qualified HR team.
    -Absent President.
    -Entitled Leadership paid to glide through the office looking down on their lowly subjects.
    -Account managers do not develop employees.
    -Low performers are rewarded.
    -High performers are held back.
    -Mindless rollouts of new operating model (which I have always been confused about - why are we implementing a project-based delivery model when the root cause of most problems is TMC’s platform. Are we deflecting?)
    -Sales not aligned with Operations.
    -Operations not aligned with Implementations.
    -Implementations not aligned at all (this is the team they put you on when they can’t find another place for you).
    -Virtually no support for failing platform (“TMC Technology” is the smallest team in the building).

Advice to Management

Get out. Stop posting fake “positive” reviews that make the company seem like it’s thriving with great people and good morale. Turnover is increasing significantly. I’ll be out as soon as I have another offer elsewhere! Bye. :)

"If you don't like being held accountable, this is the place for you!"

I have been working at TMC full-time

Pros

Great 401k and Health Insurance benefits.
    Job Security.
    You can wear jeans.
    There are some great people that work at TMC, but their numbers are shrinking by the month.

Cons

TMC truly does have a talent crisis. They pay well below industry averages, and it is starting to show. They are losing more and more of their top talent, while struggling to attract new talent, which is causing issues across the company.
        Accounts at TMC are also wildly inconsistent. If you’re lucky enough to get a job on one of the “Consulting” accounts you have it made. The main “consulting” team rarely works (with a few team members picking up the slack). Some members of this team don’t know a thing about the transportation industry and it really shows. Other teams aren’t so lucky, with people working long hours with no breaks at low pay. I have seen people come into TMC happy and well adjusted, and come out defeated and jaded.
        Long story short, if you are in desperate need of a job, or just graduated college go work for TMC. The pay is incredibly low, but it is almost impossible to get fired (you don’t even have to do your job!) and it can give you good experience in the industry to leverage into a job that pays an average wage in the industry.

Advice to Management

There is no point to give advice. It's clear past advice has been ignored.

10. "PTA"

I worked at TMC full-time

Pros

Great place to work and grow.

Cons

Can be some long work days.