TMC Transportation Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TMC Transportation CEO Harrold Annett
Harrold Annett

Pros
  • Pay is good and they do everything they can to get you home every weekend (in 5 reviews)

• Good pay for those willing to work for it, good benefits, home every weekend, (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Flatbedding is tough work, and you're away from home during the week (in 3 reviews)

• Not a steady paycheck, terrible upper management, sometimes feels like they're just trying to give you the run around (in 2 reviews)

1. "Over-the-road truck driver"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at TMC Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They get you home on the weekends as they advertised. This is a competitive company but they give you the tools to know how to be competitive with your peers. The trucks are in fantastic shape but you have to keep them clean the training is very good, they treat you with respect and dignity if you're looking for a long haul this company is definitely worth it as they even have a driver funded emergency account in case the driver has some unexpected expenses because of a family sickness or death

Cons

The biggest problem is when you get a different trailer often times the people before you had not taken care of the gear. It can be frustrating dealing with emails and trying to get stuff figured out to get replaced or repaired. Well I like keeping the clean truck it gets frustrating when you finally find a truck wash but it is not authorized at that location. If you have pets for a girlfriend or fiance they cannot come along it is family members only and no pets

Advice to Management

Honestly I would like to take my fiance with me on the trip so she could see what it is like from my end and what I have to do before we get married so she can decide for herself what she wants to do for her new career. It would be better to have phone conversations with your drivers instead of dealing with e-mail when it comes to repair. Aside from that I have no complaints.

2. "Truck driver"

I worked at TMC Transportation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great trucks even though they are slow

Cons

Having to sit and wait for loads during off season

3. "Great Company, Great Benefits"

I have been working at TMC Transportation full-time

Pros

I like the ESOP and the benefits.

Cons

I don't care for how hard it is to change shifts

Advice to Management

Run a better shop

"Misleading recruiting advertisement"

Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Penn Hills, PA
    Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Penn Hills, PA

I have been working at TMC Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training staff and team in Des Moines are awesome! Great people driving & the equipment is very nice.

Cons

Poor income options. Most loads pay very poorly. Occasionally you'll get a good one but it's rare. They'll tell you you need to park up on Sunday to earn more but you won't. The senior drivers get the best paying loads.

Advice to Management

Please don't lead a person to believe they can earn $55,000-$60,000 their first year. I've spoken to every single driver I've met in the past 5 months & all of them make between $800-$900 per week, every one.

"A Classy Company"

Pros

Everything they do is with excellence. I worked for them for over a year. There was one weekend I didn't make it home out of that year, and it was because they sent me to Des Moines and put me in a brand new Peterbilt 379. And I mean only 300 miles brand new!! Everything they told me they would do, they did. I've seen drivers give TMC a bad review, but my experience with them was very good. They preach excellence and they expect it. I suspect that some of the guys that have a problem with TMC have a problem with authority and self discipline. Usually people who AREN'T excellent, rebel against people that ARE excellent. Anyway, if you have a good work ethic, appreciate integrity, honesty, and can muster up some personal responsibility, you should do well at TMC. I only left them because I just don't care for flatbedding. The company themselves are great.

Cons

Flatbedding is tough work, and you're away from home during the week. Trucks are slow, they could at least set them at 68 mph!!

7. "Great Flatbed Company"

Current Employee - Flat Bed Truck Driver in Romulus, MI
    Current Employee - Flat Bed Truck Driver in Romulus, MI

I have been working at TMC Transportation (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company home every weekend good pay!

Cons

Winter time due to Flat Bed

8. "Good starter company"

Pros

Great company to learn how to run a flatbed

Cons

Too many rules and other employees always looking for a reason to call safety

Advice to Management

Listen to drivers more

9. "Long Hours with Long Hauls"

Pros

TMC trucking is a good company however they have slightly decreased pay over the years. Winter time slows down and effects pay checks.

Cons

I get home either LATE Friday or early Saturday morning and leave either Sunday or VERY EARLY Monday. The pay does NOT support a family. It might be a good job for someone homeless....they can live in the truck and have some food money!

Advice to Management

erating a commercial vehicle with a flatbed trailer. Strapping, chaining and tarping loads. Most people at the company have a holier than thou attitude, especially at the corporate headquarters. Forced dispatch and no say so in what loads you get. Started off good, ended up hating it. Please change.

"You will fill bullied by your office manager"

Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Bentonville, AR
    Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Bentonville, AR

I worked at TMC Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great company with a good base pay with a great bounce plan. It's one of the best jobs for a coverage employees.

Cons

If you like being cursed out and put down by your Manager this is the job for you. If that's not bad enough the Manager loves to cause drama. To move up you will have to be in her little drama click. Its wore that high school. This is roamed as the best office? If numbers is they only thing that matters guess that's true. There's zero professional management in the office.

Advice to Management

I would like to think if you new how your office was really being ran you would be upset and shocked. Before management from Corp comes in everyone is told how to act. Also the office Manager acts totally fake when Corp is down.

11. "Awesome place to work."

Former Employee - Diesel Mechanic in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Diesel Mechanic in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at TMC Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone was easy to get along with. Work load was consistent for the most part. Wish I would have never left.

Cons

None really. I have nothing constructive to add. Overall great place to work. Wish I didn't have to move out of state.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.